Little improvements.

Guest Faber

Hi,

best luck for this new web site!

Suggestions for next releases:

- AVI recording (yes, I know it takes GHz...)

- DVB->MPEG2 conversion utility (w/o recompression, of course)

- PC shutdown after recording

- better A/V sync (let's hope SVCD recording will fix this problem)

Thanx for this great SW!

Guest hackbart

Hi,

1. the first thing first: Avi won't be added that soon, sorry but it takes too much power at the moment .

2. in the next version it is no longer needed, because i completed my multiplexer (which works nearly perfect). So these A/V sync problems are luckily history.

3. this one is also already implemented.

I'll post a what is the current status in the News and Announcement's.

Christian

Hello,

Mulitplex and A/V synchronous

I am using TMEPG for multiplexing. It is working fine, if the file is not segmented. But anyway it is not necessary, because I am recording on ntfs (Windows NT/2000/XP) file system. Otherwise I can not add the second segment. Files are not synchron if the signal is not strong enough. The indicator at the bottom line. It should always at the green may be partly at the yellow level. On the other hand you can resynchronize the multiplexed MPEG 2 programm stream by using PVAStrumento. Please look at www.offeryn.de. But if the stream is to terrible, at my experience, it doesn`t always working good.

SVCD

I propose to record the stream as it is. In this case we can expect the best quality as we can get. Short movie I burn on CD in the mpeg 2 format MP@ML this is 720x576 PAL and so on. For longer movies I convert it to AVI, DIVX5 and MP3. This takes a longer time, but the quality is better then on the SVCD format. But it is not usable at DVD-PLayers. May be in future the MP4 file format would be.

Have success

hello and greetings to christian,

i use DVBViewer since version 1.6 and i have to recognize that it was improved version by version. great thing!

I´m really hungry for the next version, especially for the svcd recording and multiplexing, because this was a big problem.

cu

cybercop