Two FloppyDTV-C with two DVBViewer problem

majstang

Hi!

Have searched the forum and didn't find anything that could help me. I have two FloppyDTVs and two CAMs with two cards. I want to run two DVBViewer applications, one for each FloppyDTV-C making it possible to watch two different channels at the same time and watching a channel and record an another at the same time. I have followed the instructions found on this forum and installed one DVBViewerapplication in two separate folders and have changed the root in UserMode.ini so the applications doesn't share the same folder.

I run both applications with different codecs, renderes and soundcards to eliminate the possibility of codecinterference and such. I have reinstalled drivers for both FloppyDTV cards and in trhe FireDTV support tool the status for each card says ok.

I'm abled to run two DVBviewers at the same time now, BUT there's only sound and picture in one of the applicatios (the first one of the two I start). The second one is black and have no sound. In Options-->Hardware for the first DVBViewer i have choosen the first FlireDTV as preferred and all the others are "do not use". The second one have the other FlireDTV preferred and everything else is "do not use". Every other Hardware options are in default setting.

Can't simply get it to work as supposed to. What should I do? Any suggestions?

You don't need two DVBViewer instances for doing this. DVBViewer supports using two or more devices in a single instance.

Hi Griga!

Thanks for your help! This approach only takes care of watching one channel and recording an another at the same time and it works very well, thanks! My initial thought was to test if there was a way to whatch two different channels at the same time enabling me to watch different channels on both my TV's connected to one HTPC simultaineously...running one DVBViewer at the main desktop and an another DVBViewer at the extended desktop (I also have two separate graphicscards which gives me the opportunity to run one application with each graphiccard). Maybe there's no way to accomplish this? First I would like to get two instances of DVBViewer to work anyhow...if it is possible of course ;)

Maybe this possibility was removed in the newest DVBViewer, cuz I know it was possible to do it before?

Edited by majstang
Maybe this possibility was removed in the newest DVBViewer

No, as far as I know. Does the second instance report something like "hardware not available" after tuning a channel? Have a look at View -> Filters -> DVB Source when there is no video & audio. What do you see in the Video/Audio State lines?

Here I can run DVBViewer Pro plus DVBViewer GE (or TransEdit for scanning) at the same time (on the same desktop) without problems. They automatically use different devices, because a kind of internal communication tells each instance which device is already occupied. I don't have to set devices to "Do not use".

Does the second instance report something like "hardware not available" after tuning a channel? Have a look at View -> Filters -> DVB Source when there is no video & audio. What do you see in the Video/Audio State lines?

No it do not report "Hardware not available" unless you choose the same FireDTV as preferred for both DVBViewer instances. Starting DVBViewer1 with perfect audio/video and then starts DVBViewer2 with no audio/video and then checks View->Filters->DVBSource in DVBViewer2 reports No Data/Connected for both Video and Audio State.

I did noticed however both DVBViewer instances shares MPEG Audio Decoder when checking active filters, maybe this is the problem? Don't know how to inactivate MPEG Audio Decoder in Windows XP.

I'll test if I get the same result with DVBViewer GE as second instance instead...but prefer running the Pro version on both instances.

Edited by majstang

MPEG Audio Decoder should not be used at all when checking filters. I'm using NVIDIA for both Video and Audio (CoreAVC for H.264) on the first DVBViewer instance and Cyberlinks decoders for Video/Audio in the second instance. Don't know why MPEG Audio Decoder shows up at all.

Edited by majstang
and then starts DVBViewer2 with no audio/video and then checks View->Filters->DVBSource in DVBViewer2 reports No Data/Connected for both Video and Audio State.

Which means, DVBViewer2 doesn't get data from the driver. I wonder why... usually two FireDTV/FloppyDTV devices should work in two DVBViewer instances. Some time ago a FireDTV-S and a FireDTV-S2 did it here quite happily. What happens when DVBViewer2 is running alone, without DVBViewer1?

I did noticed however both DVBViewer instances shares MPEG Audio Decoder when checking active filters, maybe this is the problem?

I don't think so. Most DirectShow filters are able to do their job in two or even more instances at the same time. So I wouldn't bother too much about that. NVidia audio is known to be problematic, and people in the German section of the forum reported that the Cyberlink PowerDVD8 decoders are refusing to work in other applications - maybe that's why they won't connect to the DVB Source, and DVBViewer has to use another decoder, dunno.

You may want to try AC3Filter for MPEG and AC3 audio in both instances - it's known to work well in DVBViewer, and I've already used it several times in two instances at the same time without any problems. However, that's not the source of the trouble with DVBViewer2, as far as I can see...

What happens when DVBViewer2 is running alone, without DVBViewer1?

You may want to try for MPEG and AC3 audio in both instances - it's known to work well in DVBViewer, and I've already used it several times in two instances at the same time without any problems. However, that's not the source of the trouble with DVBViewer2, as far as I can see...

DVBViewer 2 runs fine alone...no problem there.

Choosing AC3Filter made MPEG Audio Decoder go away in both instances when checking filters. No change however regarding the main issue when changing audiodecoder, which you suspected.

