Usage of multiple DVB cards

Marco Stein

Hello!

It would be very useful if you could use two or more DVBViewer applications with different card input at the same time. Only one needs to have sound ouput. There should be a menu or command line option to select the hardware to use for the current application instance. Are there sharing problems for usage of sound, direct show filters or graphic overlay?

Thanks for the very nice tool.

best regards,

Marco

Guest hackbart

Hi i've tested the possibility of multiple cards, but at the moment i do not know how to change the card in the filter, but Marfis Renderer should be easily performed to handle this problem..

Sharing Problems are'nt given (at least if you do not want to use the overlay mixer). I will add some sort of Parameter in a few days (before i do this i have to finish the pva recorder and of course the new xvr renderer).

Christian

• 2 years later...

Hi Christian,

I currently have DVBViewer PRO v. 3 with an Airstar 2 and am extremely happy with it. However, I would need to add a SkyStar 2 and use it simulteneously from within one instance of DVBViewer. Basically, I want to be able to use DVBViewer as my HTPC and switch indifferently between my DVB-T and DVB-S channels, as well as simultaneously record of one or more sat channels while watching and/or recording one or more terrestrial channels. I would also like to schedule recordings from within the timeline view that would include timelines for both satellite and terrestrial channels.

Is there a way of doing this, or parts of it, already or will there be one in the foreseable furure?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Libor

Edited by libor
Guest Lars_MQ
Is there a way of doing this, or parts of it, already or will there be one in the foreseable furure?

ATM it's not possible. But B2C2 (the company who build the skystar & co chips) seem to be working on a BDA driver for the cards.

With BDA it should be possible to use more than one card. DVBViewer will most likely support this feature.

Sorry no concrete timeframe for now.

lars

• 1 year later...

Hello,

well I'm back asking a similar yet slightly different question... Thanks anyways for your response from last year! ;-)

I now have an AirStar2 running with DVBViewer which I think is far ahead of other apps in user friendliness and operability as HTPC SW.

I also have a SkyStar1 (probably full-featured, NOT the TwinHan clone). I have tried to search the forum for a clear answer but my German's too dusty for me to understand posts in German ;-).

So, to set it out clearly, I need to know:

- will DVBViewer run with two cards simultaneously? my setup is 1 B2C2 (AS2) card plus one SkyStar1 card

- will DVBViewer run with the TwinHan clone SkyStar1 only or is there a chance to make it work with a 1.5 SS1 as well (what I understood from the forum is that the answer is "NO", but the compatibility listing can be interpreted as "YES, without CI support")

Please be patient with me, I'm a full-blown noob. ;-)

Thanks again for your great piece of software and excellent support,

regards,

Libor

Guest Lars_MQ

Well Technisat has made some bad choices regarding the name Skystar1.

The Original Skystar1 a fullfeatured card will NOT work with DVBViewer in no combination.

The Skystar1 CI which is a completly different card (a budget Card -> Twinhan Clone) will work with the DVBViewer.

The easyest way to find out is the price I think ;)

The SkyStar 1 CI is <100€, and the CI Slot is directly on the card.

The old SkyStar 1 is about 200€, and only has got a conenctor for a CI module... (this is the one wich doesn´t work btw)