Could not find B2C2 Filter

agassis

It didnt work. I changed the PCI slot, but nothing happened that is different from what i said in my last message. :idiot: I think i can't wait anything desperately. This is the first time that i bought a digital Tv card and you see my situation. That makes me fury and crazy. This is tragedy, and there is nothing i can do except being repented.

Till now i explained everything (plus what Agasis said). I think i will get rid of this device.

Dont you have any distrubutor or services in Turkey who can send it back to you!

Prince

Hmmm, maybe the hardware is defekt? We had such a problem in the past with the SS2 but its verry rare !

who can send it back to you!
thats a TechniSat Problem. Normaly we only support the DVBViewer and not the hardware an his installation its only a voluntary part of our work...

Steffen

i think it cant be so hard to understand people's emotional situations and feelings. Just tell me what would you do if you were me!

When it comes to show off or say something to push others bad situation is very easy for others.

Ok, then if you doing it voluntarily, make others know my situation!

Prince

i would test it on an other pc and if there is the same problem i would exchange it by the vendor.

I think i can understand your feelings, offen i had the same problem at work and my boss want a solution......

Steffen

Steffen,

I know where to find the server4pc, what I ment was that when U dobbelklik on the server4pc, then no new window oppens.

If Cristian meant setup4tv, then I better understand.

I have taken some printscreen of my setup4tv>status at put them in a word dokument, so U ppl could se them, byt when I but them in File Attachments and try to send the message, then I get the message that I cant send this kind of files. What to do???

Hmmm Word documents are problematic and could have include some virus..... Thats the reason why i open only this documents from People which i know. Or youuse the PDFCreator. It works like a printer and you can use it from every program and this time there exist no known virus for PDF.

But you can make a photo collage (in the graphic programm which you like) and Post it as GIF (as attachement)

Steffen

Pls Listen!

I dont have a hardware problem! Like i said earlier when i first set up the dishes i could watch on for a while, but then i could not watch.

I never used any other software but can it be locked?

Hackbart said it may be becasue of defective data application of the driver but i tried everything, driver which comes with PCI card is installed but when i install software 4.2.2 there becomes driver problem. It says driver is not installed.

After installing driver, software 4.2.8 is installed perfectly but then this problem arouses.

Do you think it was locked?

There remianed no strenght but fear and fury

Prince!

@agassis

you have to RIGHT-CLICK on Setup4PC icon on the task-bar... then, on the menu that appear you have to choose "Setup4PC" again, and, on the windows that appear, the "Status" button (or whatever is named in your language...): you have to see a "Transponder status" window, in wich there are the measure of the reception error, that Christian mentioned...

Also, try to find a file named "DVBViewer.log" in the root directory of your PC and attach it in the forum, it may be useful for who understand it...

bye

Gioxy

Now I have tried to get the SS2 to get work in 2 weeks. I think I have used over 100 ahours on it witout anu luck. I´m going to return the s---.

What sould I know get to the usb. Should I try with another SS2 usb, Nova usb or any others???

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

I'm new here, I'm owner of a "SkyStar 2 TV", perfectly running till... 3 weeks ago: suddenly I'm unable to watch some free channels I was used to see and still can see others.

Just read this entire forum of my same problem with NO solution. Many things I've tryed too...

...installed O.S. from scratch and the drivers 4.2.8, no antivirus installed, nor firewall and only DVBViewer installed, tryed DX8 and DX9, scanned channels and frequency and checked parameters with Satcodx...

Signal received is OK but the same 91000101 message appear ONLY, for example, with RAI1, RAI2, RAI3 but I can see other italian national channels, for example RAI Med in the same transponder.

I'm sorry I can't try with old 4.2.2 package viewer (that ran mediaplayer instead DVBViewer)...

bye

Hi Charlie,

the RAQI1, RAI2 and RAI3 pid's setting have totally changed just some day ago... are you sure you have clicked on a fresh scanned "RAI1"... channel and not on the old "RAI 1"... one? (w00t)

Cheers

Gioxy

Hi Gioxy!