Also tried to run DVBViewer GE as second instance, but the version I did find was only in German. Trying to change language was not possible and therfore this application is no option for me. Searched the downloadsite for possible language plugins but no luck. Hmm...I'm stuck here without a clue what to do. Maybe it's best to start over with a clean copy of Windows :bye:

Trying to change language was not possible and therfore this application is no option for me.

English is the DVBViewer GE default language. You didn't read the included ReadMe, that's all :bye:

im trying to use two DVBViewer pro , have set the usermode.ini to diffrent profiles and path. Renamed DVBViewer folder på dvbviewer1..and 2.

Have set my two technotrend c-1500, c-1501 to only be used on each instance of DVBViewer. But the problem is when i start the second instance it says "no hardware found"..

it seems to always be using my "first" dvb device..even tho ive set it to do not use on each instance.. any ideas?

English is the DVBViewer GE default language. You didn't read the included ReadMe, that's all :)

Hi Griga!

:wacko: Yes...that's what happens when not following instructions...missed the ReadME completly ;)

This DVBViewer GE is the damndest thing. I'm very puzzled right now. Spending several hours trying to get the GE version to work with my FloppyDTVs getting nowhere. Suddenly I got it to work partial with one of my cards. I can watch two channels with card 1 (National Geographic HD with sound and Swedish Television Childrenchannel without sound). Every other channel is completly dead reporting No Data/Connected. Changing hardware to card 2 I can't get a single channel to work. DVBViewer Pro works flawless with both cards. When getting one channel to work with DVBViewer GE I tried to start DVBViewer Pro and suddenly IT WORKED....two different channels appeared at the same time on a single desktop. So glad it works :rotfl:

BUT what shall I do with DVBViewer GE not getting more than one channel to work? I have tried all my different audio/video-renderers, codecs in several different combinations and experimenting with other settings in both Hardware and General options. Can't simply get more then one channel to work properly on card 1. Would be nice to get both cards to play nice with DVBViewer GE :oops: Any suggestions?

Edited by majstang
Every other channel is completly dead reporting No Data/Connected.

Are the other channels encrypted? Or with other words, do you use a CI/CAM for decryption?

@Peon: Do both cards work in one DVBViewer instance, e.g. when you try to watch one channel and record another one with a different frequency (important!) at the same time?

Are the other channels encrypted? Or with other words, do you use a CI/CAM for decryption?

Yes, I use one Conax CAM for each card. Yes all the other channels are encrypted and National Geographic HD/SVT Children as well. That is the puzzeling thing when not even free to air channels work. Howcome could two encrypted channels work out of the blue like that when the rest is dead? Something goes very wrong in the decryptionprocess with DVBViewer GE....

Edited by majstang
Something goes very wrong in the decryptionprocess with DVBViewer GE....

You didn't read the ReadMe - even boldface is not enough for you:

Please note: DVBViewer GE does not support decryping channels with a CI/CAM.

Well, I guess the CI/CAM is the source of the two-instances-trouble. But I can't help you with this - not my thing, as you can see in DVBViewer GE :) Maybe Lars (DVBViewer Pro dev) can say more about it.

And in future, if there is a ReadMe, read it! Don't make the same mistake again and again.

@Peon: Do both cards work in one DVBViewer instance, e.g. when you try to watch one channel and record another one with a different frequency (important!) at the same time?

No not while recording because the plugin im using only "connects" to one card. But both cards do work without any problems if i use them seperate. For ex DVBViewer and progdvb works really good.. So thats why i want to use two instance of DVBViewer pro, one for record channel and on for live tv..

Seems to be that DVBViewer locks both my dvb card even if i try "do not use" on one off them

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

You didn't read the ReadMe - even boldface is not enough for you:

Well, I guess the CI/CAM is the source of the two-instances-trouble. But I can't help you with this - not my thing, as you can see in DVBViewer GE :) Maybe Lars (DVBViewer Pro dev) can say more about it.

And in future, if there is a ReadMe, read it! Don't make the same mistake again and again.

That wasn't very nice, but point taken. Strange that DVBViewer GE doesn't work with encrypted channels....I somehow did take that for granted...for me this is the whole point with DVBViewer in the first place.

I managed to solve my own problem with not getting two instances of DVBViiewer Pro to work with my two FloppyDTVs (with two CAMs) making it possible vieweing two channels at the same time in the same desktop. Simply deleting both FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC in Options-->Hardware and manually scanning Devices did the trick. Left all setting at default (both devices/cards are now set to "Normal" and not "do not use" and "preferred" as earlier).

Edited by majstang

Hi!

I have a slightly different question. I wonder if it is possible to change name on the DVBViewer window where it says "DVBViewer" in the blue boarder to DVBViewer2? Changing name on the DVBViewer.exe file only changes the name on the minimized button on Taskbar and not the active window itself on desktop.

Maybe there's an easy way to do it, but I suspect you must have the sourcecode to accomplish this?

Regards

Majstang