Could not find B2C2 Filter

agassis

Will some one plzzz help me.

(w00t):o:(:(

I have looked in many forums, without any solution. I have got a Skystar 2 tv usb box (should be the same as pci card) and I cant get it to work.

I have installet the driver that I got with the usb box.

Any time a use the tv4pc the result is black screen (usualy with "Cannot play this program")

When I use DVBViewer then I get this message: Cannot locate B2C2 mpeg2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error: 91000101.

The card should not be EOL locked, because I have never used EOL.

I have looked here in this forum, but I cant find any solution. The are some topic about this but they are in German. Will someone plzzzzzzz help me in english. Maybe tell me step by step what to do????

I have loked in troubleshooting chapter, without any luck. I have tried all the stof in troubleshooting chapter, but still the same problem.

In troubleshooting chapter there is a freeLNB-toll, can any one tell me how to use that???

I have read the manual 2-3 times and I have also tried the part Griga linked to (I just did not find out how to use the freeLNB-tool, with was linked in the part Griga linked to). I have tried to instal and uninstal many times. I have also tried the 4.28 driver without luck.

My computer is a medion md 5400 (aldi laptop)

Pentium®4 2.53GHz processor with 512K second level cache

Outstanding graphics NVIDIA GEFORCE4 440GO AGP 4X With TV out

40GB HITACHI hard disk drive

256MB SIEMENS DDR RAM

4 x USB 2.0 Universal Serial Bus

Firewall IEEE 1394 Digital Connection

10/100 Mbit fast-ethernet LAN - internal 56K modem

Í could not finde the "Setup.ini" file. But there was a file only named "Setup" with I have attacht.

Plzzzz help. I almost cant slep any more because of this problem.

I´m danish, so my english is not perfekt <_<:P:wacko:

Setup.ini

I´m danish, so my english is not perfekt   
I'm german and my english is not perfect too
have read the manual 2-3 times
But not the how to post an error from my link
I have also tried the 4.28 driver without luck.
Again : On which thing you see that your installation ist bad (hardware error, network error, TV4PC error, DVBViewer error, IRQ conflict, USB1.0 problem, USB 2.0 Problem, no signal, bad signal, installation cant find SS2 ..........) Have you tested the cable with an other digital reciver? Which MPG2 Codecs you have installed? WE are not clairvoyant !!!

The setup.ini of the DVBViewer you can find in the DVBViewer directory.

Which version of the DVBViewer you are using?

I almost cant slep any more because of this problem.
You have a good danish stuff??? <_<

If You want help you have to give us the needed information!

Steffen

Ok. I try one more time and wit more informations.

My computer is a medion md 5400 (aldi laptop)

Pentium®4 2.53GHz processor with 512K second level cache

Outstanding graphics NVIDIA GEFORCE4 440GO AGP 4X With TV out

40GB HITACHI hard disk drive

256MB SIEMENS DDR RAM

4 x USB 2.0 Universal Serial Bus

Firewall IEEE 1394 Digital Connection

10/100 Mbit fast-ethernet LAN - internal 56K modem

I have just today uninstall hole the computer and installed it again, and also updated it, witout any luck.

I have also installed the Elecard MPEG2 Decoder package 2.0, still witout any luck.

I have tried technisat v. 4.22 and 4.28. Now I am using v. 4.2.2.

I have tested the cable with an other digital reciver, and the cable is ok and so are the LNB (its a twin LNB)?

The signal is ok (about 70%). When I start setup4pc and go into "status" I can below "Transponder information" se that the signal is about 70%, but in network there I can read "No Informaiton"

The setup.ini is in the attachment

Klausing: I have read you´r link about how to post a error, but I´m new at this computer stuff, and therfor not sure with information is neded

If there is any more information that is neded then let me know. <_<:P:wacko:^_^

Tony

Setup.ini

Just some more information.

I´m trying to get hotbird (13E) and I dont use diseqc.

The Elecard MPEG2 Decoder package 2.0 is just installed today, and i dont know with MPEG2 Codec the system are using (I dont know how to find that out).

When I install the SS2 then the computer recognize it as a network card. I alredy have a network card in my computer and my computer is not bound in any network.

Plase guide me step by step

Bedst regards

Tony

@ Griga, Oliver & Klausing... Am I wrong, or this is another Technisat driver's "dirty work"? <_<

@ agassis:

The Elecard MPEG2 Decoder package 2.0 is just installed today, and i dont know with MPEG2 Codec the system are using (I dont know how to find that out).

