Canal+ Nordic HD channels

ovidiumarius

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem ?

All HD channels from Thor (Nordic channels) work with lot of freez as you see here :

canal_10.jpg

I have TT 3650 CI USB HD with this desktop configuration : AMD Atholn X2 BE 2400 (2300Ghz), grafic card ATI RADEON 3650 HD ( 512 DDR2), 2Gb DDR2 Mushkin. I have try all HD codecs : Arcsoft,Cyberlink,ffdshow,elecard, main concept,nvidia codec,ati codec,core avc but this problem don't disapear.

With Core AVC channels works few second but after that the freezing shows again.

Please can you help me ?

I don't think this can be fixed.

The problem is the TV-card that can't handle the high bit rate some HD channels use. HD channels was fine from Canal+ until they switched to Thor 5 satellite and increased the bit rate.

I have used FireDTV S2 tuner and Terratec S2 PCI tuner. Both have problems with bit rate past 27500.

My solution was just to buy a stand alone tuner (C-Tech 5000HD) and quit using my PC for TV viewing. I was just using the pc for recording anyway and the C-Tech tuner supports USB drives for that.

I don't think this can be fixed.

The problem is the TV-card that can't handle the high bit rate some HD channels use. HD channels was fine from Canal+ until they switched to Thor 5 satellite and increased the bit rate.

I have used FireDTV S2 tuner and Terratec S2 PCI tuner. Both have problems with bit rate past 27500.

My solution was just to buy a stand alone tuner (C-Tech 5000HD) and quit using my PC for TV viewing. I was just using the pc for recording anyway and the C-Tech tuner supports USB drives for that.

Thanks for your reply.

I hope that technotrend will release some driver for this card to resolve the problem.

It should work with the FireDTV. You need the current Version from the Firmware (FireDTV / FloppyDTV S2, PID Filtering works now correctly....).

Than disable "Open whole Transponder" (Options > Hardware > FireDTV).

(from the German Topic http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...=26075&hl=)

It should work with the FireDTV. You need the current Version from the Firmware (FireDTV / FloppyDTV S2, PID Filtering works now correctly....).

Than disable "Open whole Transponder" (Options > Hardware > FireDTV).

(from the German Topic http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...=26075&hl=)

I have updated the firmware and disabled "open whole transponder" but it still doesn´t work. HD-channels with a symbolrate at 30000 only make the display green and lock the HTPC. Is there anymore to do to get it work, maybe some changing in the unicast-setup?

green display sounds like problems with hardware decoding. If the reception of the stream works, should be checked with the discontinutie counter of dvbsource. If that stays 0, then the reception is ok, but there are other issues (like with decoders or something).

To prevent lookups, you could try recording (with AV disabled) instead of watching live tv and let DVBViewer generate an info file, which also contains the discontinutie counter.

..if the crash only occurs on high bitrate transponders, pid_filtering is probably not working.

please post support.zip

When I change to a high symbolrate HD-cannel the discontinutie counter of dvbsource is not 0. Instead it counts up to about 40000 and then the HTPC locks

I have tryed to record a HD-channel with high symbolrate and it works, I can see the recorded program.

How do I do to make a support.zip-file that I can post to you?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem! on the high symbol rate HD channels i get a lot of green pixels and the sound is breaking up :tongue:

All the other channels are working perfectly :) The channels from Canal digital in HD is working very well but with the lower symbol rate. I have tryed to untick "open hole transponder" and that dosen´t help on my Hauppauge HVR-4000 card. I use CoreAvc to H.264/mpeg4 channels and the processor load is about 25-35% when i watch a working HD channel :bye: I also think that there is a problem in the filter but i dont't know how to fix them o:) I would be glad to help with a recording if you could explain how?

Best regards

• 2 months later...
The TT S2-3200 works well with new higher symbolrate, 30% cpu even if the gpu accel is on....

using cyberlink 8

Hi Jocke, I just bought TT S2-3200 last week and do not get any of the HD channels on THor to work with DVBViewer. YES, they work perfectly fine with the provided software from Technotrend (TT Viewer) and even with very rocky and unstable Mediaportal (which I left a year ago for **actually''' way better performing DVBViewer. Until now. WOuld be more than interested in getting to know how you got your stuff working!

Cheers

Fredrik