Woow what is this ??

lowgitek

Hi Christian!

Hey man what's happen man ? The DVBViewer did goes to closed source ? hmm

I'm happy for all your improvements man, but I feel a bit sad seen that the new comers have to pay for it..

I'm nothing saying you don't deserves it cause I always liked your job and found it great.

I just want to say much luck fo your bussiness and project. A nice Hug to your team too and good job for then too.

I don't have anymore the skystar 2 (I have now a siemens card) but I will always remember that past when so many people said that it would be impossible to do and you proved that it wasn't.

Chears,

Elton Machado

Guest hackbart

As far as i can remember only Version 0.8 was open source. Well there are a couple of reasons for this:

One of the most important things is that i spent more than 10 hours each day into this project, and somehow it is grown to the biggest program i've ever made. At the moment it is my only income; but don't be afraid as you maybe realized there are more features added in the last 4 months than the Vdr project did in the last 2 years.

I do not want to debase the great work of Mr. Schmidinger and his contributors, but since Vdr is just a hobby it takes its time..

Cheers,

Christian

PS: Did you checked the current Wine version?

As far as i can remember only Version 0.8 was open source. Well there are a couple of reasons for this:

One of the most important things is that i spent more than 10 hours each day into this project, and somehow it is grown to the biggest program i've ever made. At the moment it is my only income; but don't be afraid as you maybe realized there are more features added in the last 4 months than the Vdr project did in the last 2 years.

I do not want to debase the great work of Mr. Schmidinger and his contributors, but since Vdr is just a hobby it takes its time..

Cheers,

Christian

PS: Did you checked the current Wine version?

Hi Christian it is nice talk to you again man.

I'm not saying you are not in your right to charge for your job, of course you have right to that man, and it is a great work believes me, I only wish you the best luck on it.

I only feel a bout sad to know you are not anymore a contributor to opensource cause, as you know the are many people that spent alot of time in developing aplications in GPL License, and as you already know GPL don't take your rights from it it simple open new ways to develop the aplication better without take your right over it.

I understand your situation perfectly, that is the life we live to win money and have great's time. The major enfort to keep the current project up were yours, and I'm shure that without your own contribution the actual stuff wasn't anyway near of what it is now. But remember, I know you are also a Linux user or was used to, and you know without the help of millions of developpers and time from all of then, Linux and all GPLized aplication wouldn't exist, thinking only on profit.

But that is okay.

No I didn't tested the wine version cause I don't have anymore the skystar 2" , I sold it to bought the skystar 1. Currently I'm help as I can in developping and supporting other users with VDR and likes. And if you have 3 or 4 minutes left you are also welcome to help it :D

I'm glad to see your sucess, and all from your team, I wish the best luck for yours projects.

Sincerelly,

Elton Machado.

(PS: I don't have the 0.8 version sorry all guys who emailed me asking for it)