Re-setting ITV HD PIDs

dmcq

With ITVHD PMT and Service PIDs set to 0, the channel displays, records and plays back without a problem.

However the resultant file has non-standard PIDs and won't play in any other application nor can it be edited.

Does anyone know of an applet that can reset the relevant PIDs so that the file becomes standard HD TS spec please?

Don

Derrick

Sorry for the wrong term.

So does anyone know an app that can parse the file so that it comes out as a standard .TS file please.

Tjod

Thanks.

So the 3.9.4.10 beta solves this, thats great, so a recording made with DB Viewer should then play back in, say, PowerDVD 8?

When do you think this will go mainstream as I see that the advice is that only advanced users should use the beta?

Don

so a recording made with DVBViewer should then play back in, say, PowerDVD 8?
I think so, but i could not restive ITV HD so i cold not test it.

When do you think this will go mainstream
Don't know.

as I see that the advice is that only advanced users should use the beta?
Ther are no knowen issue with curent Beta 3.9.4.25 is usebel (but read the beta readme.txt).

But you can all though use DVBViewer GE 2.5.0 for recording ITV HD. Install this version in a separate folder and delt the Deutsch.lng to get a English interface.

Tjod

Thanks.

I'm going to update to the beta to see if the ITVHD problem is solved.

I've read the beta install notes which are fairly clear but I just want to check.

Starting with a 3.9.4.0

Backup the recorder directory - DVBViewer

Backup the program directory - c:\program files\DVBViewer (in my case)

Expand DVBViewer 3.9.4.25beta.zip - then copy into c:\program files\DVBViewer (in my case)

Restart.

Is that right please?

Thanks

Don

Backup the recorder directory - DVBViewer
A Backup is good but not relay necessary.

You miss this:

Make a Backup of your data folder.
To find the Location in the DVBViewer > About > Config Folder.

Tjod

Done that

App now identifies itself as .25 beta.

However behaviour is exactly as before.

Should I be returning the PIDs to their original values?

Do I need to do a complete retune?

Do I still need to import the ITVHD.ini file?

Again thanks

Don

Edited by dmcq

Lars

I did a complete rescan, re-imported the ITV.ini file and all seemed well, the channel played, recorded and played back fine.

Thank you very much indeed.

However although the recorded file will play back in both DVBViewer and PowerDVD 8 Ultra, it shows the same problem in both as follows.

If the recording is started from the beginning and left to play it is fine all the way through, but if you fast forward or back then play it there is severe blockiness.

Resetting the file to the beginning again and then immediately fast forwarding then playing it, is normally ok.

ITV HD is the only material that shows this problem, BBCHD is always perfect.

Could this be a problem with the way the file is recorded?

Once again many thanks for your commitment.

Regards

Don

H.264 as a standard is very complex, and encoders / decoders / other involved components may have differing opinions about implementation details. You may want to use the H264ParamReader (-> members area -> tools) for comparing the H.264 headers.

• 11 months later...

OK - have just installed DVBViewer Pro and although most things seem to go OK, I still cannot set up to view ITVHD.

I can get audio but NO Video - have tried all the usual tricks a la sat receiver tricks and cannot get it to work.

What parameters are people with a working ITV HD using?

Appreciate help.

Regards

It should show you a picture anyway. Black screen, ITV logo and some message about no programme currently being shown.

Does BBC HD work OK?

EDIT - as a quick fix i added more info to the first post of this topic.

Edited by uglyned