TT3200 and Transedit - trying to evaluate the software

Satellite User

I read the FAQ on this site and it says use Transedit as it is as much of a program demo as what is available

for DVBViewer without having to buy the software.

I have a TT-3200 card and I'm using Transedit to try to evaluate things before I purchase

DVBViewer.

I can see a few topics contain TT-3200 so it tells me it should work, but I can't find any evidence

while using Transedit.

In transedit, I go to the hardware tab and my TT-3200 isn't listed. I select "scan devices" and

my TT-3200 doesn't show up.

I know my TT-3200 is installed and working as I can access it and tune signals using TSReader,

so I can't figure out why Transedit is not showing my TT-3200 (and why it doesn't tune

when I ignore the fact the TT-3200 isn't showing up in the hardware tab).

Thanks for any help or tips. I just want some assurance the TT-3200 card will work fine

when I buy the software and I am just not seeing it right now with the "demo" transedit

program.

Edited by Satellite User

If you are using TSReader you have most likely installed the WDM driver. You need the BDA driver to get it working with TransEdit/DVBViewer. TT-budget S2-3200 works like a charm with DVBViewer.

If you are using TSReader you have most likely installed the WDM driver. You need the BDA driver to get it working with TransEdit/DVBViewer. TT-budget S2-3200 works like a charm with DVBViewer.

thanks for the idea. Are the TT-3200 BDA drivers currently in on the Technotrend site known to be good to use or should I use the older BDA driver on my installation CD?

installing the BDA driver made transedit work.

Now, a stupid question. How can I install TT-3200's BDA and WDM drivers - other than separate bootup profiles?

I know TSREADER is good for some things and the person who told me about DVBViewer says it's good for other things, so in theory I would like to be able to buy DVBViewer and set things up to use either one with just a config setting change (to make the driver active for whatever program I want to use at the time).

I tried installing both drivers to try to have the best of both worlds, but when I did that, one type of driver worked and the other didn't (even when I disabled the device for WDM to try to use BDA, or vice versa, for example).

If dual-boot profile (one profile boots up with BDA active, one profile boots up with WDM active) is the only way to go, okay, but I"m hoping there is another solution so I can use the same bootup profile and then disable devices or drivers depending on which one I want.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all

I'm using a TTbudget S2-3200 and it doesn't work with DVBViewer.

The card is properly installed (infact I can see the satellite channel with DVBdream, but no HD channel), but with DVBViewer I always get black screen.

i read you installed the BDA driver 5.0.0.19 but the link doesn't work.

I also read you need the supporttool file, so i attached it, hoping you can help me

best regards

support.zip

EDIT:

Now it works, but.

1) Which codec are the best for H264 video? Now I'm using Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8)

2) I'm tring to use my remote, I downloaded and use the tt remote plugin, but I don't know how to set it. Is there a list of command I can upload and use with DVBViewer?

Thanks

Bye