Can you add tuners for analog terrestrial and TDT?

thecaptain2000

Ideally I would like to be able to handle all my Tv channels in one program, hence my request for a terrestrial analog. Moreover in Spain, there are some digital terrestrial channels broadcasting in HD and it would be nice to to be able to have these tuners in DVBViewer

Renato

DVBViewer only supports digital broadcasts.

hi, I know, that why I posted it into the Feature request section ;)

on the other hand, I would say at lest the HD digital terrestrial tuner feature request still fits into the "technological philosophy"

Renato

What is the problem with digital terrestrial channels broadcasting in HD?

Do you need a special tuner, witch is not located by the DVBViewer?

If yes are there BDA driver for this tuner?

Or do they use a not supported video or audio decoder?

currently when I scan for digital terrestrial channels, DVBViewer current scanning program does not find them. I have a copy of cyberlink power cinema that, although I do not know what it does, has a (I do not remember by heart so I could be slightly off here) TDT S2 scan option or something like that. To make a long story short, with Cyberlink's own scan I can find the HD TDT broadcasts, currently with DVBViewer I cannot.

Renato

now that you made me think it could be I need a different tuner. I use an Hauppauge hvr-4000 and the tdt tuner listed is a dvb-t and the S2 capability is NOT recognized. Cyberlink powercinema recognizes the DVB tuner as a DVB-T / S2, maybe that is the difference?

Renato

S2 is satellite specific: DVB-S = satellite, DVB-S2 = satellite with a new modulation system. This difference is irrelevant for DVB-T. A new DVB-T2 standard is under development, but not used yet, as far as I know. The HVR 4000 contains a normal DVB-T and a DVB-S/S2 tuner.

DVBViewer current scanning program does not find them.

Probably because the correct frequency is not contained in the transponder list that is used for scanning. Get TransEdit (see members area). Use it for checking and editing the transponder list and for scanning.