EPG empty

Hodor

DVBViewer cannot show the EPG for certain channels. Also MediaPortal have this very same problem. Here in Denmark, the provider YouSee have bundled the 4 free danish channels on the same transponder (DR1, DR Update, DR2 and TV2). Most software cannot detect any EPG on this transponder.

I've made a screenshot showing the empty EPG for a certain channel.

dvbviewer_epg.JPG

Imagine my suprise that the DVB-shop viewer shows EPG for this troublesome transponder. AFAIK its based on an older DVBViewer engine.

dvbshop_epg.JPG

support.zip

Edited by Hodor

You should do a complete rescan. I'm quite sure this would solve the problem with your missing epg. Further on try to enable the EPG scan.

Christian

You should do a complete rescan. I'm quite sure this would solve the problem with your missing epg. Further on try to enable the EPG scan.

Christian

I did an entire channel rescan with no luck. Still no EPG. Then I tried to delete the channels.dat before the rescan, but also without luck.

Also FireDTV viewer that is bundled with Digital-Everywhere devices (FireDTV/FloppyDTV) shows the EPG for this mux. That is also an old DVBViewer I think.

Hi

I am a new DVBViewer user, and I am very fund of the program. -BUT I have extactly the same problems here in Denmark with showing the EPG for exactly the same channels as Hodor. I have also made a total rescan but nothing helps.

Can anyone (the DVBViewer crue) take care of this problem.

Hi

I am a new DVBViewer user, and I am very fund of the program. -BUT I have extactly the same problems here in Denmark with showing the EPG for exactly the same channels as Hodor. I have also made a total rescan but nothing helps.

Can anyone (the DVBViewer crue) take care of this problem.

Nice to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem.

• 1 month later...

After our TV provider (YouSee) changed some channels last week, we no longer have a 'analog-copy' with EPG working for TV2. Only the digital version with DVB subtitles and no working EPG in DVBViewer.

So this issue has changed from anoying problem to critical issue.

We har missing both 'Now and next' information and EPG.

What do you guys need to process this issue?

P.S.: Loads of Sony televisions (with DVB-C) also have this issue after the changes last week. Sony has issued some sort of SW fix for this.

• 3 weeks later...
any news on the progress on this? i think everyone in denmark is suffering from this problem since it's the major public service channels here.

-Deco

I can confirm that it aint working here (in Denmark) either. Hopefully it will be fixed in next version :bye:

/A\mig/A\sger

• 2 weeks later...
well you asked your tv-provider? they obviously have messed up. :D

BTW have you tried to scan the transponder new?

obviously you didn't read from the top, then you would know that dvb-shop DOES show the epg info, that why we think it's something that can be fixed from "our side" and not having to bother the cable company (which couldn't care less what us little ppl say)

-Deco

There is no "let's leave the poor danish cable TV user without EPG" function in the DVBViewer. :angry:

Either it works for all or for noone, so there are only two possiblities:

1. your provider has problems with his EPG.

2. you have problems with your channellist. (Missing/wrong TID maybe).

Since you insist it can't be 1., it must be 2. :D so DID you do a new scan of the transponder or DID you try the channellist from the dvb-shop viewer?

There is no "let's leave the poor danish cable TV user without EPG" function in the DVBViewer. :angry:

Either it works for all or for noone, so there are only two possiblities:

1. your provider has problems with his EPG.

2. you have problems with your channellist. (Missing/wrong TID maybe).

Since you insist it can't be 1., it must be 2. :D so DID you do a new scan of the transponder or DID you try the channellist from the dvb-shop viewer?

listen up, it's only with one particular transponder, the rest are fine and we're a lot who have same problem who reinstalled, fresh installed, rescanned and whatever you could imagine. so 2 is out of the way here too.

what i was trying to imply was that if a old version of DVBViewer was able to decode the epg or whatever it does, then maybe something has changed that could be un-changed.

the transponder is called (DIGI-TV) and contains only "true" digital channels, and 2 of those channels are to be found on another transponder where epg IS working, so mu guessing is that this single transponder sends the epg in another format.

-Deco

Hi again Lars

Here is my transedit analyse - it looks like their actually is a EIT. I have noticed the space and the ( ) , maybe they can break the EPG in DVBViewer ?

post-67751-1233065688_thumb.png

I have expanded DR1 as well - since the EPG works well on that channel.

