Netstreaming DVBServer v3.9.4.0

ii141c

I have bought DVBViewer Pro. 3.9.4.0 I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I have put DVB Server Pro as exception in Vista firewall. I do not have any more firewall.I have hauppage hvr4000 pc-card.

I want to make streaming in my LAN and i can`t do it. I can see free channels in both pc, but i cannot make streaming from server to client.

I have this configuration:

Options->Hardware->Unicast Network Device -->Normal with CI module present and DVB-S2 ticked (both server and client pc)

Server (has IP 192.168.0.20)

DVBServer v3.9.4.0

Settings

Network:

Streamtype:Unicast

Control Server: Interface 0.0.0.0 Port 4012

Unicast: Interface 0.0.0.0 max Users 6 Port 2345 Buffercount 100 max Buffer 5

Activate Autodiscovery ON Port 600

System:

Automatic Server start ON

Start minimized ON

I push Start

Client (has IP 192.168.0.22)

Options->Hardware->Unicast Network Device-> Setup

DVB Server:

IP: 192.168.0.20 (IP Pc with DVB Server Pro started)

Port:4012

DVB Unicast:

Interface:0.0.0.0

IP:192.168.0.22 (IP PC client when i want to see the channels)

Port: 2345

Buffer:64

I pick Search in Autodiscovery and it does not detect server

I think that the guide is not detailed and clear in this point (Netstreaming).

Please, can anybody help me? Are the values i put right (i have a lot of doubts in which values have i to put in interface and IP fields)? What am i doing wrong?

If anybody has a similar configuration as me (Vista, hvr 4000) and he has the netstreaming OK, please tell me how he has.

Thank you a lot.

Unicast: Interface 0.0.0.0 max Users 6 Port 2345 Buffercount 100 max Buffer 5

You should change the interface from 0.0.0.0 to the IP of you server PC (192.168.0.20) using the combo box

Thank you a lot.

So, if I am not wrong, following your instructions:

Server (has IP 192.168.0.20)

DVBServer v3.9.4.0

Settings

Network:

Streamtype:Unicast

Control Server: Interface 0.0.0.0 Port 4012

Unicast: Interface 192.168.0.20 (the IP of my server PC using the combo box) max Users 6 Port 2345

Buffercount 100 max Buffer 5

Activate Autodiscovery ON Port 600

System:

Automatic Server start ON

Start minimized ON

I push Start

Client (has IP 192.168.0.22)

DVB Server:

DVB Unicast:

Port: 2345

Buffer:64

I have yet any doubts:

1.-The two interfaces with 0.0.0.0 are right or I have to put IP from server or client?

2.-I have to start DVB Server only in pc-server and confih Options->Hardware->Unicast Network Device-> Setup in every client pc when i want to receive tha channel by streaming, is it Ok?

3.-In a pc you have 3 devices: local TDT, local SAT, and Unicast. When you select a channel, how do you select if you want to see it for the local TDT/local SAT or for Unicast? If you click a channel in your local channel list I think that it will try to see it in the local device associated (the device you use to scan them) but in fact I want to see it through unicast because I have not CI module and smart card in local. So, if every pc I have 3 devices ON (Normal): TDT, SAT, Unicast. How i choose to see it by unicast and not in local TDT/SAT? Have i to turn off any of them for this?

Thnak you again

Excuse me again. I finally can see the server with Autodetect in the client, but if i choose a encrypted channel i see black screen and i don´t know why. Perhaps because i still have wrong server or client setup (interfaces or IP values) or perhaps because I am in fact seeing it in local SAT and not through Unicast or perhaps due to another problem?

Well on the server has the dvb-device in the server hardware settings the HasCi ticked?

And you need to do the same for the unicast device on the Client in the Hardware settings of the DVBViewer.

And remember any inputrequest from the CAM on the server is forbidden, so you have to deactivate any age restrictions on the CAM. For now there is no way for MMI request being routed to the client(s).

Excuse me, but I don´t understand your final sentence: "And remember any inputrequest from the CAM on the server is forbidden, so you have to deactivate any age restrictions on the CAM. For now there is no way for MMI request being routed to the client(s). "

Please, can you explain me in more detail? what are age restrictions? does it mean that i cannot see an encrypted channel on the server if i want to see channels in the clients? what are MMI request?

When i arrive home i am going to check what you say about CI ticked, but I am almost sure that I had it ticked in sat and unicast devices in server and client.

The fact is that i see black screen. Perhaps because i still have wrong server or client setup (interfaces or IP values) or perhaps because I am in fact seeing it in local SAT and not through Unicast or perhaps due to another problem?

Thank you.

For age restrictions and similar inputrequest from the CAM please see the manual of the CAM.

because i still have wrong server or client setup (interfaces or IP values) or perhaps because I am in fact seeing it in local SAT and not through Unicast or perhaps due to another problem?

Do you receive anything via the unicast DVB-Device? disable all local hardware in the hardwaresettings of the DVBViewer and test it.

Thank you.