MPEG2 Codec are also used to decode DVD... for what I can see on Internet it may be one on your PC... so, have you installed some software to play DVD? ...and what? ...and what version of DirectX? ...and what ver. of MediaPlayer?

...= the software installed in your PC is, by far, the most important part of it!

So tell us about it...

When I install the SS2 then the computer recognize it as a network card. I alredy have a network card in my computer and my computer is not bound in any network.

That's correct...

The signal is ok (about 70%).

That's is a good news! ...and tell us that you are likely near the solution...

Cheers

Gioxy

I have power dvd versíon 4.0 to watch dvd and I can also use the mediaplayer to watch dvd.

I have updatet to mediaplayer vision 9. But when I install the technisat-software it recognize only version 6.4, but it dont come with a error about the mediaplayer.

I have downloaded directx vision 9b from microsoft (I think I before had version 8). How can I see wich directx vision my computer are using???

I have just today (ones again) uninstalled the hole computer and installed it again. So if there is a "special way" the technisat software have to be installed then let me know, for I have not yet installed the technisat software after having uninstalled the hole computer.

A few sugestion. Maybe some is usefull for you. When I installed mine 2 month ago, I started first with only the TechniSat software and used that to get the first picture. To install also the TV4PC program you must do one change in the setup.ini file, I think I changed: "InstallTvApp=TRUE" I changed this to true. I used the latest version on there www site. Use then Setup4PC prog and Transponder Status to verify signal quality. When that i ok select the correct satelitt and do a scan.

rgds

Please make a channelscan in TV4PC and DVBViewer!!!

The 70% signal comes not from the tvstation! Maybe xou cant recive every station because something on your hardware (outside) is wrong. This we will see if you make a channelscan and let us know which channels you can recive.

I dont know, but ist the driver for the USB-version the same like for the PCI Version?

As the 4.2.2 version was created the USB Version never exist and maybe this is your problem. I think you must use 4.28 version.

But

I have just made a channelscan in TV4PC and DVBViewer and It did not find any channel at all.

I think the driver is the same for USB and PCI. The 4.2.2 version was send with the usb-box but I´m now using the 4.2.8 version.

Let's check your installation... are the following files present?

- SkyDLL.dll in Windows\System32

- Sky2PCAVSrc.ax in TechniSat DVB\bin

- DVD Express AV Decoder.DLL in Windows\System32

If yes, download the RadLight Filter Manger from here. Launch it, open the DirectShow Filters section of the treeview and check wether the following entries can be found:

- B2C2 MPEG-2 Source

- DVD Express Video Decoder

Griga

Guest DAvenger
Let's check your installation... are the following files present?

- SkyDLL.dll in Windows\System32

If yes, download the RadLight Filter Manger from here. Launch it, open the DirectShow Filters section of the treeview and check wether the following entries can be found:

B2C2 MPEG-2 Source

DVD Express Video Decoder

Griga

I also suspect one of these is missing <_< Perhaps, he's running a non admin rights account and one of those filters couldn't be registered properly? :P

Hmm, its realy crazy.

installation ok, no hardwareconflikt, right diseqc settings and no channels.....

I'm on the end of my knowledge... :P<_<

Sorry

Steffen

Ok I have just tried as Griga told me. But because Im at work, so I have tried it without the usb-card on.

I found

- SkyDLL.dll in Windows\System32 (I also found a sky2PCUI.dll in windows- system32)

Then I download the RadLight Filter Manger. I Launch it, opend the DirectShow Filters section of the treeview and check it out and I found:

- B2C2 MPEG-2 Source

- DVD Express Video Decoder

What to do now??? <_<:P:wacko:^_^:D

Guest DAvenger

Is it possible for you to test it on some different PC? Just install the drivers, DVBViewer and plug the SS2 in and see what happens ... other than that, I really don't know :S

Hey Agassis! You are not alone!

I have the same problem, too. Till now your definitions of the problem are completely the same with my problem.

In oliver web page, there was a notification that Norton anti virus may cause the problem. I had already Norton installed on my PC. And whenever windows started, my computer halted(paused) about for a minute. Then i uninstalled norton. I saw that signal ratio increased! Can it still be problem?

