2 instances of DVBViewer Pro

boulder2

I thought I read here somewhere that you can only have one instance of DVBViewer Pro running.

Now I was wondering : could you start one instance of DVBViewer Pro (something about that there could only be one COM server, and start another instance of DVBViewer GE or do you have the same problem there ?

And either way, is there a procedure on how to do this ?

1) Install DVBViewer (Pro and/or GE) twice in different folders.

2) Make sure that the installations don't access the same configuration folder. Check the Root entry in the UserMode.ini of both installations and modify one Root entry slightly if necessary (e.g. from DVBViewer to DVBViewer2). Or let one installation work in UserMode 1 (private settings for each user on your PC) and the other one in UserMode 2 (shared settings for all users).

Please note: Two DVBViewer instances can't access the same DVB device at the same time. You'll need at least two of them, otherwise the second instance can only be used for file playback.

Use search tool on my id, you will find a workable solution. The drawback is not knowing which DVBViewer tuner is active on the taskbar, or if recording or not. I did try asking for a number on each instance on the taskbar icons. For them to change colour such as red when recording. Would make using multi instance DVBViewer easy, is DVBViewer meant to be user friendly ?

Use search tool on my id, you will find a workable solution. The drawback is not knowing which DVBViewer tuner is active on the taskbar, or if recording or not. I did try asking for a number on each instance on the taskbar icons. For them to change colour such as red when recording. Would make using multi instance DVBViewer easy, is DVBViewer meant to be user friendly ?

Just wondering, could you not use a resource editor to change the EXE file so that it contains a different icon that is displayed in the taskbar ?

I know, the author or moderator will probably not like you doing that, but then you could create a different colour or number for each tuner.

I 'm just thinking I will probably have the same issue when running 2 instances.

Which is which ?

Just wondering, could you not use a resource editor to change the EXE file so that it contains a different icon that is displayed in the taskbar ?

I know, the author or moderator will probably not like you doing that, but then you could create a different colour or number for each tuner.

I 'm just thinking I will probably have the same issue when running 2 instances.

Which is which ?

This will probably not work because of copy protection, anyway.

I guess the authors could simply fix this problem by letting users pick their own icon.

Then those that want to could create their own icon with a giant 1 or 2 in it.

How do you charge the Systray icon via the shortcut config? ;)

A resource editor is although no solution. Because there it is only possible to cage the main icon but not the Systray icon (at least in the three editors i tried).

A resource editor is although no solution. Because there it is only possible to cage the main icon but not the Systray icon

There is a possibility to change the tray icon. But it's quite complicated, because it has to be entered as hex dump:

Zwischenablage01.png