Arcsoft codec

balky

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody tried arcsoft codecs and got DVBV working well with them.

There's plenty of loud stories about how great the codecs perform...

But after installing and configuring the codecs in DVBV, I always get an error message each time I start DVBV about the application not being able to start because of a missing MagCore.dll...

DVBV being such a great piece just defaults back to powerdvd8.

I am running Vista 32 bit home premium edition SP1.

Thanks.

Hi there, I am currently using Arcsoft decoders both for DVB-S and DVB-S2. After spending hours trying to understand how this software hangs together with codecs and Video GPU, I have found the Arcsoft software to be my best stable product at present. My config is on signature. I have never seen the missing MagCopre.dll message. I had lots of blurring issues mainly caused by poor decoders. Cyberling H264 is quite blurry especially on H264 ...BBCHD and ITVHD etc. Whatever you do do not use ffdshow raw filter. Also CoreAVC is software based and if your GPU supports hardware acceleration do not use coreavc. I'm still learning a few tricks on this but let us know what your config is etc.

Frank

Following fxv1's suggestion (thanks!) I installed the ARCSoft codec the other day. I have to say that it works perfectly and is the only codec that I have tried so far in DVBV that has no issues whatsoever with BBCHD and EVR (in XP). I get 25fps rendered with no dropped frames and proper deinterlacing on my old ATI card that has little if any h264 hardware decoding.

Looking forward to seeing how it performs with my new ATI card which of course does have full hardware decoding. The advanced properties of the ARCSoft decoder seem to indicate that it can use both hardware and software, as available. I will soon see that from the CPU usage.

Trying to get Zoomplayer to work with the ARCSoft codec but that doesn't seem to be so easy.

Thanks guys,

lemme put it this way, I have powerdvd8 currently installed, and I downloaded and installed the trial version of Arcsoft's total media extreme. I set in directX DVBV to use arcsoft codecs for MPEG 2 and H.264. Stopped and re-started DVBV and the error message pops up. Each time I re-start DVBV i always get the same error message, and when I look under view - filters, I don't see anything about arcsoft.

So I am probably doing it wrong.

What arcsoft application have you guys installed to be able to use the codecs?

I guess that is where I miss the whole thing...

Thanks once more.

I tried ARCSoft last night and i also get the MagCore.dll is missing

I download the trial version of TotalMedia Theatre which installed ok also did the update which came up when i first ran the software so not sure what i did wrong ever

Running

windows Xp sp3

DVBViewer 3.9.4.0

The codec (only) is in this.

Codecs "HD Pack" Link Removed because the page Provides Illegal Content (an the Codec pack its not conform with license from the codecs).

Uncheck the other stuff if you don't need it.

Trying to get Zoomplayer to work with the ARCSoft codec but that doesn't seem to be so easy.

Now working fine, but with somewhat higher CPU usage than in DVBViewer. It can't quite handle 1080p with no hardware decoding.

Following fxv1's suggestion (thanks!) I installed the ARCSoft codec the other day. I have to say that it works perfectly and is the only codec that I have tried so far in DVBV that has no issues whatsoever with BBCHD and EVR (in XP). I get 25fps rendered with no dropped frames and proper deinterlacing on my old ATI card that has little if any h264 hardware decoding.

Looking forward to seeing how it performs with my new ATI card which of course does have full hardware decoding. The advanced properties of the ARCSoft decoder seem to indicate that it can use both hardware and software, as available. I will soon see that from the CPU usage.

I have uploaded some newer pictures with my current setting, everything seems to be working fine .... oh by the way I have taken the plunge and installed the latest BETA ... happy viewing. Let me know if you have any success with these setting.

Frank

Here is the link

http://1920by1080p.co.uk/blur.aspx

Hi all,

The Arcsoft codec is far to be perfect under some contents situation.

When the picture is dark, that means low birate, the codec in question is unable to manage to deal with it. The picture look terrible.

It is thus not well adapted to the DVB as the BBC One HD high 20MBts bitrate is not common; rather 10Mbts max.

The Cyberlink 8 is perfect.

I can see that Cyberlink, because of some relationship with DVB card manufactured have done great job on both HD+SD codecs well adapted to all kinds of contents.

