Auto hide Toolbar in full screen mode

weevil

I primarily use DVBViewer for watching TV in full screen mode on my desktop PC.

I’d like to have much simpler access to the favourites list. At the moment the favourites list is buried half way down the right click menu. I have to right click and then snake the mouse pointer down and across to access it.

It would be great if there was a View option to show the Toolbar, but to make it auto hide in full screen mode. So the toolbar would only appear if you moved the mouse pointer to the top of the screen.

In this auto hide mode you would not have to click on the Toolbar menus to open them, they would automatically open when you moused over them.

This way you get easy single click access to the favourites list and other menu functions without having to clutter the screen.

Keyboard shortcuts are great if you already have your hands on the keyboard. But if you are sitting back watching TV then the last thing you want to do is to have to look down at the keyboard and search out the key you need.

The whole point of the auto hide workflow is that you could do it without having to take your eyes from the screen.

I don’t have a remote.

Besides I hate having to fumble around, looking for keys or buttons on remotes. I just want a simple, elegant solution.

The idea I have suggested would allow me to change to any channel on my favourites with a single click and without making big changes to the interface.

If you don't need CI/CAM decryption, you may want to try DVBViewer GE (see members area, read the included ReadMe!). It provides a favourites sidebar in full screen mode - just move the mouse to the right edge.

After installation, you can copy your DVBViewer Pro channellist (channels.dat) from the DVBViewer Pro configuration folder to the DVBViewer GE configuration folder while DVBViewer GE is closed (see About resp. Info Menu in DVBViewer Pro/GE). Populate the DVBViewer GE favourites list by dragging & dropping the desired channels/categories from the channellist to the favourites window.

Wow!!!! That massively improves the interface. The official version needs something like this badly.

I do miss some of the other features from the official version though.

I did originally think of a sidebar for the original. But I thought that just adding a pin icon to the Menu would be a very simple change to implement.

• 5 weeks later...