UK Freesat 1 week EPG

uglyned

Just a quick request about including UK Freesat EPG.

It looks like the decode tables for UK freesat EPG are now freely available so wondered if this could be included in DVBViewer - specifically the recording service which would then in many ways mirror the operation of Sky+ in the UK.

I have the tables if you want them. They're available on the internet though (that's where I got them from). EPG data is broadcast FTA so can't see any laws being broken.

There are tools around now that will download freesat EPG data and save it as an XML file but as EPG data is broadcast on every freesat transponder it would be really nice if DVBViewer recording server updated itself dynamically to cope with overruns of live broadcasts and use series link data.

Hope you can help and thanks for the great recording service, it rocks my TV world!

ned.

Well the first thing I would need is a tranponderdump of about 30 seconds of a transponder with this stuff on it, so can take a look at it :bye:

Mind you, I just look at it, I don't promise anything!

Well the first thing I would need is a tranponderdump of about 30 seconds of a transponder with this stuff on it, so can take a look at it :bye:

Mind you, I just look at it, I don't promise anything!

I would be at least a bit cautious with the wording 'freely available'. I saw a posting of the full compression table but this was extracted from some SetTop Box firmware. Maybe the copyright owner will not consider this exacly as 'freely available'...

For the Dump: Just go on the 'Brit Shorts' Transponder and Dump PID 0xbbb - content format ist SIT EIT only texts. But I think you know... In addition there is a list of around 50,000 compressed text dumps collected over the last months here (20081013 freesat_20081013.gz, just a Hexdump of the compressed data line by line).

Jochen

Ah yeah I saw that it disappeared. Maybe someone will be able to lend us ome of the tables they've made ....

I'll do a TP dump and upload it, maybe at the weekend.

It's broadcast every 30 seconds on the transponder with brit shorts on and every 30 minutes on every other freesat transponder.

I'm not sure of all the technical words in your posts so I might just have to do a TP dump from Video recorder plugin, although that might be big.

Thanks for reading!

ned.

Hello again!

Many thanks for the speedy update in DVBViewer beta which now includes Freesat EPG data.

You may be planning this already but I thought I would ask just in case - please could you incorporate the EPG update into the recording service? That way the service can update the EPG regularly as it knows when the DVB card is free as it organises the timer.

I was also wondering about the search facility in Recording service. Is there any way I can make searches 'automatic', similar to how the EPGPlus plugin works? It's a very clever feature. For example, here in the UK, say I really like EastEnders (I don't, it's rubbish, but it's a good example). If I say to the recording service that I like programmes with 'eastenders' in the title and that it should record them automatically, then assuming that it is also updating the EPG, that's all I have to do. Eastenders is a soap opera that is on many times every week and will probably never end so recording service would now just record it every time it's on. It's like a clever alternative to 'series link' and makes sure I never miss the shows I like.

Also I wondered if you were planning to do any real clever PVR stuff using the freesat EPG? For instance if I have a show in the timer that I want to record but in an EPG update its start time has changed due to schedule changes, could the recording service automatically update the timer so I don't miss it?

If you've got this far, thanks for reading. I know this is a lot to ask, it's a wishlist really. I want to say thanks for what is a great system already.

Let me know if I can help at all, if you plan to do any of this. I guess you don't need the TP dumps now as you can already read freesat EPG now.

Ned.