DVBViewer 4.0

ricabullah

Automatically: In Options -> DirectX you find on the tab sheet "Video B" and "Audio B" edit boxes labeled "Auto B-Conditions". The following conditions (if you use more than one, separate them by a "," without the ") can be used here:

File (file playback)

Video (Playback with Video)

H.264 (H.264 Video)

MPEG2 (MPEG2 Video)

DVBSource (DVBViewer Filter is used)

A Slash / in front means "not" (Negation, example: /File = TV/Radio (not file)). The automatic switching to Set B happens, if all listed conditions are met, otherwise the DVBViewer uses Set A. If you define auto-conditions the manual switching is disabled.

Some examples:

Using Vista you want for H.264 Video the EVR otherwise the Overlay Mixer to be used. In Video A you set the Overlay Mixer, in Video B you select EVR and as condition you set "H.264".

H.264-Playback with the DVBViewer Filter should use the Cyberlink Decoder (Video A), otherwise ffdshow (Video B ), this is useful for H.264 in MKV-file, which the DVBViewer Filter doesn't handle. The needed condition would be "H.264,/DVBSource".

Playback of video files should use ReClock Audiorenderer, for the rest (TV/Radio and audio only playback) Default DirectSound (Audio A). In Audio B you set ReClock as renderer and use the condition "Video,File".

Thanks guys; this one is really revolutionary.

I selected Arcsoft Video Decoder + VMR9 for "MPEG2" broadcast/files so i watch mpeg2 with VMR9 while i can watch h264 with EVR automatically.

dvbv40ni2.th.png

Another thing: Playing capability of m2ts files.

Congrats :)

Hello,

I assume it's safe to install over the previous version.
yes it's ok if you update your DVBViewer like this way, but please do that.
Only for update installations:

Please do a rescan of your dvb devices (either by deleting the hardware.xml or by doing a manual rescan in the hardware options of the DVBViewer)!

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry225036

:)

Thanks, I installed over the previous version without a problem. I used my existing settings and they seem fine. I did a manual rescan, even though everything is working.

Cheers :)

I'm willing to update asap to 4.0 but in the meantime I would like to konw if there's something changed in the channellist management, as there was rumours of a complete database change.

Thank you very much

Gus

-When will you upgrade guide .chm? There are a little old, it is from 2005.

-I cannot do configure network streaming for whole multiplex, only one TV channel. (I use http serve and web service and vlc).

How I do "Important on the server PC VLC MUST BE INSTALLED to use this feature." (from http_readme), If I install vlc 8.6 it's OK, if newer isn't

Exist any operation instruction?

Thanks also.

Loaded on a clean install to familiarise.

One issue. I can't seem to locate "unicast network device" in the hardware list.

Am hoping to set up this new install as a client to an existing server.

Am I still looking in the correct place or has it moved? Can't find any reference in the changelog (apart from the server side)

Seasons Greetings

Andy

I changed the default values, because a lot users played with the unicast devices without knowing what they do and then got problems because the device was marked as use normal although there was not network server for it...

You can change the settings in the usermode.ini in the DVBViewer program folder.

[CARD]
Unicast=2
Multicast=0
IPTV=0
Filedevice=0

In the section [Cards] simply put your wanted number of devices there, start the DVBViewer, go to Options->Hardware and do a manual search.

I'm thinking about an easier solution for the next version :)

Thanks. That works a treat.

Never thought one day I would stream HD over a wireless LAN and see the client CPU running at less than 5%. :)

When I first started I had a maxxed out Pentium in the same box as the Sat card, and I still couldn’t go over the waterfall without stuttering!

Your work much is appreciated.

Rgds

Andy

•New: Support for FreeSAT EPG on Astra 28.

FreeSAT EPG is handled like MHW EPG. So you have to activate it in the options and put the correct frequency (11428 h) into the options list.

Additionally you need the "Complete Tables" file from http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/ .

The files freesat.t1 and freesat.t2 must be extracted into the DVBViewer program folder.

I tried this, unzipped the files freesat.t1 and t2 into the DVBViewer folder but I don't get the Freesat EPG appearing.

"Mediahighway" keeps defaulting back in the "Options" menu. What am I doing wrong?

Gae

Edited by Explorer41

I too have had issues with the Freesat EPG. It does not automatically update (which I would expect) without going to the Brit Shorts channel first :D With a multi-tuner system this should be transparent.

