Euro 1080 & avermedia DVB-T

johnb

Hi,

I've been playing with DVBViewer & euro 1080 HDTV on my 1.2G Athlon machine (512MB ram). The HDTV program was initially a bit jerky, but I could just about (jerkily) record HD by video & audio display off.

I also have an Avermedia DVB-T card in the same pc. Just as a laugh I tried running it's viewer & DVBViewer simultaneously. It worked really well, but it's very confusing to have two different tv pics and different sounds ;-)

I then read on this forum about using the hollywood+ as a decoder. I've got one in the machine. Yippe I thought.

So I trolled through my registry deleting references to mpeg programs (demos that are no longer installed). This is because I didn't really understand what I'd been reading about filters and the forum says stuff about unregistering all other mpeg decoders. I didn't delete all filters as I didn't want things like the avermedia to stop working. I also made a backup of the registry.

However, next time I fired up DVBViewer to look at HD it's perfect, but I don't seem to be able to record HD or SD. after a few seconds DVBViewer crashes saying something like memory unreferenced.

So I had a little play with graph edit & loaded in SkyAVC.ax just to see what it does. It seems to be using the avermedia dvb-t slicer!

So here's the question, should I be able to use the mpeg decoder in the avermedia dvb-t card like I was planning to use the H+? I could then put the H+ in my 500MHz PIII & move my skystar2 back to it as well.

Just a note chaps. You can do other things with skystar2 cards like recieve very nice weather satellite pictures (the reason it was bought in the first place).

Check out

http://www.eumetsat.de/en/index.html?area=...c=700&d=700&e=0

J.

However, next time I fired up DVBViewer to look at HD it's perfect, but I don't seem to be able to record HD or SD. after a few seconds DVBViewer crashes saying something like memory unreferenced.

That's why I wouldn't be too optimistic...

So I had a little play with graph edit & loaded in SkyAVC.ax just to see what it does. It seems to be using the avermedia dvb-t slicer! So here's the question, should I be able to use the mpeg decoder in the avermedia dvb-t card like I was planning to use the H+?

There are some things that might help:

- Download the RadLight Filter Manager from the Service Center (where you got the DVBViewer from) - a very useful tool for registering/unregistering filters, retrieving their CLSIDs, and so on.

- Go to Settings/ Options /DirectShow Filters. There is a dropdown list that allows to select the video decoder (only if it is present in your system, of course). You can enter the CLSID of the desired video decoder there, if it is not known to the DVBViewer.

- Download the GraphSelector Plugin from the Service Center and read the ReadMe... if you want the DVBViewer to use certain filters (e.g. decoders) or filter graphs, which would not be used otherwise.

- Read chapter 10 of the DVBViewer help.

- Have a look at View/Filters - there you'll see which filters are actually used. Open their property pages (if there are any) and see what can be done there.

Griga

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, i'm a newbie and don't know so much about this but i have some question.

I have a AverTV DVB-T and i need to know if i can play it with DVBViewer?

I'm trying to configure it, but imposible, its so new for me B)

I'll be very pleased if anyone can tell me how to do it works.

Ohh, excuse my poor and bad english ;)

thanks

And the new beta release? have support for this card?

i read the v2.3 have support to DVB-T cards.

i am looking for some software to play my avermedia, the original soft its horrible!!! Thanks

no, this soft works only with b2c2 chipsets ...... at the moment its a decision of the head programmer and owner