/A\mig/A\sger

Edited by amigasger

is it "Read Extended Event Descriptors" I need to check - or is it "Read EIT for other transponders / networks" - can you tell me what to look for afterwards ? I got MPEG2 Video, MPEG Audio, Videotext, AC3 Audio, DVB Subtitles, Data, Data, Private Data, Data, Data, Data, Private Data, Data and DVB Subtitles. Which one should I expand? I cant find the word EPG/EIT in any of them.

No EPG in the stream? You should see something like this.

You can read more about it here.

Look out for PID 18 (12 in hex). Is it there?

I dont see the green EI-box at all - no matter what settings I scan with.

I cant find PID 18 (12 as hex) either.

post-67751-1233143550_thumb.png

Don't open the PAT part of the tree and please post a screenshot with all rootlevel elements. You won't find the EIT PID in the PAT/PMT data...

a little input from your best friend again :), i just tried the program that came with FireDTV which IS a old version of DVBViewer (don't make me hex it to identify which version) and funny enough this ALSO shows epg?!

epg.png

so something HAS changed, sadly there's no transedit with the firedtv version of DVBViewer so i can't analyse..

-Deco

Well.. As I said - there is no EI green-block like yours. Now I have expanded the SDT-tree - so now you should have my full analyse (and all the root-elements).

post-67751-1233170174_thumb.png

The fact is, I have two sources, one says there is no EIT at all, one says there is. :)

@deco

Can you upload a transponder dump (select all PIDs on the right side of the analyzer window and click start recording) somewhere and send me the URL via PM please? 75 - 100 MB should be enough, more is welcome but not necessary :lol:

I'll examine the dump and hopefully find something.

The fact is, I have two sources, one says there is no EIT at all, one says there is. :)

@deco

Can you upload a transponder dump (select all PIDs on the right side of the analyzer window and click start recording) somewhere and send me the URL via PM please? 75 - 100 MB should be enough, more is welcome but not necessary :lol:

I'll examine the dump and hopefully find something.

Yes - it seems really weird - because I get EPG on DR1, DR2 - but not on TV2. And Transedit dont give me the EIT-block for DR1 and DR2 either.. I guess deco got a better result for examination...

Yes - it seems really weird - because I get EPG on DR1, DR2 - but not on TV2. And Transedit dont give me the EIT-block for DR1 and DR2 either.. I guess deco got a better result for examination...

I can see that DR1 and DR2 (on freq 370) gets the EIT from freq 538 - on that freq isnt containing the EIT from TV2.

I cant find the EIT for tv2 on any other freq's.

thanks to @deco I have now a transponder dump and tested it. I'm sorry to say but there is nothing wrong. :)

This is getting quite mysterious. Could somebody please PM me his channels.dat? I only need the channels from the transponder in question...

post-5310-1233225824_thumb.jpg

post-5310-1233225831_thumb.jpg

thanks to @deco I have now a transponder dump and tested it. I'm sorry to say but there is nothing wrong. :)

This is getting quite mysterious. Could somebody please PM me his channels.dat? I only need the channels from the transponder in question...

yep, just pm'ed you, and yes this is weird lol cause it looks sweet on your screenshots :/

-deco

Your network ID is wrong in the channel details.

Please replace 65025 with 65024 in the channeleditor. don't forget to press update for each channel.

And another thing: Please Scan the frequency again and don't select update. Does it find the correct Network ID?

Your network ID is wrong in the channel details.

Please replace 65025 with 65024 in the channeleditor. don't forget to press update for each channel.

And another thing: Please Scan the frequency again and don't select update. Does it find the correct Network ID?

OMG thats it?!, you're the man! o:)

but how did this become that way, i never touched that one, and it's the same on a brand new install after a full scan

(and been this way for loooong time, as long as i can remember, years..)

-Deco

Most likely the cable company (or tv station) changed the value recently. That's a very ugly thing to do. because this value is a key ID which identifies a channel and is not corrected by the auto channel update.

Most likely the cable company (or tv station) changed the value recently. That's a very ugly thing to do. because this value is a key ID which identifies a channel and is not corrected by the auto channel update.

I changed the network id as well - and now the EPG is working here as well..

I send you a big HUG from Denmark as well o:)

/A\mig/A\sger

no cause as i said, i can do a FRESH install of both the old and new DVBViewer and we're back where this started. old one shows epg, new one dosn't

but im happy enough for knowing what to change after install o:)

-Deco

• 2 weeks later...

to finish this off, the cable company just moved those problem channels to another transponder and everything works fine :(

if only they would have done that a few weeks earlier and this thread wouldn't be there at all lol

-Deco