THe CoreAVC is not bad too but one loose all kind of hardware support.

Hi all,

The Arcsoft codec is far to be perfect under some contents situation.

When the picture is dark, that means low birate, the codec in question is unable to manage to deal with it. The picture look terrible.

It is thus not well adapted to the DVB as the BBC One HD high 20MBts bitrate is not common; rather 10Mbts max.

The Cyberlink 8 is perfect.

I can see that Cyberlink, because of some relationship with DVB card manufactured have done great job on both HD+SD codecs well adapted to all kinds of contents.

THe CoreAVC is not bad too but one loose all kind of hardware support.

I tottally disagree! The cyberlink PDVD codec causes massive tearing and blurring on 50hz Hd thus is it not fit for using under DVBViewer in its current guise. I am asstounded you can classify it as 'perfect' when it cant be used on 50hz broadcasts.

Edited by poggs
I tottally disagree! The cyberlink PDVD codec causes massive tearing and blurring on 50hz Hd thus is it not fit for using under DVBViewer in its current guise. I am asstounded you can classify it as 'perfect' when it cant be used on 50hz broadcasts.

Hi,

For me, I did not see any of the artefacts you mentionned on my videprojector.

But, I understand it depends very much of the GC/ output frame rate/ format etc....

No isssue with 7600GS 1280x720 or 1980x1080 @60Hz Overlay under XP.

Althought the input stream is 50hz, setting 60hz frame rate is OK.

Edited by trifon33
Hi,

For me, I did not see any of the artefacts you mentionned on my videprojector.

But, I understand it depends very much of the GC/ output frame rate/ format etc....

No isssue with 7600GS 1280x720 or 1980x1080 @60Hz Overlay under XP.

Althought the input stream is 50hz, setting 60hz frame rate is OK.

Yes I must agree that the Arcsoft is one of the better codecs even though I have other issues.

The Cyberlink Codec causes me massive blurs not fit for use watch any sports.

As far as I can tell Arcsoft is better for fast action but it also comes with a massive problem for me. When turning on DXVA2.0 (directX Video ACceleration) it causes me colour bleeding on the pictures.

Take a look at these pictures

http://1920by1080p.co.uk/arcsoft.aspx

If you look at the 5 rings logo you will see the colours not lining up ...this is with DXVA turned on then compare the bottom picture ....the logo colours are spopt on ...by the way picture grabbed by Vista snippet and not perfect.

Anyone has any ideas why this is happening. If I could get that fixed I could live with Arcsoft Codecs on high speed action.

It works perfectly at 50hz. All digital broadcasts in Aus are at 50hz.

If you look at the 5 rings logo you will see the colours not lining up ...this is with DXVA turned on then compare the bottom picture ....the logo colours are spopt on ...

My rings line up with Arcsoft regardless of whether I have DXVA turned on or not.

I suspect that your problem may be due to the renderer you use. Which is it?

Missing MagCore.dll...

Copy these files from the Arcsofts installation folder to DVBViewers folder. Then it should work.

-MagCore.dll

-MagPCMac.dll

-MagUIEngine.dll

-MagUIInter.dll

Hmm, were can I find these Arcsoft codecs, I have been looking at their webpage but honestly I cant tell in what software the codecs come from.

Are the codecs bundled with all their software? They say on their webpage what codecs they have but not how to get them.

AMD 6400+

Asus M3A-H/HDMI

2GB 800MHz memory

Sapphire HD3470

Hauppauge HVR-4000

• 3 months later...
How do I get the Arcsoft Codec to come up? I've bought and installed Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre, but there is no Arcsoft in the codec list. How do I get it there?

Perhaps the merit of the codec Arcsoft are setted as default too low and DVBViewer doesn't see them.

I have a "similar" issue with nero video codec hd that isn't seen as an h264 codec but as a mpeg2 codec.

Just try to upper the merits of the codec with a program like radlight filter manager, and let us know if it resolve the issue.

I' m not sure it resolve the issue but I' ve read somewhere in a forum it should work.

Let us know.

Hi Diego,

I've tried that but there's not even any Arcsoft codec listed under the filters in Radlight. It may be named something else but I see nothing that sounds close to being the correct filter.

