3.9.4 crash with vmr9 and tv-out

I'm having problems with vmr9 renderer when I have connected tv to my computer. My desktop is extended to tv and screen resolutions are 1680x1050 (tft-monitor) and 848x480 (tv).

When I move the DVBViewer to the second screen which is tv, the live tv playback works fine, but if I try to play some movies the program crashes. Movie playback works almost fine in primary monitor, some have wrong aspect ratio but not all. wmr fix or YUV settings don't have any effect.

Overlay mixer works perfectly, but I think that the image quality is better with vmr9. Also with overlay mixer I have to first set tv to be primary display before image shows in it and it is frustrating to do every time I want to watch tv.

My system configuration is ATI x1900xtx with catalyst 8.6 drivers.

Is this behavior known bug or is it something that can be fixed?

More info to my problems.

I noticed that when I start playing movies or recorded tv shows from beginning of the file, the playback works and program doesn't crash! But every time when I try to continue playing video after I have first stopped it, it crashes. Maybe I should make a bug report from this..

Anyway, my other problem was that video aspect ratios are screwed up, but not on every movie. It seems to happen randomly from movie to movie and I can't figure out any pattern from those movie files. Some are divx or xvid files and some are h.264 files and only few of them plays correctly. It seems that the player selects aspect ratio of 4:3 for these movies, but if I force it to be 16:9 it just streches the image horizontally and not vertically at the same time.

I use ffdshow codecs from cccp codec pack.

So, does anyone know any hints how to solve this?

I'm having problems with vmr9 renderer when I have connected tv to my computer. My desktop is extended to tv and screen resolutions are 1680x1050 (tft-monitor) and 848x480 (tv).

When I move the DVBViewer to the second screen which is tv, the live tv playback works fine, but if I try to play some movies the program crashes. Movie playback works almost fine in primary monitor, some have wrong aspect ratio but not all. wmr fix or YUV settings don't have any effect.

Overlay mixer works perfectly, but I think that the image quality is better with vmr9. Also with overlay mixer I have to first set tv to be primary display before image shows in it and it is frustrating to do every time I want to watch tv.

My system configuration is ATI x1900xtx with catalyst 8.6 drivers.

Is this behavior known bug or is it something that can be fixed?

I have a similar problem. Its the cat 8.6 drivers on my set up ,went back to 8.4. Hope this helps

Read: How to post problems/bugs correctly

Post support.zip.

I use the latest catalyst drivers and have no problem.

Edited by Benarty
Read: How to post problems/bugs correctly

Post support.zip.

I use the latest catalyst drivers and have no problem.

OK, I have tested with cat 8.4 drivers and it didn't work. I also tried to update ffdshow to the newest version 2033 beta5 and it didn't help either. I'll send support.zip with this post if it has some info about this problem.

support.zip

• 2 months later...

I have same problem when i moved the DVBViewer windows to Extended Display.

My config are

WinXP SP3, ATI780G(Built-in HD3200), Cat 8.9, DVBViewer 3.9.4.61, VMR9, extended Display. (error file fded_appcompat.txt)

WinXP SP3, ATI780G(Built-in HD3200), Cat 8.9, DVBViewer 3.9.4.61, VMR7, extended Display. (Screen freeze)

fded_appcompat.txt

I have same problem when i moved the DVBViewer windows to Extended Display.

My config are

WinXP SP3, ATI780G(Built-in HD3200), Cat 8.9, DVBViewer 3.9.4.61, VMR9, extended Display. (error file fded_appcompat.txt)

WinXP SP3, ATI780G(Built-in HD3200), Cat 8.9, DVBViewer 3.9.4.61, VMR7, extended Display. (Screen freeze)

My support File

support.zip