Diseqc 1.2 motor drive

joaortnt

hi guys!

can you tell me a tutorial "how to raw diseqc" code?

my problem is: i've motor dish, i can move the motor only wen i "scan" a satellite (go to angular), so if i change the channel like hotbird to hispasat the dish don't move at all.

the "positioner" in "Edit diseqc" over the channel editor menu, how many steps shod i use? how can i know when is satellite retched ? were is the quality/strong link bar?

how can i configure the program to move the dish wen channel change?

and another thing, using the scan (go to angular) it only works with hotbird, astra 19.2 and hispasat. the other satelites i've got to use a neotion box to move it because the "go to angular" dont send the dish to correct position.

hi guys!

can you tell me a tutorial "how to raw diseqc" code?

my problem is: i've motor dish, i can move the motor only wen i "scan" a satellite (go to angular), so if i change the channel like hotbird to hispasat the dish don't move at all.

the "positioner" in "Edit diseqc" over the channel editor menu, how many steps shod i use? how can i know when is satellite retched ? were is the quality/strong link bar?

how can i configure the program to move the dish wen channel change?

and another thing, using the scan (go to angular) it only works with hotbird, astra 19.2 and hispasat. the other satelites i've got to use a neotion box to move it because the "go to angular" dont send the dish to correct position.

I also found out this problem, seems that DVBV is not very good at moving the motor without doing some work first, looks like a bug with the west sats. What you need to do is make sure your longitude and latitude are correct for your location, you will need a program called diseqc.exe to give you the commands for whichever sats you want to store. What I did was to start at 1w for position 1 and then worked my way out over all other westerly sats. Once you have the command string from diseqc.exe pick a number in the list from the edit diseqc, and enter the details on the right side.

Once you have given each position a command string and description, then when you want to scan a transponder on the given sat, just use channel scan and instead of use angular pick command string, and then the sat from your list that you created. It should drive the dish and scan, although it scans as it moves the dish so you will have to wait for the dish to reach it's destination and scan again.

Once you have done this then DVBV should move the dish automatically when you select the newly scanned channel from now on, works ok with mine.

Vondoogle

I also found out this problem, seems that DVBV is not very good at moving the motor without doing some work first, looks like a bug with the west sats. What you need to do is make sure your longitude and latitude are correct for your location, you will need a program called diseqc.exe to give you the commands for whichever sats you want to store. What I did was to start at 1w for position 1 and then worked my way out over all other westerly sats. Once you have the command string from diseqc.exe pick a number in the list from the edit diseqc, and enter the details on the right side.

Once you have given each position a command string and description, then when you want to scan a transponder on the given sat, just use channel scan and instead of use angular pick command string, and then the sat from your list that you created. It should drive the dish and scan, although it scans as it moves the dish so you will have to wait for the dish to reach it's destination and scan again.

Once you have done this then DVBV should move the dish automatically when you select the newly scanned channel from now on, works ok with mine.

Vondoogle

i've tried to find that program but i cannot find it. can you give me the link of ?

another thing, i'm using a skystar HD 2 that program works for me?

Thks

Edited by joaortnt

Well I have the latest version, 3.9.4 and it drives the dish east when you would expect it to go west, ie from 1w to 30w the program drives the dish east for me! The only way for me to get it working is to use command string for west sats, goto angular is fine with the east sats only.

Vondoogle

• 4 weeks later...
Well I have the latest version, 3.9.4 and it drives the dish east when you would expect it to go west, ie from 1w to 30w the program drives the dish east for me! The only way for me to get it working is to use command string for west sats, goto angular is fine with the east sats only.

Vondoogle

Vondoogle,

Tried command strings in DVBViewer3.9.2 borrowed from ALTDVB2.2, but unfortunately got no action in motor. Is the format different for DVBViewer? Using GotoAngle and GotoPositionNumber works randomly in DVBViever in my system (Stab hh 120). Sometimes works well, sometimes doesn't.

