Convert DVB-T stream from MPEG4(H264) - MPEG2

albas

Hello!

Dunno if this is the right place to ask for help with this, but I am trying anyway. I am located in Norway and RiksTV is broadcasting their DVB-T stream in MPEG4, H264, AAC-HE format. I have successfully recorded a program (in DVBViewer) and would like to convert it to MPEG2 to be able to encode it in Xvid. The saved file is in .TS format (It will not save it in MPG even if set so under options/recording). Is there a way to make it save the file directly as MPEG2 or convert it?

I am using Windows Vista SP1 and FloppyDTV T/Ci from Digital-Everywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Topic moved to the appropriate section, where your question is already discussed.

and would like to convert it to MPEG2 to be able to encode it in Xvid.

Doesn't make sense to me. The double conversion will lower the quality considerably, and since H.264/AAC-HE compression is more efficient, the XVID file will probably be larger.

Topic moved to the appropriate section, where your question is already discussed.

Doesn't make sense to me. The double conversion will lower the quality considerably, and since H.264/AAC-HE compression is more efficient, the XVID file will probably be larger.

If Xvid where to use the same bitrate I am sure it would be larger, but that's not the case. So the filesize is actually going to be less than 1/2 the size of the MPEG file. I wouldn't mind converting it directly to Xvid either if someone can send me in the right direction I would be happy :-) Staxrip I tried, but could not get it to work on my computer (running VistaSP1) with .NET 3.5 installed

Edited by albas