UDP-multicast support?

OJT

Hi,

My local network operator is offering some TV-streams over ethernet-LAN. I'm not sure about the protocol, but is uses UDP and IP-multicast (the stream's address is like udp://@192.168.0.1:1234). I'm able to watch the stream with VLC-player.

Is it possible to receive the stream with DVBViewer? I've tried the "Multicast network device" in the Settings without success.

Olli

How is one supposed to use this IPTV device?

I enable ITPV device, set parameters and then?

How do I scan for channels?

in TransEditiptv.exe I can enter "transponder" with right parameters (ip, port) and I can also scan and preview channels, but I can not search for channels in DVBViewer, always the same result, 0 programs found, whatever I try.

Where have I gone wrong?

I also tried to use multicast network device, but no luck either.

and I can also scan and preview channels, but

Simply send the channels to the DVBViewer. You can't scan in the DVBViewer for IPTV because this would create a big mess adjusting the code. So the only way is to use transeditIPTV, scan your channels and send (the according to the transedit manual) to the DVBViewer.

Simply send the channels to the DVBViewer. You can't scan in the DVBViewer for IPTV because this would create a big mess adjusting the code. So the only way is to use transeditIPTV, scan your channels and send (the according to the transedit manual) to the DVBViewer.

If I try to send or export channels, I always get error: Sorry - cannot export since DVBViewer 2.1 (or later) is not present.

I use TransEdit MMC 3.1.4.12, this is form beta area.

Version 3.2.0.0 does not show IPTV device, so no way to scan/send/export.

Is there a way to add IPTV device, to TransEdit 3.2.0.0? Or is there a way to solve the error message above?

you did put the transeditIPTV into the programfolder of the DVBViewer Pro 3.9.4?

If program folder = "c:\Program Files\DVBViewer", where DVBViewer.exe is? Then yes I did.

Send and Export both produce the same message.

dvb.jpg

there is already a channellist in the DVBViewer? If not, just create a fake channel to force the generation of the channels.dat in the userdata folder.

there is already a channellist in the DVBViewer? If not, just create a fake channel to force the generation of the channels.dat in the userdata folder.

I found AstraFTA channel list, after importing it everything works.

So TransEditIPTV needs existing channel list to be present.

If channel list is empty (fresh install) you can not send IPTV channels to DVBViewer.

Thank you very much o:)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem using the export option in transeditiptv .... but how do I make the "fake" channels.dat step by step ? ... could you ex. put a dummy file here I could use....so I can get over the ip channels

Thanks in advance.

Sorry - cannot export since DVBViewer 2.1 (or later) is not present.

I also got this message on my server. The reason here was: i installed DVBViewer, but i never started it - only the DVBServer. After i started DVBViewer for one time, this message disappeared.