Girder - DVBviewer

Job48

Hi @ all,

Griga asked me, to post a short How To, if I got it working. After unsuccessfully trying for a while, it finally bugged me to find out, why it didn't work in the first place.

Presently I'm using all commands from Christian's SDK, except for Volume-Control. Though it does work, it doesn't show me the scrollbar. So my workarround ist using Girder's ApplicationCommand with the parameters for mouse menue interaction.

A second little shortcomming is the fact, that I don't know, how to evoce the OSD menue by a windows message. For this reason I use Girder's keyboard emulation as well as for the 4 coloured keys.

@Christian,

could you please post the message numbers for the above few functions, thanks!

Girder - läuft endlich mit SendMessage Plugin

Griga hat mich gebeten, wenn es denn mal läuft, eine kurze Anleitung zu posten. Nachdem ich eine Weile lang vergeblich herumprobiert hatte, hat es mir doch keine Ruhe gelassen, herauszufinden warum es nicht ging.

Zur Zeit benutze ich alle Kommandos aus Michaels SDK Liste, ausser der Lautstärkeregelung. Die funktioniert zwar, zeigt aber den Laufbalken nicht an. Stattdessen benutze ich an dieser Stelle den ApplicationCommand von Girder mit den entsprechenden Parametern für die Maus Interaktion.

Ein zweiter kleiner Schönheitsfehler ist die Tatsache, dass ich noch nicht weiss, wie ich das OSD mit SendMessage aufrufe. Deshalb verwende ich an dieser Stelle und für die 4 farbigen FB Tasten noch die Tastaturemulation.

@Christian,

kannst Du bitte mal die Windows Messages für die paar og. Funktionen posten, danke!

Girder_Teil1.zip

@Job48: You can find all the commands and the associated numbers in the file DVBCommands.inc, that can be downloaded from this thread.

The command for opening the OSD is acEnter, as far as I know... thanks for looking after the Girder stuff!

Griga

@griga

@Job48: You can find all the commands and the associated numbers in the file DVBCommands.inc, that can be downloaded from this thread.

ahhhh... thanks, that was exactly, what I was looking for. I am beginning to enjoy this way of communication/cooperation. No I can round up the little Girder project. If I complete the docs, what do I have to do, to avoid this annoying 256kb limit when posting the "how to" (took me quite some time).

If its more than 256kb i can put it on my webspace or on the webspace of the DVBViewer if we ask Christian.

And maybe Oliver and Griga can implement it in the manual (if you permit)

Thanks for your good work

Steffen

And maybe Oliver and Griga can implement it in the manual (if you permit)

Sure!

I will complete the Interface and put in a little more text to make it less cryptic. When I started out, I had the images at a better quality level, and the size of the document was about 500k.

Now... I would be highly interested in other users experiences with Winlirc and Girder. On my 2.0 G Celeron MMC Girder runs perfect. Never misses a command and never interprets a wrong command.

Whereas I never could get Winlirc working flawlessly with the Pinnacle IR. I even build a new IR receiver and tried numerous remotes. In most cases I got the well known Winlirc "did not receive a consistant signal" error. Once I managed to set it up, it was slow, missing keypresses on the IR, and executed wrong codes. The range was only 50% of the Girder range, with the same hardware of course.

Edited: Thanks to Grigas hint I updated the girder interface (new attachment). Its now completely SendMessage based. I also noticed that a lot of small buggies have been eliminated from the remote user interface! I really appreciate that. DVBViewer is on its way to make a pretty good STB with a smoothly working IR.

Are there people out in the world with similar experiences. I would be interested to get feedback.

DVBviewer_Pinnacle_SendMessage2.zip

Hi Job48

i was trying your girderconfig, but it seems that none of the sendmessagecommands

will reach DVBViewer. The Plugin in Grider is activ.

Anything else i have to activate or did i miss something ?

Thanks

cu

1) If it's an older Version of DVBViewer, the command numbers may be different (-100 i.e. pause resembles 0). I have read something like this, however don't know when.

2) Did you make sure, that DVBViewer is *not* minimized? I haven't found out yet how to get focus if DVBViewer is minimized.

3) Do you have the proper version (1.5.4) of the sendmessage plugin for Girder 3.2?

4) does Girder react on you remote (signaled by colourchange in the appropriate taskbar ikon?

Thanks for your reply

1: DVBViewer 2.0, Win2000,Celeron 950,256Mb, intelchipset, Ati R7000

2: Yes, i tryed various including Fullscreen always in Front.

3: I'm using Girder3.2. Now i've got plugin version 1.5.4 from Girder 3.3 but no changes

4: Yes. Normaly I'm using girder with the Keyemulation. I removed my settings and and imported your gml. then i teached channel up and down. For this i used the existing eventstrings from your remote. In the statusbar from girder it shows sendmessage.ready.

If i enable "save Result in Girder variable" in the plugin, it shows there Result[0]:0.

Hmmm...I don't have a clue right now. What you report, all sounds fine. Have another look, if the command variables have been stored in the events. Also please try to reallocate the focus (Ziel) in Girder. I don't have to explain this, since you seem to know Girder.