DVBViewer Pro, Technisat skystar HD2 & diseqc 1.1

petasis

Hi all,

I have bought a skystar HD2 a month now, and I am unable to control part of my satellite installation with it.

Techinsat technical support is not helpful at all, and I don't know what else to do. It all comes down to:

Does the skystar HD2 support diseqc 1.1? Technisat said it does, but I cannot make it work...

The dish is a wavefrontier T90, with 8 LNBs, installed by a professional installator.

All 8 LNBs are connected to a 8->1 switch from maximum. The switch is this:

http://www.kjaerulff1.com/catid.216/pid.796/82.aspx

The manual that came with the switch claims that the switch supports diseqc 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2:

http://www.ellogon.org/~petasis/nova/Diseq...tch-English.png

Now with DVBViewer: I can see the first 4 switch inputs with diseqc 1.0.

All my attempts with diseqc 1.1 failed. And with diseqc 1.2 I had mixed results.

Using diseqc 1.2, I declared the switch as a "positioner". I was able to see the inputs from 5-8, but it was really unstable.

I was able to see input 5 using "position 5" for example, without storing anything in this position. But it was impossible to see inputs 1-4, no matter what "position" I selected.

Then I tried to build a "mixed" channel list: the 4 first satellites using diseqc 1.0, and the last 4 using diseqc 1.2. It worked partially: I was able to switch channels inside a "group" (i.e. the first 4), but I had to restart DVBViewer to tune channels from the second "group". Once I used diseqc 1.0, diseqc 1.2 stopped working, and the opposite.

So, my final test was to use diseqc 1.1. As there is no support for this in DVBViewer, I used the diseqc editor.

Taking as starting point the post:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry116033

I tried to setup a command to see LNB 8. All my attempts failed. No matter what uncommitted switch command I used, I could switch only the first 4 inputs.

I am out of ideas :bye: Does anybody know a solution?

What may be the problem? Is it DVBViewer? Is it the drivers? (driver details: Technisat Mantis BDA HID Device version 1.0.1.5, Technisat Mantis BDA Receiver 1.1.0.402, all date 25/1/2008), Is it the hardware?

Is skystar HD2 a good card? Maybe it was a wrong choice and I should buy something better?

Its a pity to have 8 lnbs and be able to see only four of them... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the solution was simple: I used as DiseqC the value "Use Positioner", and in the USALS entry beneath the values:

• INPUT 1 -> Position 0
  • INPUT 2 -> Position 1
  • INPUT 3 -> Position 2
  • INPUT 4 -> Position 3
  • INPUT 5 -> Position 4
  • INPUT 6 -> Position 5
  • INPUT 7 -> Position 6
  • INPUT 8 -> Position 7

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I did what you wrote in the last post.

It works. DVBViewer can find all 8 satellite and can scan as well.

When I change channels from one satellite to the another I can see nothing only that the quality is strong enough.

After restarting DVBViewer starting with the last channel everithing ok.

It means for me any time when I change satellite I should restart DVBViewer.

Does it happend with you?

How did you solve it?

thx,

wh

• 9 months later...