Rotor command strings added to DVBViever according to ALTDVB

1 Astra 1B-1H 19,2e E0 31 6E D0 64

2 Eutelsat W3 7,1e E0 31 6E D1 35

3 Astra 3A 23,5e E0 31 6E D0 1A

4 Eurobird 28,2e E0 31 6E E0 37

5 Eutelsat Sesat 36,0e E0 31 6E E0 BE

6 Thor 1 0,8w E0 31 6E D1 BD

7 Astra 1A Sirius 5,0e E0 31 6E D1 5A

8 Hotbird 1 - 5 13,3e E0 31 6E D0 CA

9 Eurobird3 33,0e E0 31 6E E0 8A

10 AtlanticBird3 5,0w E0 31 6E D2 05

11 AtlanticBird2 7,9w E0 31 6E D2 37

12 Hispasat1A 30,0w E0 31 6E D3 AB

13 AtlanticBird1 12,5w E0 31 6E D2 85

14 Eurobird9 9,0e E0 31 6E D1 15

15 Badr C 26,2e E0 31 6E E0 15

16 Eutelsat W2 16,4e E0 31 6E D0 95

Framing: E0 = normal value = retransmission type

Address: 31 = normal rotation

Command: 6E = drive motor to angular position

Data: xx xx (hexadesimal)

Vondoogle,

Is the format different for DVBViewer?

The command strings need to be enclosed in square brackets when entered into DVBViewer.

From your table above Astra 19.2 would be entered as [E0 31 6E D0 64]

p.s. and don't forget to set 'retune on missing stream' in Options\Hardware to something like 3 secs, otherwise the station will not tune when the dish reaches the sat.

hth

Edited by mr_chaela
The command strings need to be enclosed in square brackets when entered into DVBViewer.

From your table above Astra 19.2 would be entered as [E0 31 6E D0 64]

p.s. and don't forget to set 'retune on missing stream' in Options\Hardware to something like 3 secs, otherwise the station will not tune when the dish reaches the sat.

hth

Thanx mr_chaela,

now turning with scripts works!

But unfortunately not more reliably than "GotoAngle" or "GotoPosition". Must study more?

Turning the rotor works nearly perfectly using a Twinhan 1020a card (DVB-S), but often the rotor refuses to respond when using an Azurewave DVB-S2 card?

redu

Thanx mr_chaela,

But unfortunately not more reliably than "GotoAngle" or "GotoPosition". Must study more?

Turning the rotor works nearly perfectly using a Twinhan 1020a card (DVB-S), but often the rotor refuses to respond when using an Azurewave DVB-S2 card?

redu

Played my rotor using Azurewave-DVBS2-card + Stab-hh120 rotor + DVBViewer9.2.

Problem issue example:

Turning from 19.2e to 23.5e. It works.

Turning back to 19.2e. No luck!

But I worked out a solution: Turned first to 13e, and then to 19.2e. Succeeded.

Strange enough! One can solve rotor issues by using intermediate positions! Will see how this technique works in future? My 23.5e problems earlier, using different software and different rotors actually were about similar. Problems were that time solved by using ALTDVB DiseqC-console and a command to drive raw to 19.2e.

Is this 23.5e issue a common "feature"? What about dektop receivers with DiseqC1.2 and usals?

redu

Thanx mr_chaela,

redu

My Azurewave DVB-S2 card (TwinHan 1041 CI) perfectly works with "GotoPosition" (The motor should be programmed first). The "GotoAngle" and  "scripts" unfortunately does not work. With one of my Ku LBN rotor works only in bottom Ku band, it does not depend from polarisation.

Edited by evgen_ln
  • 2 weeks later...
Vondoogle,

Tried command strings in DVBViewer3.9.2 borrowed from ALTDVB2.2, but unfortunately got no action in motor. Is the format different for DVBViewer? Using GotoAngle and GotoPositionNumber works randomly in DVBViever in my system (Stab hh 120). Sometimes works well, sometimes doesn't.

2 Eutelsat W3 7,1e E0 31 6E D1 35

3 Astra 3A 23,5e E0 31 6E D0 1A

4 Eurobird 28,2e E0 31 6E E0 37

5 Eutelsat Sesat 36,0e E0 31 6E E0 BE

6 Thor 1 0,8w E0 31 6E D1 BD

7 Astra 1A Sirius 5,0e E0 31 6E D1 5A

8 Hotbird 1 - 5 13,3e E0 31 6E D0 CA

9 Eurobird3 33,0e E0 31 6E E0 8A

10 AtlanticBird3 5,0w E0 31 6E D2 05

11 AtlanticBird2 7,9w E0 31 6E D2 37

12 Hispasat1A 30,0w E0 31 6E D3 AB

13 AtlanticBird1 12,5w E0 31 6E D2 85

14 Eurobird9 9,0e E0 31 6E D1 15

15 Badr C 26,2e E0 31 6E E0 15

16 Eutelsat W2 16,4e E0 31 6E D0 95

Framing: E0 = normal value = retransmission type

Address: 31 = normal rotation

Command: 6E = drive motor to angular position

Data: xx xx (hexadesimal)

Man, belive it or not, i steel can't do it :S

Can you give me the disqc for my position?

N40º 08' 48" W8º 24' 21"