Two Satellites - DiseqC Problem

AboFatimah

hi,

I have Aver DVB-S 700 connected to a switch with two LNB.

I have defined two satellites in DVBViewer PRO:

1- Badr C

2- NileSat 101

when I use the applications bundled with the card, I got all channels from the two satellites.

But inside DVBViewer I got channels from Satellite 1 only !

I used all possible configuration wothout any success:

simpleA / simpleB

and

Pos.A/Opt.A

Pos.B/Opt.A

I can only receive channels from LNB1 !

Try with TransEdit (download from the member's area) and attach a support.zip to your next post :)

It seems that there is a problem with aver drivers.

I tried TransEdit, ProgDVB, PowerCinema,mytheaters.... and all give the same problem ! they show only one satellite !

howerver the AverTV that is supplied with the card can see both satellite correctly !

what to do now ?

I can see that DVBViewer supports sending DiseqC commands , Can I use this to solve the problem ?

DVBViewer contains no explicit DiSEqC support for AverMedia devices - it has to be implemented vendor specific, because Microsoft didn't include it in the BDA interface. However, if AverMedia cards are based on a known design, there may be a chance to add it in future (DVBViewer Pro) or to make it work with a tweak (TransEdit and DVBViewer GE only). As Derrick already said, please attach a support.zip.

Ok. Avermedia cards are based on Philips chipsets, as Google told me. So we can try something:

- Update to TransEdit 3.2 (see members area). Your version is a bit outdated. Shouldn't be used with DVBViewer Pro 3.9.4 anymore, since there were some changes concerning the channellist and transponderlist format lately. TransEdit.exe should be stored in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is located).

- Launch TransEdit, select Info -> Configuration Folder (opens an Explorer window). Close TransEdit.

- Open the file TransEdit.ini from the Configuration Folder with a text editor (NotePad). Scroll down to the [Hardware] section, change the line "Vendor.0=0" to

"Vendor.0=3" and save it. This makes TransEdit believe that it is a TechnoTrend card.

- Re-launch TransEdit, try DiSEqC

In the same way you can try Vendor.0=6 (= Medion, based on Philips like AverMedia). Additionally the Settings -> Hardware -> Use standard interface and Stop stream while tuning checkboxes may have some influence. I'd recommend to switch "Use standard interface" off for testing.

However, this is a gamble now. It may work or not. Good luck!

I tried the latest TransEdit and modified the vendor value but nothing change.

I sent a request for avermedia site but dont expect much from them.

Thanks for the try.

this the replay i got from avermedia support:

Hello Mr./Ms. xxxxx,

Thank you for choosing AVerMedia.

We are sorry to inform you that we don't support any third party softwares. If lucky you might be able to have the device working with a third party application but we can't guarantee that there won't be any problems. Regarding configurations with third party application, we recommend you to contact their manufacturer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sorry to cause your inconvenience.

Still online?

We got information from AverMedia, but we have no device for testing. However, I can upload a TransEdit test version for you, if you want to try...

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the link.

I just tried it after deleting the ini file to get fresh installation.

However it still does not scan the second satellite ! it only get channels from the first satellite.

Best Regards.

Did you try with "Use standard interface" on and off? That's an important point.

Anyway - let's have another try. I've changed something in the attached version 3.2.1.1 that didn't seem right to me in the sample code that I've obtained. Please note: It's a TransEdit demo version, not fully functional. Analyzer and export are deactivated, scanning works.

[Attachment removed]

Edited by Griga

Only having the vendor information and no opportunity to test it here makes it difficult. But we never give up. :biggrin: Sooner or later we got them all working... takes some patience, however.

Ok, another test version 3.2.1.3 (removed the previous one). I've re-read the AverMedia information carefully, and found something...

P.S. When tuning you should hear a message beep if DiSEqC is set successfully via the AverMedia interface.

TransEdit_Test_3_2_1_3.zip

Edited by Griga

Well done ! Now I'm able to scan channels from satellite 2 in both TransEdit and DVBViewer.

However, most of the channels are working only after completing the scan process!

Once I switch to a channel in satellite 1 or restart DVBViewer, I got a blank screen !

Fine! :) Does it work with and without standard interface in TransEdit? Important for us to know.

It has to be implemented in DVBViewer yet, otherwise it will use the Pos/Opt that has been set by TransEdit before. I'll upload a new DVBViewer GE version with AverMedia DiSEqC support tonight or tomorrow.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I own a Avermedia A 700 DVB-S Pro Card and I'm using a centralized satellite system in my building which I cannot access. The system consists of two LNB's, switched by a "Simple Diseqc".

All the channells in both sattellites are available in my receiver box. I can also watch them fully by using the bundled AverTV software or ProgDVB version 5.x or higher, which allows me to set the Diseqc settings as "switch by 22Khz". (It's an extra option other than simple/mini Diseqc).

No other DVB Software is able to scan the channels.

After reading this post in the forum, I decided to buy the DVBViewer Software, but after trying with DVBViewer and TransEdit I was not able to find the channels correctly. So the "patch" mentioned in this thread doesn't seem as a solution for me.

I wonder, what is so special about the "switch by 22Khz" option of ProgDVB. Can it be implemented in DVBViewer?

Thank you very much.

Notes:

1- in TransEdit.ini, the vendor parameter is correctly identified as "12".

2- in earlier versions of ProgDVB (4.x), I can't activate the "switch by 22Khz" option, altough it's present in the selection list.

I'm sure that the LNB's are Universal, so there is no need to play with LOF values. The 22Khz problem I mentioned was not about selecting the hi / lo band on one satellite, it was about the "tone bursting" switches, which sends a 22Khz signal to switch the Satellites.

Anyway, I was wrong, there is no "tone bursting" switch in our building. When I select normal simple Disecq setting in progdvb, I can scan both of the satellites perfectly.

After more googling, I've found out that this is a common problem among the Avermedia a700 users:

Aver A700 + Disecq combination won't work in most DVB Software, except ProgDVB v5.x or higher.

It seems like a driver / compability issue, which is somehow resolved by ProgDVB.

The problem of AboFatimah seems to be similiar to this issue, but that solution didn't work for me.

Thank you very much!