Advice Needed on SKY UK EPG

Neil__C

Hi all,

Sorry if this is obvious but I can't find it with search.

I have a FloppyDTV-S2 on Vista x64 andit's all working beautifully. The only problem I have is that the only EPG dat shown for the Sky UK package appears to be 'now and next' only. Clearly full EPG data exists within the streams somewhere. Is it possible to see the full EPG in DVBViewer without messing with external imports?

Regards

The person developing the tool in the DigitalSpy link I posted is working on incorporating the Sky data.

Personally I prefer this DigitalSpy tool over the Birtles tool for Freesat channels as the data seems to be more complete and can be loaded in DVBV pretty much in one click.

No use (yet) for pay Sky channels though, but as I don't subscribe that isn't an issue for me.

• 4 months later...
The person developing the tool in the DigitalSpy link I posted is working on incorporating the Sky data.

Personally I prefer this DigitalSpy tool over the Birtles tool for Freesat channels as the data seems to be more complete and can be loaded in DVBV pretty much in one click.

No use (yet) for pay Sky channels though, but as I don't subscribe that isn't an issue for me.

That person would be me and I have incorporated it into the Program.

You can download a copy over at digitalspy

I am not familiar with delphi so I can't write a plugin for this software.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for that.

I had got myself sorted with a Digiguide subscription and using xmltv gui and myxmltv. This gives me a complete Sky EPG in DVBViewer for 14+ days. Unfortunatley, the epg in DVBViewer has a genre filed which never gets anything in it. The reason that this is a problem is that I use DVBSBridge to ship my channels into media center. Media center now has a nice filtering thing in the epg (at the far left) called categories. I'm using a beta dll from DVBSbridge which transfers all DVBViewer epg data into media center. It works great and I have a really full epg in media center except that it doesn't pick up any categories.

I wonder if anyone know how to make the category information held in a xmltv xml file import into DVBViewer's epg as the genre?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

DJBlu has released an update to their OpenEPGtoXML prog that works for Sky UK and Sky IT - download here.