jerky playback problem! please help!

topp_

:blink: Hello! :D

I have tried anything to solve my jerky playback problem for a mounth.

With the cyberlink stuff I have a really great video quality, but I'm suffering the jerky playback problem. With the ffdshow stuff there is no jerky playback but I'm not satisfied with the video quality. Especially when watching sport and fast moving pictures the playback is "blurred". Can enyone PLEASE help me, I'm desperate.

Is it a way to get cyberlink codecs to work or to improve the video quality with ffdshow ??

support.zip

I found that all my problems with jerky and fuzzy playback disappeared when I changed the resolution and refresh rate of my graphics card output. My plasma screen only has 1024x720 pixels, but will only play smoothly when the output is set to 1920x1080 at 50Hz; and the picture looks much sharper as well. Might be worth trying some different combinations if you haven't already.

Frazer

thanks guys, but still no progress. I tried diffrent resolutions and arcsoft. Jerky playback still exist.I have a 42 plasma tv with 1360x768 as standard resolution. Any idea whats wrong??? also tried diffrent arcsoft filter settings.

thanks guys, but still no progress. I tried diffrent resolutions and arcsoft. Jerky playback still exist.I have a 42 plasma tv with 1360x768 as standard resolution. Any idea whats wrong??? also tried diffrent arcsoft filter settings.

What country are you in and does your TV use MPEG2 or h.264 encoding?

I am using ffdshow with MPEG2 and h.264 TV and I don't experience the problems you have. I use ffdshow 2338 and VMR9 renderer (Settings>Options>DirectX>VideoRenderer) with audio format and video format detection ticked and yuv mixing- as you have nvidia you might need to select Nvidia fix. You also need to set "deinterlacing" to linear blending in ffdshow options and "resize and aspect" to resize to screen resolution and no aspect ratio correction - resize settings>bilinear (luma and chroma), uncheck interlaced and accurate rounding.

Edited by dvbrewer

An alternative to using the ffdshow deinterlace and resize options is to use hardware deinterlacing- to do this uncheck the "deinterlacing" and "resize & aspect" options in ffdshow, scroll down to "output", unselect all colorspaces except NV12 and tick "set interlace flag in output media type", click "Apply" and "OK". Change channels in DVBViewer and check if the deinterlace is working, if not, restart DVBViewer, and if that doesn't work go into ATi/NVIDIA options and look for deinterlacing settings and select the best quality deinterlacer availiable.

Im living in Finland. My tv is a LG 42PG 10 plasma tv. I cant find anything about MPEG2 or h.264 encoding in its manual.

I tried the ffdshow settings, but the video quality didn`t get better. Still same problem: with ffdshow fuzzy playback, and with cyberlink jerky playback. The video quality with ffdshow isn`t horrible but not as good as cyberlink. Thats why I like to use the cyberlink. Does anyone have some tips how to get DVBViewer work with cyberlink mpeg2 video decoder.

Here is my settings that I think is the best working (but still jerky playback occur) post-71612-1227385262_thumb.jpg post-71612-1227385315_thumb.jpg post-71612-1227385504_thumb.jpg

Is it some problem with nvidia cards and cyberlink???

Im living in Finland. My tv is a LG 42PG 10 plasma tv. I cant find anything about MPEG2 or h.264 encoding in its manual.

I tried the ffdshow settings, but the video quality didn`t get better. Still same problem: with ffdshow fuzzy playback, and with cyberlink jerky playback. The video quality with ffdshow isn`t horrible but not as good as cyberlink. Thats why I like to use the cyberlink. Does anyone have some tips how to get DVBViewer work with cyberlink mpeg2 video decoder.

Here is my settings that I think is the best working (but still jerky playback occur)

Is it some problem with nvidia cards and cyberlink???

OK, in Cyberlink you have force weave set- I think it should be on auto or force bob. Did you install the ffdshow that I linked to (2338) or are you using an older version? When you say fuzzy- do you mean there is grain (dots) or there is pixellation (blocks) or is just blurred? Did you try disabling the ffdshow deinterlace and resize and setting output to nv12 and select "set interlace flag in output media type"? Did you try selecting NVidia VMR fix or using Overlay?

Edited by dvbrewer
OK, in Cyberlink you have force weave set- I think it should be on auto or force bob. Did you install the ffdshow that I linked to (2338) or are you using an older version? When you say fuzzy- do you mean there is grain (dots) or there is pixellation (blocks) or is just blurred? Did you try disabling the ffdshow deinterlace and resize and setting output to nv12 and select "set interlace flag in output media type"? Did you try selecting NVidia VMR fix or using Overlay?

I tried force bob: no difference. If I use nvidia VMR fix the playback is really really bad (it`s slow and stops). I cant see any difference between wmr9 video mixing renderer and overlay mixer. I had a older version of ffdshow but now I installed the ffdshow 2338. With "fuzzy" i mean just blurred (specially in fast moving pictures). For example when watching football and camera is fast sweeping, the playback is blurred. Excuseme my bad english. With the 2338 and these settings you recommended the playback is maybe not so blurred but I got this problem: (the picture is reconstruct) post-71612-1227400544_thumb.jpg

Any experience ov nvidia cards and cyberlink??

are you using a ati card? have you tried cyberlink?

installed vista and tried the evr vista enhanced video renderer: still same jerky playback problem :bye:

Sorry to hear that- did you use the latest NVIDIA drivers? Also what build of Cyberlink are you using? Have you checked if there is an update availiable?

Edited by dvbrewer

OK, can you clarify if you have tested videos in something other than DVBViewer i.e. in WMP or WMC- do you also get jerky playback in these programmes?

Please download graphstudio here. While you have a TV channel playing in DVBViewer open graphstudio, go to File>Connect to Remote Graph, save the graph, or take a screenshot of both of these. and attach them to your post here.

Sorry to hear that- did you use the latest NVIDIA drivers? Also what build of Cyberlink are you using? Have you checked if there is an update availiable?

yes! the latest nvidia drivers installed. Using cyberlink 8 (latest update)

enybody know if ati cards working better???

• 5 years later...

I have this problem also! Here is some information:

• The jerky audio and video happens only with the DVBViewer/Silicondust HDHomeRun combination
  • HDHomeRun runs seamlessly with its own HDHomeRun QuickTV application
  • DVBViewer works properly with Hauppauge WinTV external USB dongle