Having following suggestions for 4.0 version of DVBViewer Pro, please

ter9999

29. Could you add "AC3" as keyword for "auto change to audio B conditions" that if the audio stream is AC3 then DVBViewer can automatically switch to "Audio Output B"?

30. When opening 2 DVBViewers together, it's hard to distinguish them with each other. Better to allow users to define the "Title" in usermode.ini instead of the default title "DVBViewer".

Anyone's really care about my suggesions? :blink:

29. There is problem because it will not work with the way the DVBViewer work on a change of the audio channel. And a change would cause other problems. As long as no developer find a good solution for this. There will be no auto B depending on the Audio format.

30. You can change the is in the language file [frmMain] > Caption=DVBViewer. But this can case problems e.g. with some plugins or ad ons.

Mummy please make the bad men stop.

33. I want DVBViewer to make me a cup of tea in the morning.

Yeah, me too. I second that.

Mediaportal does it already. And notepad.

Mediaportal does it already.

That's one point I always wondered about. Everybody says we want this we want that, because mediaportal does it and progdvb does it.

But nobody ever asked for "Please let the viewer crash as often as possible" because mediaportal does it and progdvb does it. :blink::wub:

That's one point I always wondered about. Everybody says we want this we want that, because mediaportal does it and progdvb does it.

But nobody ever asked for "Please let the viewer crash as often as possible" because mediaportal does it and progdvb does it. :wub::bye:

Thats a bit below the belt including MediaPortal Lars.

ProgDVB yeah sure but you can't include the one you get for free. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'll continue..

37. Please add "Bit Error Rate" in the main windows bottom bar and OSD just like dm500/dm800. The "Bit Error Rate" is very useful information regarding to the reception quality. Please consider seriously for this proposal.

Thanks!!

As far as i know, no TV card driver provide the "Bit Error Rate" so not possible.

Even the signal strength and quality provided from the TV card driver are not really useful.

The only thing you can use, with a TV card to get the reception quality are the Dicontinuities.

As far as i know, no TV card driver provide the "Bit Error Rate" so not possible.

Even the signal strength and quality provided from the TV card driver are not really useful.

The only thing you can use, with a TV card to get the reception quality are the Dicontinuities.

Yes, you're right. I agree. But better to display on the bottom status bar the following 3 together:

Signal strengh | Signal quality | Discontinuity.

Now only 1 is displayed on the bar.

39. Add RTP header support for Netstream multicast streamtype. This would be useful for software or hardware receivers that can make use of these statistics, specifically to understand if some type of errors are due to IP packet drops between the network source and destination.

- add please EVR Custom Render(as Media Player Classic - Home Cinema)

Why? Please explain in detail and exactly how the DVBViewer does gain from it, so I can see you do actually know, what you're talking about.

We don't need any comments for things because people think they're "hipp" and just because they don't understand them and don't know what they're talking about. :(

- add please OSD transparensy in EVR render

Does work since the beginning.

Yes, you're right. I agree. But better to display on the bottom status bar the following 3 together:

Signal strengh | Signal quality | Discontinuity.

Now only 1 is displayed on the bar.

Also, in the TransEditor, when analyze a TP, there is a column named "missing" for missing packages for a specific channel. Maybe this number can be better used to display something useful..

Thanks!

38. Autoscaler for 16:9 programs on not anamorfic 16:9 channels (4:3 in letterbox). Now we must manual use zoom function.

Yes, that'd be nice. I just hate it when I'm looking a channel that only fills up half of my screen.

I'd like to add one also, see if I get more feedback than in my first post:

39. Make it so that when using a clients / server setup, the last control input from a client takes over the control.

Right now, I use DVBServer from 4.0 pro, running on the HTPC and I have a client running there also full time - usually it's minimized when the TV is off. I do that in order for it to be able to record shows.

When I try to watch tv from my laptop, i first have to tune the current channel, then I can change the channels from the laptop.

it's been suggested I use the new recording service instead. I tried it, but it's actually worse, in that case I have to close DVBViewer on the htpc in order to be able to switch channels on the laptop - and vice-versa.

Wouldn't it make sense that at least all the tuning commands from every client be registered by the server? This way I don't need to close down DVBViewer on the HTPC before I - or my wife - tries to connect from the laptop.

it's been suggested I use the new recording service instead. I tried it, but it's actually worse, in that case I have to close DVBViewer on the htpc in order to be able to switch channels on the laptop - and vice-versa.

You need DVBViewer 4.0.1.60+ Beta as clients and Recording Service 1.4.7.110+ as DVB Server.

Change: DVB-Server: DVBViewer Clients with the same priority can override each other. The control over the CAM/MMI gets the last (non forced) tuning client.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=242842

You need DVBViewer 4.0.1.60+ Beta as clients and Recording Service 1.4.7.110+ as DVB Server.

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=242842

So I've installed 4.1, I've the latest recording service.

If I'm watching a channel on the HTPC, and try to switch to another from the laptop, the laptop goes back to the viewed channel on the HTPC with this overlay: "channel redirection requested by service"

How do I make it so the laptop tunes to something else - and the HTPC maybe shows up this message. The other way around actually? That makes more sense right?

>> http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...c=33849&hl=