Recording ITVHD in version 4.0

daveuk

Hi there, I've just installed v4.0 and tested the recording of ITVHD, and when I try to play it back there is no picture as before. Am I missing something? Its supposed to be fixed as per the changelog.

* New: Recording of ITV HD: The wrong video descriptor is automatically adjusted.

I have been recording using the GE version fine, but was hoping to migrate fully to v4.0.

well setup the decoders correctly in the directX options.

sorry, i wasn't clear enough, ITV HD recordings will only play back in DVBViewer and not other direct show applications such as WMP, MPC, Vista Media Center. BBC HD is fine across the board, as are ITV HD recordings made in DVBViewer GE. If you think there is something wrong with my directx settings please advise (see attached)

post-66575-1230740833_thumb.jpg

Hi there, I've just installed v4.0 and tested the recording of ITVHD, and when I try to play it back there is no picture as before. Am I missing something? Its supposed to be fixed as per the changelog.

* New: Recording of ITV HD: The wrong video descriptor is automatically adjusted.

I have been recording using the GE version fine, but was hoping to migrate fully to v4.0.

Did you change the Video PID to 3401 and video format to h.264 in the channel editor (note to developers: can this not be made automatic)?

Did you change the Video PID to 3401 and video format to h.264 in the channel editor (note to developers: can this not be made automatic)?

yes, its just the playback of recordings do not display video unless I use DVBViewer to play them back

sorry, i wasn't clear enough, ITV HD recordings will only play back in DVBViewer and not other direct show applications such as WMP, MPC, Vista Media Center. BBC HD is fine across the board, as are ITV HD recordings made in DVBViewer GE. If you think there is something wrong with my directx settings please advise (see attached)

I have also found that the recordings will only correctly playback in DVBViewer- in MPC-HC it plays but the video freezes after a while- you then need to manually skip forward to make it carry on playing. I also still get lip sync issues with v.4.0 on viewing ITV HD live but with BBC HD and Luxe HD it is fine.

Edited by dvbrewer