AAC Audio

remlap

Hi, I have just discovered a new channel on 9e called BebeTV HD.

It uses AAC audio yet I do not have any AAC filters chooseable in DVBViewer yet I can play a recorded TS fine in Media Player Classic which uses a filter called "AAC Decoder"

How can I add this to DVBViewer

Thanks

• Like 2

Please provide a sample. LATM or ADTS AAC, stream type in the PMT?

ADTS live playback was most likely broken in DVBSource 3.2.0, maybe still hindered in 3.2.1 (can't test it), so try the internal 3.2.2, that will be released soon.

It's working now with DVBViewer Filter 3.2.2 and the libfaad2 Wrapper Filter, as confirmed by Derrick.

I do not have any AAC filters chooseable in DVBViewer yet I can play a recorded TS fine in Media Player Classic which uses a filter called "AAC Decoder"

DVBViewer only lists AAC decoders that support LATM AAC (a modern AAC stream type broadcasted in several countries) and that are usable for TV/Radio playback with the DVBViewer Filter. BebeTV HD comes with the older ADTS AAC type - a different kind of packaging the audio data, mainly used in East Asia. Thus it is hard to find a test channel that can be received here.

No, if you are not able to read carefully...

You'll have to use the libfaad2 wrapper as decoder. It supports LATM and ADTS AAC.

Nope nothing will work, it will default to my Cyberlink Audio Decoder even if I select libfaad2.