[ATi HD 3850 AGP] Problem with ATI MPEG Decoders

Klaus_1250

I'm using an ATi HD3850 AGP with the latest Catalyst 8.5 drivers and Avivo 8.5 to view Euro 2008 in h264 HD. Everything is working, except the ATi MPEG Decoders. While the Cyberlink H264 uses hardware acceleration, I'm not to sure what the ATi MPEG decoder is doing. It uses a fair amount of the CPU (50-60% vs. 5-10% Cyberlink) and the video is in slowmotion (literally). Every so many seconds the video "catches up". ATi MPEG Decoder on MPEG2 is fine, though it does a bit too much post-processing.

I'm not sure where to look for the solution. I checked out some reg tweaks, but according to regedit, the registry values are fine as they are. Anyone have some tips as to where to start looking?

Edited by Klaus_1250
I'm using an ATi HD3850 AGP with the latest Catalyst 8.5 drivers and Avivo 8.5 to view Euro 2008 in h264 HD. Everything is working, except the ATi MPEG Decoders. While the Cyberlink H264 uses hardware acceleration, I'm not to sure what the ATi MPEG decoder is doing. It uses a fair amount of the CPU (50-60% vs. 5-10% Cyberlink) and the video is in slowmotion (literally). Every so many seconds the video "catches up". ATi MPEG Decoder on MPEG2 is fine, though it does a bit too much post-processing.

I'm not sure where to look for the solution. I checked out some reg tweaks, but according to regedit, the registry values are fine as they are. Anyone have some tips as to where to start looking?

for AGP it is recommended to install the ATI HOTFIX Driver.

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default...uestionID=31542

That is the one I installed. Normal Catalysts don't even install (no supported hardware found)m because the hardware ID's are not in their inf files. So I have the right drivers (but perhaps not the right AVIVO ones, but I couldn't find AGP-fixed ones).