better channel navigation / information in the OSD

zeflash

Hi, I was wondering if at some point in the future we could have an option to display the channel number in the multiple places of the OSD windows that show channels (now playing, timeline, channels, etc).

I have quite a lot of channels, and everyone in the family still don't know where is what.

If I had the channel index showing along the channel name in the timeline / now playing / channels it would help memorizing it, as we go from one channel to the other mostly in those pages.

Concurrently, the ability to "jump" to a specific channel number by entering the number in those OSD screens would be very welcome. Going from 1 to 180 just by going down is really, really slow. And given the Now OSD screen doesn't move its selection to the currently playing channel, well it's a mess.

You could add this functionality by yourself by editing the OSD Skin to meet your needs.

For scrolling there are two things:

first is, you can map OSD next/previous to some buttons. That is equal to a page up/down in OSD-lists.

when it comes to editing the osd skin, then there is another thing you could do/try: you can set the list to be in some "standalone"-mode. That means OSD Left/right will be page Up/Down, too. The consequence of that mode is that you can't ever leave a list. So you need to edit the OSD screens a bit more, so that there are no controls except for that list and you'll need to map a button for all the commands you'll need to remove.