Importing DVBViewer types and API into VC project

I'm writing a plugin in C++. The plugin is loading and the basics are working.

Now digging deeper and learning from the other plugin sources, I'm stuck on how to import all the available types and function signatures (API) into my VC studio project. I see files like DVBViewer_TLB.pas and uplugininterfaces.pas. At least the first is generated from a TBL. Where do I get this TBL or can someone explain, how to get all this into a C++ project.

I don't think the idea is to reengineer the pascal code.

Ok, I found some signatures in the plugin API help, but this seems to be just a fraction on what's available.

Thanks in advance,

klaus.

If you know the TLBID (e.g. from the Delphi stuff) just

#import "libid:<GUID of TBL without {}" version("x.y")

Version is needed if not 1.0. If you don't have the TLBID or using a very old VC++ version where the libid: notation is not supported

#import "<Full Path to Viewer EXE or external TLB>"

But as I remember from another discussion it's not that good an idea to use COM requests from inside a plug-in. Actually I may be wrong so just take a look for yourself.

Jochen

JMS

I think the question was not how to use COM inside a plugin. The question was how to get the names of all functions and data structures which can be used by a plugin and whether there is a way to get these data structures somehow shown in VisualStudio.

I have currently the same issue ;)

Findus