IPTV as reception Type

Etienne

I would also suggest adding IPTV support to the Server module, so the channels can be restreamed through the server to all the clients in the network - just like it does now for the DVB channels.

In Slovenia it is common to have IPTV through a separate network connection. You need to have two ethernet cards in the PC if you want to access internet at the same time as you access IPTV. It would be nice if only the server would need such a setup.

BTW: You can add Slovenian IPTV provider "SiOL" to a list of compatible providers. It works with the DVBViewer. I am almost 100% sure that this means that the other major provider in Slovenia - "T2" works as well. However I am unable to verify this.

--

Best regards,

Matej.

• 3 weeks later...
Do they send a TS stream? I doubt it.

For me, they send via UDP/RTP a perfect valid monoprogramm TS.

Arround 25 channels in FTA.

I can send you a sample :)

Etienne

Edited by Etienne

Yes, the stream is working perfect under Transedit ip beta ( with preview) .

That i can't do is to have the channels in DVBViewer with channel management / ordering / scanning / recording services.

The scanning is working well under Transedit beta why not integrate it in DVBViewer ?

I know that the format of that IP TV channel is a little bit different .. but i had understanded / read that it has be written for ip address / Frequency compatibility ?

Edited by Etienne

Well look at it this way: you get a whole specialized application only for your IPTV. I think that's quite nice. ;)

And speaking of recording service: a specialized version of transedit will be the only way to scan channels and assign them to the user channellists. No way I make the same mistake in the media server like the viewer and mix administration and operation. :)