Music playback visualisation for MP3 tag info

Is there no visualisation plugin for music playback in DVBV? I don't want anything fancy, just display cover art and artist, album and track during playback, using the MP3 tag info.

I poked around a bit and apparently there used to be a plugin called Sonique but that seems to have disappeared.

a plugin called Sonique but that seems to have disappeared

Not exactly "disappeared"...

The problem is that the DVBViewer Visualization plugin was made some years ago (here is the announce page) when Sonic was a promising MediaPlayer with a lot of innovative audio visualizations... but Sonic is "apparently dead" some year ago (here the Wikipedia page about it), and all the visualization plugins are disappeared from the net with the Sonic site...

But if you look in "Settings / Options... / Visualization" the config page is still there, and if you active it I think you can see at least the "Punkie 1.7" plugin.

Anyway, AFAIK the visualization plugins can only display fancy graphics; if you want see the content of the MP3tags (with, if you had organizated it, the relative coverart) you can symply press "enter" or the "OSD-OK" key on you remote while the music is going on...

:blink:

Hi Gioxy

Thanks for the info.

I figured even if Sonique had disappeared, I ought to be able to find the visualizations somewhere - but if none of them can display the track info anyway, I'll give up searching.

I'll try the way you suggested of showing the tag info later.

So the default when playing music is a blank screen? Just checking, it seems so odd.

Edited by Araj
So the default when playing music is a blank screen?

Not blank, but black screen... ;)

But if you'd prefer you can strip the display (checking "Settings / Options... / TV + Radio / Hide Ddisplay in Radio Mode") and apply some skin (not a OSD-skin! Look in "Settings / Options... / Appearance") and you can have displayed at least the "Artist - Title" info, like that:

post-485-1213611591_thumb.png

Switch from the stripped display (for radio-MP3-webradio) to the normal display (TV-DVD-Video) and the reverse is totally automatic...

The image refers to the "default" skin but there where some other nice skin in the Members area; unfortunately the info displayed from the MP3 tag info are only the two mentioned above (at least AFAIK)...

;)