However, i read all the steps in this forum about the "Could not find B2C2 Filter, Could not find B2C2 Filter" problem. I tried everything you all told. The result is the same.

I will remark something different here! Whenver i launch DVBViewer "it says "Winlirc failed to initialize. Would you like to change the configiration and try again" I try to change the configiration but i dont know the valid or right values. I cancel that winlirc window and then there comes our well-known notification "Could not find B2C2 Filter, Could not find B2C2 Filter". I can see the name of the channel and signal ratio (between %55 and %89). Can winlirc be a problem?

On the other hand, when i first set up the satellites, i watched Vox channel at TV4PC.(i did't have DVBViewer at that time). Then But then i could never watch any channel.

Well, i hope we will be able to work out the problem, I hopw you will help! Whenever i want to watch tv, i go to living room.

Kisses from Turkey <_<

I will remark something different here! Whenver i launch DVBViewer "it says "Winlirc failed to initialize. Would you like to change the configiration and try again" I try to change the configiration but i dont know the valid or right values.

Either disable the use of WinLIRC in the options dialogue or edit your setup.ini in the following way: You must set "WinLIRC=0".

Bye, Oliver

I disabled winlirc but it still says Could not find B2C2 Filter. Also i asked winlirc can ca a problem in that? Now i see, i has no effect on this problem

Thanks for you interest

Prince

Every WinXP have a own Firewall ! So if you have XP you have a firewall which could be activated and block the ss2.

Try the WinXP helpfile for searching. I have only w2k and cant help you.

Steffen

I wil try it when a come home to night about 8-9 pm. Right now it looks like the firwall only is aktivatet on my internet konnenction and deaktivitet on the rest of the network cards.

Then I go home then I will try to connekt the usb-card and se if the firwall is aktivetet on it. And I will also try to deaktivete it on the internet at se how it work.

I will be back at 9 pm when I have tried with the firwall

I can't solve the problem, i cant watch Tv on my computer, there is nobody showing how to work out the problem. Initially, i thoguht i would be able to solve the problem but i cant. I dont know what to do. I think all possible discriptions were made so for but still "Could not find B2C2 Filter". I dont think cable is broken as i can see the signal ratio. I dont think device clashes in my computer because when i first set up dishes and installed the software (it even was TV4PC) i could watch for a while but i can't watch anything now. I dont think it was locked because i never used any other software!

I am sorry! I tried everthing so far, I dont know if i should be happy or sorry because of buying this product.

I sm sorry if i disturbed you!

Prince

Guest hackbart

Could not Find B2C2 Filter is easy. This one appears if the Dataapplication is not installed properly..

You should take a look on the driver cd which comes with the usb box and install the software too..

@agassis: i'm really not sure why, but you might take a look into the status display of the server4pc tool. If the error rates are raising then you might have a dejustated dish..

Christian

ok! I uninstalled the newest version of technisat 4.2.8 then, tried to install driver which came with the PCI card CD. I installed the driver which came with skystar2tv PCI car. There was no problem, it was installed perfectly, it said! But when i try to install the software (which came with PCI card cd) it said it needs to restart windows. So i restarted Windows, then install began again automatically. However, it said "you must install driver first in order to install software". Then when i looked at device manger, it says windows have problem in initalizing this device. (as i said i installed it perfectly but when i try to install the software it doesnt see the driver)

However, when i try to install the newest version of Techisat 4.2.8, there is no problem. It installs driver and then software perfecly but "Could not Find B2C2 Filter". (i hope you understood all what i said)

Believe me nobody can want to work out this problem more than i do. I must study but i give nearly lots of my time to solve this problem. It makes me crazy.

Prince! <_<

it says windows have problem in initalizing this device
Thts your problem !!! Have you an IRQ conflict? Try an other slot. After deinstallation you must make a reboot and then you can install the other drivers !!! Because windows have an driver cash and this cah would deleted during a rebboot.

following:

-uninstall all SS2 drivers

-shutdown the pc and put the card in an ohter slot

-reinstall the 4.22er driver or the 4.28er driver with tv4pc (modifying setup.ini)

then we will see.

Steffen

Cristian, how can I look into the status display of the server4pc tool. When I dobbelclik on server4pc nothing opens up.

Server4pc is that not the gren or red buton on the toolpanel???

You can find it in your windows menu ..... start --> programms .... -> TechniSat DVB --> server4PC

Ithink christian mean setup4pc --> status

Steffen