How to Create Thumbnails for ISO movies?

entrecour

I searched the manual, faq, and forum but couldn't find anything on this problem.

I have tried creating thumbnails for some iso movies but the image does not display. I am using the same file name as the iso e.g. move.jpg & movie.iso. Both are in the same folder. All I get in the video large icon view is a grey cube (conncinity 3D OSD skin) for each iso movie.

Any ideas what else I should do to get the images to display?

Thanks.

Has anyone got this working? Is this a know bug or is this a setup issue?

I'm not sure about .iso. But with mkv and other videos you must name the picture

as "folder.jpg" I think the same will do it for iso. Create a folder for each iso and place the picture named as "folder.jpg" into this folder.

Note: the name of the picture must be "folder.jpg" and not the name of the folder (and not .jpeg)

regards

Devastation

you can name it like the file only with the jpg extention. Example: my_movie.ts -> my_movie.jpg. Or if you have several file which should get the same picture, you name it folder.jpg...

All my iso's are in the same directory and have different names. I have tried with movie.iso and movie.jpg in the same directory. The movie directory is listed in the vitual path and after hitting "Generate Thumbnails from selected Virtualpaths" the image is not shown but the iso is symbolised by a grey cube.

Edited by entrecour
Example: my_movie.ts -> my_movie.jpg. Or if you have several file which should get the same picture, you name it folder.jpg...

Just testet and yes it works, I didnt know this. Now I can store my vids in one folder. Good. I only knew from the folder.jpg from a discussion about DVD-Files on the HD.

For the iso: maybe it doesn't work because its iso? iso is not a video-file. Or is it no difference for DVB-V?

Greetings

For the iso: maybe it doesn't work because its iso? iso is not a video-file. Or is it no difference for DVB-V?

I tested with a .wmv file and it works fine so it does seem to be a problem specifically with iso's. The iso's appear in the list and I can play them (DT mounts the iso), but the image is not displayed.

Lars, is this something that be can fixed in a future update of DVBV?

Thanks.