MCE integration

I was wondering if I could get more details about the network protocol used between two instances of DVBViewer. (One server instance and a client of course)

I have a lot of experience in developing a real-time network conversion interface between a DreamBox and Windows Media Center (VISTA). This was a hobby-project of me for my own use.

Because I now have a functional 'television'-server at home, running DVBViewer and a PopCorn Hour client, I would like to get to know the protocol details (switching channels, controlling DVBViewer, ...) so I can try and make an interface that could be used in Media Center. (I still have my MCE-machine that is hooked to my home cinema)

I don't like the idea of opening DVBViewer on the MCE-machine, I want the streams fully integrated into the media center.

Can someone help me out on this?

Take a look at the recording service (aka DVBViewer Media Server), it offers a upnp AV mediaserver device with a contentdirectory service. You could use this for getting channels and recordings from it. The streaming itself is htpp streaming of ts Streams (or mpeg if the recording is this way).

I'm personally interessted in getting this to run in the Vista MCE (and with this maybe via mediaextender on the xbox360). ;)

Take a look at the recording service (aka DVBViewer Media Server), it offers a upnp AV mediaserver device with a contentdirectory service. You could use this for getting channels and recordings from it. The streaming itself is htpp streaming of ts Streams (or mpeg if the recording is this way).

I'm personally interessted in getting this to run in the Vista MCE (and with this maybe via mediaextender on the xbox360). ;)

I've been searching the forum and I found DVBSBridge. I think this does exactly what I want, no? I even read that HD is now possible too. I am going to investigate the matter some more and probably spend some cash on that. (it's not so expensive)