DVBViewer x64

Keld Damsbo

What advantages are you hoping for?

I need to be able to use 64 bit cedec. I have a 64 bit OS, 64 bit drivers.

A 32 bit application are not able to use hybrid cards (Hauppauge HVR-4000).

ProgDVB make a 64 bit application, it works perfect, but they do not offer H.264 and DVB-S2 as an option in the 64 bit application.

I need to decide if I should use ProgDVB or DVBViewer. I like DVBViewer more, but there is no 64 bit application.

Are you really sure i do not think so.

Yes I'm sure, it will only work if I disable the DVB-T part of the driver. VMC works okay with the hybrid card.

But okay, never mind, if there will not be a x64 version of DVBViewer, I have just lost the money and will go after Progdvb.

• 7 years later...

Has anything changed in this matter? There is x64 delphi compiler and there are all the drivers and codecs.

The reason why am I asking this is - H.265 - 32 bit version of lavfilter is considerably slower than 64 bit...

No, the Delphi version used to build the DVBViewer has no x64 support. Therefore the DVBViewer, Recording Service and DVBSource and mostly all other tools (TransEdit etc.) would need to be ported to a current Delphi version.

Then there is in some parts assembler code which would need to be changed as well.

So that would be a huge amount of initial work.

And then there would be two versions which would need to be tested (not everyone is running a x64 Windows version).

And Plug-ins would only work in the x64 version if there is a x64 version of the plug-in. And that would be a huge support effort as well. Because that isn't clear for every user.

And that all by side there are other things which need less effort and have a higher benefit.

Before the is a chance for a DVBViewer x64 version, quite sure all middle class graphic cards, will have full HEVC 4k hardware acceleration support.