DVBSBridge for DVBViewer

oberon_dvbsbridge

Goodday!

Just want to let you know that we (DVBLogic development team) have released today for public beta DVBSBridge plugin for DVBViewer.

This DVBSBridge product combines ease of use of Windows MCE with the versatility and reliability of DVBViewer. DVBSBridge seamlessly integrates satellite (DVB-S) and cable (DVB-C) TV sources into Media Center, including support for MPEG-2 HD video and multichannel audio. DVBSBridge enables all native TV control features of MCE for these sources such as Guide listings, live TV watching, pausing live TV, one touch and timer recordings.

We welcome everyone who would like to participate in the testing.

The plugin can be downloaded from the correspondent forum topic on www.dvblogic.com

Regards,

DVBLogic development team

P.S. We would like also to express our appreciation to the admins and technotes of this forum for their support during DVBSBridge plugin development.

Hi,

I would really like to try that, just out of curiosity, I am still no fan of MCE/VMC... but how can one participate in this test?

What were your results of the tests and what is your opinion when you compare it to other streaming sources?

What's possible yet and what is not compared to the others? Do you have some more plans for the DVBViewer streaming source?

Edited by CiNcH

It is very easy to try - just download it from our site, install it and enjoy :) The beta version has expiration period of two months within which we will either release it or make another beta version.

From my own experience DVBViewer is easier to work with then MyTheatre and ProgDVB. Its interface is more straight forward and better documented. Also the support at this forum is good.

From the negatives, I still could not find the way to disable audio/video reliably. For our application we need audio/video rendering of DVBViewer disabled all the time, but current DVBViewer mechanisms disable rendering only until the channel change. As soon as channel is changed, the disabling has to be re-applied again. As a result it produces short sounds on the channel switch, which is annoying. Another side-effect of such disabling mechanism is that if a/v is disabled just before it starts, then DVBViewer automatically re-enables rendering :)

To cut the long story short I am still searching for a good and reliable way to disable the a/v rendering.

• 1 year later...

Is there any way to get DVBSBridge to interface with the DVBViewer Recording Service (either locally or on a separate networked server PC)?

If you could get DVBSBridge to act as a DVBViewer Unicast client (directly), that would be cool, but I suspect that you need DVBViewer itself in the middle?

Edited by CX23882-19
  • 10 months later...