diseqc dish motor+ latest dvbviewer

adriankoooo

Yes, it is done via the channel editor, I set mine using USALS and "gotoangular" and it works OK on channel change.

When scanning a new satellite the scan begins before the motor has finished driving and a transponder is locked.

I do not know if this is normal or I am doing something wrong?

Yes, it is done via the channel editor, I set mine using USALS and "gotoangular" and it works OK on channel change.

When scanning a new satellite the scan begins before the motor has finished driving and a transponder is locked.

I do not know if this is normal or I am doing something wrong?

The dish does not move. I scanned for new channels, settings: Diseqc: Goto Angular and 192 Astra 19.2 - not helped. Manual move (under USAL settings) does not work too. Why? :wacko

Edited by adriankoooo

SkyStar 2 rev. 2.6D did not support DiSEqC 1.2 (motor). This may be damage the hardware and that is the reason way the DVBViewer do not support it.

If you have a SkyStar 2 rev. 2.7 wich support DiSEqC 1.2 it should work with DVBViewer Pro.

SkyStar 2 rev. 2.6D did not support DiSEqC 1.2 (motor). This may be damage the hardware and that is the reason way the DVBViewer do not support it.

If you have a SkyStar 2 rev. 2.7 wich support DiSEqC 1.2 it should work with DVBViewer Pro.

with altdvb, progdvb it is work...o:) Why is this information not in the help?

with altdvb, progdvb it is work...
As far es i know the DVBViewer use the official SDK from Technisat.

Why is this information not in the help?
It is:
DiSEqC: In this list you may assign an individual DiSEqC adjustment to the channel. It has the same meaning as the general adjustment for the root folder (see above). The SkyStar2 only supports DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page...er=f&sub=f2

I understand that, 1.2 diseqc commands are not passed out the card by earlier drivers. Later drivers (from 4.4.1) supported sending the 1.2 commands but you had to enable it a the program end...

cheers,

Adrian

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PLEAASE HELP! It is doesnt work with 2.8, but i can setup tricky to work well with mibi plugin.

Which card is supported by default for diseqc in DVBViewer PRO? The diseqc support is the biggest problem in DVBViewer.

• 2 weeks later...

I just set up a motorised dish with a cheap DiseqC motor. There's a lot of confusion on this subject as I learned to my cost. It seems that even these cheap Motek clone motors have USALS built in these days but they can't call it that because it's patented. USALS is superior to and more foolproof than the DiseqC system.

Basically find one reference satellite as due south as possible. If it's 2 degrees west from your true south set the motor dial manually to 2W and then get a good lock on that satellite by moving the dish around manually on it's mount. Provisionally tighten everything up.

I had a lot of problems to start with but then decided to remove all the other software I had installed to try to make it work, reinstall DVBViewer Pr0 3.9.0, climb up to my dish and press the reset button on the motor and restart the whole system. This time all I did was enter the satellite name on the Channelscan screen, select GotoAngular and the name of the satellite again and bingo it worked.

Now I just select a channel and the dish moves automatically to the right satellite position.

If you've already got a working motorised system and it's tuning correctly to one satellite, use this as your 'reference' satellite and USALS will find the rest automatically.

Hi,

I am new i bought DVBViewer a couple of days ago.

I have a skystar HD2 (new, I havent used it) and a motorized dish (Opticum DM 2800)

I have read some posts about it but they were old.

My question:

-Could I use them with DVBViewer?

-Does Skystar HD2 support diseqc motor?

-How can I setup it? (in user manual cannot find any details)

-Do I need the MIBI diseqc plugin?

What I did:

-fill out my Earth position

-choose deice: Mantis BDA (sometimes saying: device not found!)

-try to move manually (it moved somehow)

-I foud some command example:

1 Astra 1B-1H 19,2e E0 31 6E D0 64

2 Eutelsat W3 7,1e E0 31 6E D1 35

3 Astra 3A 23,5e E0 31 6E D0 1A

4 Eurobird 28,2e E0 31 6E E0 37

5 Eutelsat Sesat 36,0e E0 31 6E E0 BE

6 Thor 1 0,8w E0 31 6E D1 BD

7 Astra 1A Sirius 5,0e E0 31 6E D1 5A

8 Hotbird 1 - 5 13,3e E0 31 6E D0 CA

9 Eurobird3 33,0e E0 31 6E E0 8A

10 AtlanticBird3 5,0w E0 31 6E D2 05

11 AtlanticBird2 7,9w E0 31 6E D2 37

12 Hispasat1A 30,0w E0 31 6E D3 AB

13 AtlanticBird1 12,5w E0 31 6E D2 85

14 Eurobird9 9,0e E0 31 6E D1 15

15 Badr C 26,2e E0 31 6E E0 15

16 Eutelsat W2 16,4e E0 31 6E D0 95

I have know idea how its made.

I tryed to use it... moved, but not to the right position.

Thats all what i could do.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

wh

still working on it, some results:

with goto Angular

and after usuals setting I can move the dish to the 'right' posotion.

'right' psition means: can see the satellite but not all TPs. Cannot do enything to scan TPs to find the best position for the satellite and after save it.

I am using a FireDTV card so cannot help a great deal. I wonder if your satellite is in need of slight repositioning to your southernmost 'reference' satellite. This is the one tht's best to use because when the dish is moved by the motor it describes an arc in the sky, not a straight line east-west. if you try to position the dish when it's set at an angle it's more likely to be 'out' when at the other end of the arc.

Download a satellite / transponder file (can't remember where) - this gives you the satellites and angles in a drop down when you're on the channelscan page.

I'm in favour of doing a reset on the motor if you can reach it, carefully positioning it to reference satellite, register that with USALS (go to angular) and then do the same for a different one.

I just upgraded to 4 and it automatically loads the usual 3 European satellites(13,18,28) with USALS angles.

(Actually I didn't realise it was going to lose all the channel settings I had created!)

Keep going because I was totally foxed to begin with and now it's plain sailing.