Muddy OSD on Vista Ultimate SP1

miro111hrzg

Best Regards,

I have to say that OSD is often very muddy on vista, as you can see on this picture.

I don't know why. On Windows XP it was very clear.

I use EVR Vista Enhanced for video rendering. DVBViewer Vesrion is latest 3.9.4.0

Do you know why?!

support.zip is also attached

post-35868-1212600010_thumb.jpg

support.zip

Edited by miro111hrzg
Try a HD skin and the result will be much worse.

E.g. concinnity 3D

I must admit I'm not a lover of Vista, I installed it just to see what's new and fixed in last SP1.

As I can remeber, system would change theme when I would start DVBViewer to vista classic, but now works with aero theme and that's good.

It was pretty iritating to watch every program changing the theme. :)

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, changing to OverlayMixer solved it. You will miss the transparency but it is much faster and better looking,

/Mattias

Hi.

I have terrible SUB´s/OSD since i move to Visat/Evr.

Is this the same solution for me to move to another skin?

This is most visible when i run in 1920x1080 om 100"

On XP/VMR7 don''t have this problem.

Regards

Well, unfortunately this is a problem with the nVIDIA graphics driver.

Thanks for answering.

So you mean i have to wait for a new driver och do i have to move to

ATI? I have a 8800GT and 175.xx driver. Any other solution?

Regards

As suggested, you could use Overlay Renderer. nVIDIA drivers are full of bugs, have a 8600 GTS here and a ATi HD3650. ATi is way better and I do not suffer from this bug. However sometimes after switching the channels a few times, video starts to flicker with EVR, but rebuilding the graph works around the problem.

I would not wait for a driver fix. Some problems are still existing after years (e.g. the VMR quarter picture DXVA bug). Better wait for the D3D renderer. Even though progress seems to have stopped here too it is still more likely then a nVIDIA driver fix :( .

Edited by CiNcH
As suggested, you could use Overlay Renderer. nVIDIA drivers are full of bugs, have a 8600 GTS here and a ATi HD3650. ATi is way better and I do not suffer from this bug. However sometimes after switching the channels a few times, video starts to flicker with EVR, but rebuilding the graph works around the problem.

I would not wait for a driver fix. Some problems are still existing after years (e.g. the VMR quarter picture DXVA bug). Better wait for the D3D renderer. Even though progress seems to have stopped here too it is still more likely then a nVIDIA driver fix :( .

Hmm. thanks again.

It seems like both world have some problems. Today with Nvidia i don't have the problem you describe

with switching and i think EVR looks much better than Overlay for me. The problem with switching is that

on all new ATI-card or just HD3650?

regards

The problem with switching is that on all new ATI-card or just HD3650?

I don't know. Maybe it is just my configuration. Will also have to try Catalyst 8.7..

I don't know. Maybe it is just my configuration. Will also have to try Catalyst 8.7..

OK.

So with ATI the subs are correct(more/less) when you compare to Nvidia in 1920x1080.

Just for if i should try to buy a new ATI-card.