Yessssss! I made a fresh scan, now it's all OK! It was the old parameters and the old Satcodx I checked, so it couldn't work!

Thanks very much and sorry if I wasted your time.

charlie

Greets from Bulgaria!

I got the same problem as described in the forum. My DVB card was from the first Sky2PC, disctrubuted from EON some years ago. It worked perfectly under WinME with the old software, using Windows Media Plr, the old style edition. Of course, I'm not a newbee and know at least how to register the filters, done everything as described in the help section of DVBViewer. I wonder what could be wrong??! Also checked if the DLLs are on their places - positive. So, in two words - the filters are registered, the signal is 70%(impossible to cause the error), no signal noise, I use a Sirius 2 test channel to tune, the PCI card has no hardware malfunction since it worked under WinMe&old Media Plr. The current config is WinXP Professional(all updates installed), Media Plr 9, DirectX 9, playing fine DVDs, installed some codepacks like Nimo before. Any suggestions?

By the way I just checked the BSPlayer Option section and did not find any MPEG2 Video/Audio Decoders under the DVB broadcast client section. As I told you before there's B2C2 MPEG-2 Source appearing in the Radlight Filter Manager as well as all other filters...

Yeah, I think so but I got a total control of all the codecs, believe me. I mean I think that I know what I do:) Anyway, I noticed DVBViewer plays some radio channels (extremely bad quality, it sounds just like when yuo got a terrible signal but the signal is over 50% I can see it) and won't play the others with an error message 'Could not find B2C2 Filter... interface blah-blah'. It also doesn't want to play any video channel and quits with the same message, but I can see it quits immediately after tunning to the frequence, just before to show the picture, i.e. starting to decode the stream. I wonder if the problem could be something in WM Player, cause it's the 9th version, I remember clearly I had no problems using old versions. I reject the reason that the signal is not the perfect one, cause I test the reception over my PentaVision and can play every video or audio chan over the same transponders without any problem or scrambled sound or picture. The only reason I have on mind is that I use a PIII 500, on the other hand I got also ATI AIW Radeon 9700(powerfull enough) and 1GB of memory on board. Is there any way to dump more info on the errors or track any more information what's going on?

P.S.: Can you provide us with a link to download some MPEG-2 encoded data to see if it will open sucessfully using your viewer? It would be a great way to eliminate the missing filters as a reason for the message to appear. Thanks in advance!

Anyway, I noticed DVBViewer plays some radio channels (extremely bad quality, it sounds just like when yuo got a terrible signal but the signal is over 50% I can see it)

Since it is DVB, the quality is totally independant of the DVBViewer or the SkyStar2.

I wonder if the problem could be something in WM Player, cause it's the 9th version, I remember clearly I had no problems using old versions.

Well, using the 4.22 driver you need to install a patch from TechniSat when installing WMP9.

Is there any way to dump more info on the errors or track any more information what's going on?

You could post your setup.ini as advised and the DVBViewer.log (only full version). You can also post a screenshot from GraphEdit.

Can you provide us with a link to download some MPEG-2 encoded data to see if it will open sucessfully using your viewer?

The DVBViewer uses the Windows DirectX subsystem for media playback, just like most other players (WMP, BSPlayer, Zoomplayer, Radlight...). Whatever is working with those, will work with the DVBViewer. There is no proprietary filter.

Bye, Oliver

Since it is DVB, the quality is totally independant of the DVBViewer or the SkyStar2.

Sure, but I told you when I use PentaVision card to listen to the stream it's just crystal clear. When I try Skystar2 it sounds scrambled. So it should be something with the decoding!

Well, using the 4.22 driver you need to install a patch from TechniSat when installing WMP9.

Of course I applyed the patch. My WMP is also upto date, I mean it has several patches from Microsoft.

You could post your setup.ini as advised and the DVBViewer.log (only full version). You can also post a screenshot from GraphEdit.

I send you my setup.ini, but I'm a great sceptic and don't think it'll help you anyway. Unoftunately, I got only DVBViewer that comes with the Technisat soft, so I can't use a log file. Damn, I wanna just see it's wokring before go&pay for it!

