Where is Version BETA 3.9.4.90

satking

Because most people just used it to get shiny new features and used the beta in a production system. Hardly anybody did an in-depth and detailed analysis of problems. So since nothing really came out of it...

Edited by CiNcH
Because most people just used it to get shiny new features and used the beta in a production system. Hardly anybody did an in-depth and detailed analysis of problems. So since nothing really came out of it...

It seemed to to me that what had come out of it was a point release.

Is that what we are going to see and if so do you know when please.

Thanks

Don

BTW I would not worry about points/dots/whatever too much. Griga and Lars are adding so many things. In my opinion this would have easily deserved a 4.0 already...

Edited by CiNcH
BTW I would not worry about points/dots/whatever too much. Griga and Lars are adding so many things. In my opinion this would have easily deserved a 4.0 already...

Any chance of getting this beta as i require the FREESAT epg.

Seems not... Like in every other software new functionality will be available with a new release... The difference with DVBViewer is that it will be for free :blink: . So be happy with what you get...

Edited by CiNcH
So be happy with what you get...

Be thankful for our custom. I'm sure a major part of many customers decision to part with their hard-earned was the prospect of continual improvements/updates, but the last one was back in June. By comparison I've had 4 firmware updates for my Sat box during that time.

I appreciate that the public beta releases might not be generating as much feedback as anticipated but surely pulling them from the download section will not improve the situation!

was the prospect of continual improvements/updates

Well, so you have made assumptions and are now demanding what you assumed would happen?

pulling them from the download section will not improve the situation!

Do you know how much work it is to conduct the test?

So be happy with what you get...

:blink: That's a good way of getting customers (who HAVE paid for the software, with the understanding that future updates are included) to walk away and not recommend it to friends etc.

Well, so you have made assumptions and are now demanding what you assumed would happen?

Correct, although I would use the word requesting. Demanding is a tad forceful.

No.

OK, this waiting time is kind of a torture. ;)

May be, the software team should put the release date on Dec. 24th, and each of our "most significant other" should wrap it nicely and put it under the Christmas tree. But to counter that, you need to buy a BIIIIIIG present to him/her. Otherwise you would have to try the new release in the cold winter night ;)

>> pulling them from the download section will not improve the situation!

> Do you know how much work it is to conduct the test?

so the beta should be removed, what is the logic..? :blush:

i think you shouldn't release beta anymore, and dont receive any feedbacks, then no more work need to do.

well... i still cant understand why the beta should be removed..

anyway, it is your decision.

btw, what is the schedule for the next release ?

Hi!

@kiki3: Your first and only "feedback" on beta-testing was in April-2008 ("no subititles with .41" - without any additional informations <e.g. country, broadcaster, char.-set, and so on>) and as a "punishment" for the developer, you will go back to .35!

Thank you very much - these beta versions are for users, who are realy testing and give informations about changing behaviours/effects/results under well-describted enviroments, etc. So I (and I think other users) have no idea 'bout your "Hercules-work":

regards

PS: The next beta will appear, when (and if) the developer(s) think(s), it's necessary ...

I am sure there are many people (myself inclusive) who would love to participate in beta testing and provide feedback...

I am particularly scared of how the programmers lash out when you ask a question or provide feedback on an issue which to them seems like a no brainer... :-)