DVBviewer 3.9.4.0 crash

jarpell

Hi Everyone!

I purchased DVBViewer a week back and im having some issues with the app crashing, about 2-3 times a day. Picture first freezes for couple of milliseconds and then I ´get an application error in DVBViewer.exe file.

Support files attached (please discard the AV from NTDLL.DLL, that was due to vista video rendering and got it to work by selecting a different one).

Any help is highly appriciated, as I love this app :( does everything I need.

Thanks!

support.zip

Hi Everyone!

I purchased DVBViewer a week back and im having some issues with the app crashing, about 2-3 times a day. Picture first freezes for couple of milliseconds and then I ´get an application error in DVBViewer.exe file.

Support files attached (please discard the AV from NTDLL.DLL, that was due to vista video rendering and got it to work by selecting a different one).

Any help is highly appriciated, as I love this app :( does everything I need.

Thanks!

I have some similar problems to you. I have turned off all plugins. App still crashes for no reason at all. For example the app is running for about 45 minutes and then all of a sudden it just dies. I also tried the latest beta as well, no change. There does not seem to be a proper process for getting a problem looked at here, bit hit and miss. I've uploaded several support.zip for a few issues. They never seem to bother if they think you are not at the same technical level as the programmer. I am not slagging off the app it is the support ....well the lack of it.

These are simply things we cannot reproduce. You should provide as much details as possible. support.zip can help but is not the source to all solutions.

I've uploaded several support.zip for a few issues.

Several support.zip? Checked your postings but could not find one...

Maybe you shouldn't have multiple logins :( . Replyed to your first thread now. Has nothing to do with a crashing DVBViewer though, so we should not hijack this thread here...

(dunno what you want to tell us with the screenshot from your last post here...)

Thanks for the responses!

Would you have any ideas for isolating the issue to a specific component? Is there any beta available that I could test if the error still occurs?

Thanks! :biggrin:

Did you remove the plugins? According to the debug.log, a certain plugin seems to filter quite some PID's...

And what kind of a filter is the 'Digitaalilähtölaite (SPDIF) (2-'. Can you somehow get rid of this one?

Just a Tip, perhaps it´s usefull,

I had same problems under XP professional with an 780G chipset. I changed the cathalyst Southbridge Driver with the original driver from the motherboard CD. Now I don´t have any Problems with ntdll.dll under XP anymore.

Greets

Filo

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also having problems with ntdll.dll crashes. They happen about every 3rd time I exit DVBV.

I did a lot of testing and what I found is

-crashes occur when Powerdvd 7 or Powerdvd 8 codecs are selected for MPEG-2

-no crashes when Nvidia decoder is used

-deleting all plugins doesn't change anything

-using different versions of DVBV (3.9.2/3.9.4/3.9.4.25) doesn't change anything

Is no one else having this problem?

support.zip

Here's a new support.zip as my old install got broken while testing the older versions of DVBV. (Yes, one of them was from utorrent because I couldn't find a version on your server...)

BTW how come I can't edit my last post and where is the setting to get subscribed to threads that I post in?

support.zip

Edited by J.B.

OK, I've finally found out how to work around this crash problem. The crash only happens when all of the following are true:

-PDVD MPEG-2 decoder is selected

-DXVA is on

-Overlay is selected

And the workaround is to send a "Disable A/V" signal to DVBV before sending the "Close DVBViewer" signal.

It would be great if this problem can be fixed as it means I always have to use my remote to close DVBV as closing it with the mouse can still cause crashes.

Here's a screenshot of the crash if it's any help:

zwischenablagebildrx7.png

accdording to your support.zip there is no powerdvd installed. Anyway this sound more like a decoder/graphicscard driver problem. Nothing to be fixed by us.

• 2 months later...