Does anyone know a registry setting or some other way to make the Arcsoft H.264 decoder's DXVA/DXVA2 settings stick in DVBViewer?

When I was using an older version of the Arcsoft codec the DXVA settings would always stick to the intermediate/auto setting which is the way I want it, so DXVA2 would be enabled in Vista. But since I upgraded to a later Arcsoft version the DXVA checkboxes are always unchecked again every time the graph is rebuilt, so I have to check them manually every time to get hardware acceleration.

I don't have the old version any more. The version I have now is the latest according to Arcsoft Connect. ASH264Vid.dll is v1.1.12.111 from October 2008.

Edited by Ged

Search for the file ASViD.log and check the access rights. Maybe you'll have to add write access for non-admins. That's how I got it working under XP (DVBViewer is running in a restricted user account here).

Hi Diego,

I've tried that but there's not even any Arcsoft codec listed under the filters in Radlight. It may be named something else but I see nothing that sounds close to being the correct filter.

Well if it is installed and registred you should find it.

But for example with new nero 9 codec you don't find any codec from nero in Directshow filters.

Only the nero app can use it. That on my opinion it is a very discutible option because at the end if you bought it why beeing not entitled to use the codec included?

Hoping someone else may help you.

Bye :(

Search for the file ASViD.log and check the access rights. Maybe you'll have to add write access for non-admins. That's how I got it working under XP (DVBViewer is running in a restricted user account here).

I don't seem to have that file. Anyway, I'm running as an administrator on Vista with UAC disabled, no different from what I did with the older version, so I don't think that is the problem anyway. I guess I'll have to use Cyberlink until I figure this out, or try to find the older Arcsoft version somewhere.

• 1 year later...

I also have the same problem with the arcsoft decoder... DXVA settings won't stick after I turn off DBViewer.

Have anyone came up with a solution?

Harerton

• 2 weeks later...

This is Arcsoft codec, install this:

ftp://ftp.leadtek.com.tw/tv_tuner/LiveUpdate/Codec/Codec.exe

And register codecs with this:

http://depositfiles.com/files/jvvwp6sku ( it's an .bat that register all arcosft codecs)

OR USE:

If you install this codec will not appear into graphstudio, but you can use this:

http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm

to register.

Arcsoft has 2 location for codecs, one is C/ProgramData/Arcsoft

other is:C/Program Files/Common Files/Arcsoft ( here are the codecs)

This codec is not latest, is from sept 2009, there are a newer codec from ian 2010, is in Codec Folder from Arcsoft Total Threatre 3, install this and take arcsoft codecs, named ASVid.ax, and put it into

Program Files/Common Files/Arcsoft/MPEG Engine, overwriting older codec.

ENJOY.

OTHER PEOPLE use this: checkactivate.dll ( google it) , put this into same folder with codec, register codec and in this way will apear in directshow.

checkactivate.dll is found also in C/Program Files/MPEG Engine:D

IF YOU USE THIS CODECS OF MINE THEN DXVA WILL REMAIN ON IN CODEC PROPERTIES...;)

This is NOT ILLEGAL,WHY?

because Arcsoft say this: If somebody found a way to use our codecs in directshow then good for you.

But we do not suport this, period.

It's a huge thread over Arcsoft forum with this problem... everyone use arcsoft now.

For me Arcsoft and Microsoft is best for HD, with Cyberlink i have problems.

To bad that DVBViewer is not stable at all, is not optimised for Arcsoft or Cyberlink newer codecs.....

If you dont know you can install PowerCinema 6 and use their codecs in HD or mpeg in DVBViewer.....it will apear after PowerCinema install.

Edited by bogdan1980

I must admit, i haven't read the whole tread. But i just want to say that a clean win 7 installation handles all, no need to install any codecs.

Missing MagCore.dll...

Copy these files from the Arcsofts installation folder to DVBViewers folder. Then it should work.

-MagCore.dll

-MagPCMac.dll

-MagUIEngine.dll

-MagUIInter.dll

What do you want to say with that?

Copy these .dll to the root of DVBViewer?

But for what?

EDIT: And also, when i use Cyberlink or Arcsoft, on HD channels, after some times, minutes or so image freeze.

I must return always to Micrsoft codecs with DVBViewer.

Do you guys have same problem?

Edited by bogdan1980