Recording Service 1.4.1.11 web pages

In previous versions of the recording service, I have made a few changes to the web pages, e.g. to make better use of screen space, and a few other changes to make it more usable. When applying my changes to the default pages from the latest version, I noticed some changes to the data fields that the web server inserts at run-time. It relates to the block "epgloop" (e.g. in epg_daylist.html)

1) The field {recurl} is no longer recognised. This is a pain, because I like to add a record button to the EPG lists, so I don't have to go via the popup window.

2) The {subtitle} field, which used to return the entire prog description, now returns only a truncated version, prefixed with " - " and ending "...". There is plenty of space in my layout for the whole description, so it looks silly, and I have to keep opening the detail popup unnecessarily.

It seems the service output has been tailored to a particular screen layout. That's the wrong approach - such truncation and prefixing should be done in the javascript (if really necessary, which I don't believe it is).

Some of the other changes made in this version are big improvements. Some of the changes I used to make are no longer necessary.

I have attached my changed files, in case anyone is interested.

Regards,

Paul Newman

DVBViewerChanges.zip

Of course the changes are tailored for this skin. Since nobody seems to care based upon the feedback until now, I did as I thought best.

And prime objective was speed. The Daylist took over 4 minutes to load on my 100mbit network, which did really annoy me. now it takes 5-10 secs and has quarter to half of the size. OK part is heavy optimization in the webserver itself but the minimizing of elements was important also.

Now that I know somebody is actually using and modifying it, I have to think of something.

First of all: don't bother to do much with the current version, the next one will but up soon and there are several more changes (due to a simple rights management -> guest account and further optimizations and additions like epg for timer if available). And there will be a mobile version of some of the webpages.

Ok you need the {recurl} and the {subtitlelong} tag (a new one). What else?

Thanks for the info. I can't think of any other tags I need right now.

What would be really great is if the daylist showed programs for the next few hours, regardless of current time. As it is, if it's early, you get a huge page that is slow to load (and to read). More importantly, if it is e.g. 23:55 you can't see beyond the next 5 minutes. Maybe next to the "What's on today? from:" input have another "for next x hours", default about 4.