HTPC mode?

FcbForever

Hi all,

hope you can help. I am looking to run DVBViewer in HTPC mode - but i do not have the "HTPC-mode" button in the optionsscreen.

What can i do to start it in HTPC mode?

Thanks...

Hi all,

hope you can help. I am looking to run DVBViewer in HTPC mode - but i do not have the "HTPC-mode" button in the optionsscreen.

What can i do to start it in HTPC mode?

Thanks...

After starting up DVBViewer, did you try pressing "esc" key?

What's should the "HTPC mode" look like, in your eyes?

To use DVBViewer on a HTPC you should enable OSD (and install a OSD skin that fitts your needs), then it should pop up when pressing ESC, or whatever button you set in the options menue. Furthermore you should enable DVBViewer to stay in front, start in fullscreen and maybe prevent screensaver.

That's OSD Mediacenter page, you can define a button for that. Or just press ESC and select "Media Center" in the OSD Menue. What you see there and on the following three pictures are just different OSD Menus with the default osd skin.

That's OSD Mediacenter page, you can define a button for that. Or just press ESC and select "Media Center" in the OSD Menue. What you see there and on the following three pictures are just different OSD Menus with the default osd skin.

Nothing happens when i press esc. And how do i install skins?

Firstly try to uninstall and reinstall DVBViewer but being sure you where logged in your PC with full administrative rights.

Then go in "Settings / Options... / General" and do check "Full Screen Always On Top" and "Start In Full Screen Mode".

Check also in "Settings / Options... / OSD General" that "Disable OSD" is unchecked...

Finally, create a link to DVBViewer.exe on the desktop and add two command to the command line in this way:

- right click on the new link icon you have created on the desktop right now and choice "Properties" from the little menu that pop-ups

- change the line "Destination" (or something like this, I have an Italian XP) from "C:\Programs\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" to "C:\Programs\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe -c -x2110"

That's all, with this icon DVBViewer starts in HTPC mode... (to return in windowed mode right click on the screen, left click on "View" and "Fullscreen")

FYI, you can add many command to the DVBViewer command line, you find them all in the "action.ini" file stored in the DVBViewer main folder; you can also create as many different icons you want with different command: if DVBViewer is already running, the command where executed by the current DVBViewer...

;)

Did you change the input settings? Just have a look there, if ESC is bound to OSD Menue or just bind a key to OSD Media Center.

Skins are just extracted into subfolders of the OSDSkins folder. Did you delete the default skin there? You can see which skins are installed in Options->OSD in DVBViewer and select the one you want to use.

Edited by Moses
Did you change the input settings? Just have a look there, if ESC is bound to OSD Menue or just bind a key to OSD Media Center.

Skins are just extracted into subfolders of the OSDSkins folder. Did you delete the default skin there? You can see which skins are installed in Options->OSD in DVBViewer and select the one you want to use.

I didt change anything. Sorry but now the ESC key works. Maybe it was because i tried without the card in the CAM ;) ;)

Thanks all...

that's renderer dependent. With Overlay renderer OSD should always work, with VRM or EVR there needs to be a working stream for OSD to work. ;)

That's one of the reasons why I use Overlay (drawbacks are no transparency in OSD and problems with multi monitor) and tend to forget that issue with other renderers.

Edited by Moses