I too have had issues with the Freesat EPG. It does not automatically update (which I would expect) without going to the Brit Shorts channel first :D With a multi-tuner system this should be transparent.

You can create a special timer entry (that will just tune and not record) to update the EPG.

Doh...I am receiving the EPG data fine but I stupidly thought that the OSD would look like the FREESAT OSD on the Humax or other receiver....lol. I love DVBViewer but always found the EPG a bit plain to look at.

:D

It is handled like all epg. go to the transponder and you get epg. No surprise here, no different behaviour than other epg sources.

It is slightly different as its the EPG for some 300+ other transponders.

I have had some isues with setting up timers for this (DVBV 4 and the recording service). I realise the service is BETA and I shall see if I can collate enough sensible debug info to post on this. Thanx for your swift reply on this.

The service works like a charm and is even as a beta more stable than other peoples releases. :(

I haven't decided if I ever go release with it. In this case the beta status helps me to make bigger changes to the service (while improving and extending it) without a big public outcry because I changed this or that ;):biggrin:

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or I missed something, but I've got strange behaviour in the timeline. Whatever the OSD skin is set (default or connectivy 3D).

Some channels are missing only in the timeline (I've set to display only favourites).

In the options "Favorit channel list" or in the EPG, all favourites channels are displayed. But some of them are missing in the timeline.

Seems that it is due to EPG information that are empty (missing) but I've noticed in the change log of the release V4.0 that it should be fixed. Seems to be fixed in the EPG window but not in the timeline one.

Do you confirm ?

Regards

What should be fixed? I don't remember doing such thing :)

Ok I didn't read the changelog carrefully...

Several windows

- Change: Several windows: right click in a list/treeview does now select the entry under the mouse cursor.

- Change: Channeleditor: right click selects the underlying entry.

- Change: Channeleditor: click outside the channellist de-selects the last selection. important for export.

- Fix: Channeleditor : exporting of sub channels in the channel editor does work now.

- New: Channellistpopup: activate in options/TV+Radio. Do not use together with remote or Keyboard! Experimental, handle with care!

- Fix: The EPG window is shown even if no EPG is available/present.

This is for all channels not ony the ones that haven't EPG.

Anyway, these channels, without EPG information, are displayed in the OSD-EPG list but not in the OSD-timeline.Why ?

Edited by ZERS

The EPG Window, not the OSD EPG window. This just means, before, you could not open the EPG window, if no epg data at all was available. This has nothing to do with the OSD.

There were no changes at all regarding the OSD and the according EPG displays. The OSD-Timeline works the same way as it has done before. :)

The OSD-Timeline works the same way as it has done before. ;)

Ok mate I understand. :)

But my question is "Why several channels without EPG data (grabber didn't found information in the net) aren't displayed in the OSD-timeline?".Is it a bug or do I miss any parameter to set or tweak to apply ? Please remember that I've got this behaviour with 2 different OSD skins.

regards

Yupp. Nothing wrong with 800 channels without epg not showing up in the timeline. it would simply make a timeline useless. It should give you a fast overview of all running programs in relation to each other nothing more, nothing less.

Whenever I try, and I have tried several times, to install DVBViewer 4.0, I get the following error:

dvb1.png

I do not have DVBViewer running. If I click OK the message just reappears. I have rebooted and still get error when I try again.

Can anyone suggest what to do? If I need to uninstall and reinstall afresh is there a way I can keep all the favourites channels I have setup?

Many thanks for v4 and Happy New Year to all.

john

Yupp. Nothing wrong with 800 channels without epg not showing up in the timeline. it would simply make a timeline useless. It should give you a fast overview of all running programs in relation to each other nothing more, nothing less.

...unless you use the OSD Timeline to change channels as i do, an option to include channels without egp data to the OSD Timeline in a future version would be nice :biggrin:

It is handled like all epg. go to the transponder and you get epg. No surprise here, no different behaviour than other epg sources.

I had trouble getting the Freesat EPG working with 4.0 - until I realised that you had to unzip the freesat_tables_complete.zip

file into the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVBViewer Pro directory - not the directory where the DVBViewer.exe program is installed. Its working great. Hope this helps others.

I had trouble getting the Freesat EPG working with 4.0 - until I realised that you had to unzip the freesat_tables_complete.zip

file into the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVBViewer Pro directory - not the directory where the DVBViewer.exe program is installed. Its working great. Hope this helps others.

I put my freesat tables in the main DVBViewer directory and it works? :(

Edited by dvbrewer