About "For age restrictions and similar inputrequest from the CAM please see the manual of the CAM", i use [removed] smart card lector and a spanish official grey card. Age restrictions are channels protected by password for childrens not to see them? Inputrequest are actions that the CAM or the card answer and requires and action from the user (introduce a code or password, push OK for seeing it like in PPV channels)?

If so, i understand that it is no possible to see in a pc by net streaming a PPV channel or a code-protected channel, is it?

About "Do you receive anything via the unicast DVB-Device? disable all local hardware in the hardwaresettings of the DVBViewer and test it. ": I am going to test it, because when i did the test yesterdary, i had TDT, SAT and Unicast devices activated in hardware settings. As you say, if I deactivated all of them except Unicast, I am sure that what I see, if I see something, is from Unicast. But in a normal situation, do you have to deactivate local TDT and local SAT or there is another way to control which signal source (local TDT, local SAT, Unicast) do you use?

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

Finally whith the configuration of the above posts I can receive via unicast DVB-Device but I have to select as device in hardware settings Unicast for server and for clients pc. If I do not select unicast on server pc, I don´t see anything. Is that OK or I have to see it selecting Unicast device only in clients pc?

The problem is that I can only see free channels, but if I select an encrypted one I cannot see it (black screen)

In pc-server I have [removed] and spanish D+ grey card. In pc-server i can see encrypted channels without problems.

I have to see the encrypted channels in client pcs without problems, isn´t it? What could be the problem? Please, if somebody has DVBViewer netstreaming working right (above all if it is with d+ spanish grey card), please, help me!!! I am a little bit hopeless.

Thank you.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

Please, nobody has DVBViewer netstreaming working right (above all if it is with d+ spanish grey card) and can help me? I am a little bit hopeless.

I made these questions to DVBViewer developer by e-mail, but he said to me that I have to put the questions in the forum. I have put the questions in the forum but, except two or three partial answers (thank you a lot to these persons), nobody answer me.

If you see this and can help me, please, do it.

1.- What are the right values for netstreaming options settings (my pc-server has IP direction 192.168.0.20 and my pc-client 192.168.0.22. I am trying to do cardsharing into my LAN)?

DVBServer v3.9.4.0

Settings-> Network -> Streamtype:Unicast

Control Server: Interface 0.0.0.0

Unicast: Interface 192.168.0.20

If, as somebody told me, Unicast:Interface is IP pc-server, What is Control Server:Interface (IP pc-client, IP pc-sever, ...)?

Client

DVB Server:

DVB Unicast:

IP:192.168.0.20 (IP Pc with DVB Server Pro started)

With Autodetect IP fields are completed by the programm. So there are right. But, what is the Interface one for (IP pc-client, IP pc-sever, ...)?

2.-Which device must be selected in Options -> Hardware for pc-client and pc-server? In guide it said Unicast device as Main or Favourite (Principal in spanish) for pc-cliente and nothing for pc-server. But if I want to see streaming channels on pc-client I have to select Unicast device as Main or Favourite (Principal in spanish) for pc-server too. Is it right, indiferent or wrong?

3.-A encrypted channel that I can see OK in server (with one or another plugin, phoenix on COM1 and smart card), must be saw OK in client?. On pc-client I can see normal channels by streaming but with encrypted channels i see black-screen.

Is there anybody seeing encrypted channel by DVBViewer streaming (I mean with the official samrt card and the encrypted channel you have paid for, of course)? Please, how?

Edited by ii141c
  • 2 weeks later...

I have made these questions directly to DVBViewer developer and he has said me that "I dont have the time to explain everything again and

again." "Keep in mind I get more than 100 emails with nagging stupid questions and I can not explain everything." "Please use your brain! " "Use the forum for this and try to use the search function."

But I use the forum and the message has a lot of visitors, but only a few of answers and the problem is not solved. Is the question so stupid that it is a waste of time to answer it? Or nobody uses netstreaming in DVBViewer? Or nobody has clear how to use it?

I only can say that the DVBViewer user guide is not clear in this point (it is from a previous version that last one, so the field names and images are not right and there is only a brief and incomplete explanation about fields, if there are) and that almost nobody answer me in the forum. Perhaps because people ask for help but people does not help or perhaps because I am the only fool all over the world that have this problem or perhaps because nobody has clear how to manage netstreaming.

Thank you

I hope i can help you

I have dvbserver with 3 clients i can see the encrypted channel on the 3 clients

but my english is very poor and can't write this in english

do you understand french ?

Thank you factor.

I am spanish and my french is very poor, but if you want to, you can help me in french and i find anybody who can translate it into spanish.

Thank you. I wait for your help.

[removed]

§ 13

[removed]

§ 13

• 7 months later...
I hope i can help you

I have dvbserver with 3 clients i can see the encrypted channel on the 3 clients

but my english is very poor and can't write this in english

do you understand french ?

Bonjour factor,

J'ai lu que tu as une install dvbserver avec 3 clients. Pourrais tu m'éclairer sur quelques questions :

- est ce que dvbserver permet de visualiser des chaines différentes sur chaque client DVBViewer

- est ce limité aux chaines d'un même transpondeur?

- faut il configurer en multicast?

merci d'avance pour ta réponse

Zen