Canal Digital Nordic (Thor 0.8W) - HD channels pixelating

olik

Hi,

while Premiere HD, BBC/ITV HD and ORF1 HD work fine (all DVB-S2), I have problems with the Canal Digital Nordic HD channels...

Eurosport and Kanal 5 work fine (both DVB-S1), but History Channel, Nat Geo etc. (all DVB-S2) all are 90% green and just have some small stripes with colour. They pixelate very much, but you can see that the channel is decrypted and that "something" is definetely moving. I have an original viewing card for it.

I tried approximately 1000 codecs but I can not get it to work...

Thanks for your help!

A screenshot from Nat Geo HD:post-57456-1213970127_thumb.jpg

Please help me fix this problem...

GPU is NVIDIA 8800 Ultra, codec used in the screenshot is CoreAVC. NVIDIA Pure Video codecs like PowerDVD 8 just stay black, I do not even get pixelating there.

Thanks!

Check transponder file (think it's 3592.ini or 3590.ini)

Transponder 11341 should look like:

9=11341,V,25000,23,142,1,|added 02 Jan 2008 DVB-S2

This is for History Channel HD.

National Geo HD should be same except transponder is 11434.

I have the same problem with new norwegian TV2 Sport HD 1 and 2.

I'm not sure why it pixelate with lots of green. Its on transponder 12015.

I have this settings in my ini file:

17=12015,H,30000,34,142,1,|

Discovery, NG and History HD is all fine, but not the new TV2 Sport HD.

Check transponder file (think it's 3592.ini or 3590.ini)

Transponder 11341 should look like:

9=11341,V,25000,23,142,1,|added 02 Jan 2008 DVB-S2

This is for History Channel HD.

National Geo HD should be same except transponder is 11434.

I have the same problem with new norwegian TV2 Sport HD 1 and 2.

I'm not sure why it pixelate with lots of green. Its on transponder 12015.

I have this settings in my ini file:

17=12015,H,30000,34,142,1,|

Discovery, NG and History HD is all fine, but not the new TV2 Sport HD.

I have exactly the same 3592.ini... I think I would not be getting anything if I had another file...

Can you tell me EXACTLY which codes you are using and which setting you have in the DirectX Tab in the Settings please? Screenshot would be the best... Which codecs, which NVDIA VMR settings etc...

Concerning your problem: I heard that unchecking "Open whole transponder" in the Hardware settings would fix this. That is why I am trying at the PC - My receiver gets all channels but those two and I heard that those two would work with DVBViewer. But, as you can see, I am not even getting the other channels.

Thanks!

It seems, that caused by the high symbol/data rates rates used, not all DVBS2 tuner / conax cam configurations provide positive results. Technotrend tuners (3200 and 3650 USB) don't work at all for me. The Twinhan (Technisat/Terratec) DBVS2 tuner card and the FiredtV S2 firewire box seem to work correct with an original CONAX cam. Emulators (if there are any), are possibly to slow for some of these channels.

I can only confirm what Torstein wrote, the "standard" HD channels on Thor 5 are working fine except for TV 2 HD Sport. I'm currently using CoreAVC since I found this coded performing better than the CyberLink H.264/AVC Video Decoder.

I'm using the Nvidia GeForce 8500GT graphics adapter with 512 MB, Hauppauge HVR-4000 TV-Card, WinTV-CI-USB with Conax CAM and Windows XP Pro. I have also installed Vista Home Premium on the same HTPC, but until now I haven't succeded to get the WinTV-CI-USB to work together with DVBViewer.

Regards

DolKbg

post-56211-1214154117_thumb.jpg

Edited by DolKbg
Hi,

while Premiere HD, BBC/ITV HD and ORF1 HD work fine (all DVB-S2), I have problems with the Canal Digital Nordic HD channels...

Eurosport and Kanal 5 work fine (both DVB-S1), but History Channel, Nat Geo etc. (all DVB-S2) all are 90% green and just have some small stripes with colour. They pixelate very much, but you can see that the channel is decrypted and that "something" is definetely moving. I have an original viewing card for it.

I tried approximately 1000 codecs but I can not get it to work...

Thanks for your help!

I have the same difficulty. The Kanal5 HD channel is ok but the channels on 11.434 are pixelated and seriously green. No improvement with the latest Beta and rebuilding graph seems to have set the screen black. CoreAVC seems also to be the only decoder that provides the green screen. Receiver is Technotrend s2-3200. with latest drivers on XP. Seems a shame that now these highly sought after HD channels are available with underworld that they cannot be displayed correctly. Any thoughts anyone?

• 2 months later...

I have what sounds like the same problem with all the 30K Symbol Rate HD Channels on Thor 5. I have nearly 100% green screens apart from some digital noise at the top 10% of the picture. This is now a real pain on Thor 5 as there are now 6 channels with this SR.

I am running fireDTV (FloppyDTV HW Ver.: 01.24.04 , FW Ver.: 1.5.0 Build 22720, Driver : 5.0.1) on Vista 32bit with DVBViewer V3.9.4.40 (beta) and CoreAVC 1.8.0.

I have set the roll-off to be 0.35 for these transponders - does anyone know if that is correct, or if it would have a major effect?

Hello,

I am running fireDTV (FloppyDTV
take a try with the option "open whole Transponder" and tick this off. Then it will work, maybe.

The "open whole Transponder" option is only possible with SkyStar2 and the Fire/FloppyDTV devices. and i had good luck with it as on Thor was a not encrypted Transponder, befor starting the Football-EM

:)

take a try with the option "open whole Transponder" and tick this off. Then it will work, maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it and unfortunately it does not help with teh 30K SR channels.

Is anyone else having problems with Silver HD (12128MHz) on Thor?

After some delay, and sometimes having to rebuild the graph, I can now get TV4 HD and History Chnl HD (which are on the same transponder as Silver HD) using either Core AVC or PDVD8 H264 decoders and "open whole transponder" unticked.

I can't see any reason why I shouldn't also get a picture on Silver HD but I have no success with either the AC3 or MPEG2 variants of this channel.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do have major problems with terratec s2 hd pci + DVBViewer on all the transponders sending at a symbol rate of 30000. These are, as you all know, 12015 and 12130 on Thor. I only get the subtitles but have never ever managed to get any picture. The signal is extremely strong and with regular HD-media I have no problem at all. I have filed a service request at Terratec but they havent answered. The log file mentions "...expected symbol rate <27500. Received 30000" or similar. A very bad sign.

I am most concerned to get into contact with people with a similar setup and needs.

/Fredrik

Is anyone else having problems with Silver HD (12128MHz) on Thor?

After some delay, and sometimes having to rebuild the graph, I can now get TV4 HD and History Chnl HD (which are on the same transponder as Silver HD) using either Core AVC or PDVD8 H264 decoders and "open whole transponder" unticked.

I can't see any reason why I shouldn't also get a picture on Silver HD but I have no success with either the AC3 or MPEG2 variants of this channel.

Edited by CanalDigital Switzerland
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the exact same problem with all channels using 30 000 symbolrate. My TV card is Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI. All channels with a symbol rate of 27 500 works fine.

Yes, i believe so as well. What bothers is me is that a user on another forum reported that it works with 30 000 symbolrate. The only thing I am pretty much sure of is that it haven't got anything to do with DVBViewer.

• 3 months later...

I have same problem with channels using 30 000 symbolrate with Skystar hd.

Does the problem belong unique of skystar hd?

what about other dvbs_2 card (skystar hd 2 vs..)?