The DVBViewer uses the Windows DirectX subsystem for media playback, just like most other players (WMP, BSPlayer, Zoomplayer, Radlight...). Whatever is working with those, will work with the DVBViewer. There is no proprietary filter.

I mean is there any way to test only B2C2 filters installed, to make it use the 'interface'. It's clear that when you play MPEG-2 encoded shit, it'll use another registered MPEG-2 filter to decode.

Sorry, but I just wonder how to get rid of all this mess:)

Setup.ini

When I try Skystar2 it sounds scrambled. So it should be something with the decoding!

I think so... probably all the installed codec packs are doing something that is *not* under your control. Unfortunately there are only few possibilties to control the filter graph with the TE version (only by unregistering filters). However, with the DVBViewer full version you can do almost everything (e.g. connect to remote graph with GraphEdit).

The B2C2 filter doesn't decode any MPEG2/MP2 stuff - it's just a DVB source filter that creates MPEG2 elementary streams out of the DVB transport stream. The decoding happens somewhere downstream in the graph.

Griga

• 1 month later...

agassis, any news? have you solved the prob and if the answer is yes, HOW?

If not, try this - http://www.DVBViewer.com/~oliver/Installat...l#Installation1

"At first you must install the TechniSat driver for your SkyStar 2. Go to the hardware manager and double-click the entry for the SkyStar 2 (network device). Now select “new driver” and point to your driver CD.

After that install the complete TechniSat software bundled with the card. With the new driver 4.28 (compatible with Windows 2003 Server, no more problems with the EOL lock) TV4PC is not installed by default. Only if you want to use it (there's no need for) you'll have to edit the setup.ini in the directory where you unpacked the driver package (sub folder „install“) in the following way:

Change „InstallTvApp=FALSE“ to „InstallTvApp=TRUE“.

Now you may start the installation of the DVBViewer by executing the setup.exe. Beforehand you should

terminate all running programs, especially the DVBViewer and

ensure you are logged in as administrator under Windows 2000/XP.

For updating it is not necessary to uninstall the DVBViewer first, since you can easily install over the old version. All settings and the chan­nel list (optionally) are preserved."The DVBViewer TE is bundled with the Mediamatics (DVDExpress) MPEG2 decoder. Its installation routine is contained in the DVBViewer's setup.exe file. Attention: When upgrading to the full version of the DVBViewer you should not uninstall the TechniSat Edition since the MPEG2 decoder will also be uninstalled. That means you should install the full version to another folder. You can have both versions on your disk.

• 1 year later...

"Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter .... 0x91000101"

After all I've read:

1. I installed normally de software

2. I found no DVDExpress software and, therefore I do not have:

- DVD Express AV Decoder.DLL in Windows\System32 (FILE)

- DVD Express Video Decoder (RadLight entry)

I sure am missing something here? What could that be?

geo

---------------------------

Arbait, http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...6&hl=B2C2&st=60

The DVBViewer TE is bundled with the Mediamatics (DVDExpress) MPEG2 decoder. Its installation routine is contained in the DVBViewer's setup.exe file. Attention: When upgrading to the full version of the DVBViewer you should not uninstall the TechniSat Edition since the MPEG2 decoder will also be uninstalled. That means you should install the full version to another folder. You can have both versions on your disk.

Ok I have just tried as Griga told me. But because Im at work, so I have tried it without the usb-card on.

I found

- SkyDLL.dll in Windows\System32 (I also found a sky2PCUI.dll in windows- system32)

- Sky2PCAVSrc.ax in TechniSat DVB\bin

- DVD Express AV Decoder.DLL in Windows\System32

Then I download the RadLight Filter Manger. I Launch it, opend the DirectShow Filters section of the treeview and check it out and I found:

- B2C2 MPEG-2 Source

- DVD Express Video Decoder

What to do now??? ;););):bye::bye:

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm writtting from Portugal and i have the same problem.

I can see some channel's.

The others channel appear a message box with: Cannot locate B2C2 MPEG2 Filter Audio/Video Ctrl. Interface, error 0x91000101 ( Unknown error code )

can anynone help me, please

thanks

best regards