Skystar HD2 problem

joaortnt

. I have been experiencing some difficulties with it, namely, a strange signal break, which occurs whenever I am trying to visualise channels in the DVB-S2 band.

The situation at hand is simple. Whenever I am watching channels in the DVB-S2 range, I randomly loose the signal and do not recover it.

In order to regain the signal, I have to restart the hardware/program, as well as the DVBViewer, which I have acquired solely for the use of this board. This situation occurs on an extremely regular basis and with enormous frequency. Thus, and because I have been unable to find a solution for this problem, I write to you with this request for assistance.

The characteristics of the pc in which the board is installed are:

Intel® Desktop Board DG965SS

2Gg Ram

1800X2 Duo Core Intel

Nvidia Gforce 8600 GT - 256Mg

_________

• 1 year later...

I guys! can you solve this problem?

i know is the board. i have tried with another machines, and it works perfectly! :S only with this board that's wont work :)

with all drivers i have tried... no one works ;)

the signal simply vanish...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I have the same problem. The DVBViewer lose S2 signal after a while (10 to 20 minutes) and I have to restart windows for appearing the S2 signal again.

I have the following configuration:

Windows 7 x64

MB: Asus P6T SE socket 1366

CPU: Intel i7 920

ATI Saphire HD 4850

6 Gb DDR3 at 1066 MHz memory

DVBViewer with license v4.2.1.

I mention that this happens only with S2 signal, the other programs work well.

this might help:

in settings>hardware

set retune after missing stream after: 5 secs

this will autamatically try to relock the signal.

used to have the same problem, turns out its an hardware issue

use technisat HD2, much better

I bought a new Technisat HD2 card and i have absolutely the same problems.

I have 12 Lnb's on 16DISEQC-Switch.

I works fine but after about 10-15 minutes after switching ALL DVB-S2 channels are down ! ! ! ! !

Is it possible to work on a special BETA Version to fix this problem!

In DVBViewer menue Hardware - change seconds to five or anything else DOSEN't work.

It's catastrophic that technisat isn't able to update this issue ! ! ! ! ;):mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

motherboard: Nvidia Geforce8600 7XX Chipset,AMD X2 7750, ATI HD 5770, 4GB 800MHz DDR2, Win7 64bit.

I think it has nothing do to with the mainboard ?

Edited by ChristianR1

I don't use diseq. I have only an actuator and one LNB.

The problem appears even if I don't switch to another channel.

I thought that it is because of the poor signal (sometimes I have 93% on S2 and appear frames), but it hapens even when I have 94 % signal and no freezes on screen.

Christian, definitely not from the mainboard.

I think it's from the technisat driver, or DVBViewer Pro. I've tried also DVB Dream and no signal lose on S2 channels.

I think I'll try also ProgDVB to see if it's the same.

Following problem:

ALL DVB-S2 channels are shown as 92-94% signal. THAT CAN'T BE True (but it isn't the point).

(THOR,ASTRA,Hotbird,ASTRA 28°). Signal-Level are all faked only my Technotrend seemed to be true signalratio.

Yes if i don't switch after some time signal lost to zero percent.

********************************************************************************

It happend ON !ALL! DVB-S2 channels. After watching DVB-S2 channel signal lost to zero percent (takes some time...)

It is possible switching to SD DVB-S or (DVB-S in HD no S2 !!!) BUT NO MORE TO DVB-S2 channels !!!

********************************************************************************

-> I must reboot Win7 64bit to solve the problem temporary.

Technotrend HD2 + DVBViewer + !! DVB-S2 Channels (free-air or cryped) Troublemaker No1 !!

Today i called to Technotrend Germany hotline. "I was only told to send the card back to the distributor.

-> T H A T D O E S' N T bring the S O L U T I O N because many of us have this problems.

In my optionen the fastest way would be if DVBViewer proggers to some creative work to bring a solution there.

I'm not sure that Technotrend brings out new driver next month..... it takes 6-9-12 month ?!?

Yes i mean the Technisat Skystar HD2.

-> I watched some DVB-S2 channels and one (or all of the two) electromagnetic coil make a stupid high noise. This happenend ever when card only worked in DVB-S2. (only on DVB-S2). If I switch back to HD (DVB-S(No 2)) or SD Channels immediately high noises eleminates.

Cold Boot - no noise but after a while when playing on DVB-S2 channels.

I think i should send back the card an hopefully get a working card. ;) but it should be an software issue?!?!?!

-> Or switch back to my Technotrend HD card (save working option)

It's very annoying. I have to spend money to send it back. Furthermore if the second card doesn't work (DVB-S2 zero signal BUG) I had to spent another money. ....

Edited by ChristianR1

Hi,

not sure, whether it helps you, but here is a hint.

I have a Skystar HD2, which caused trouble long time on all channels via DVB-S2. Checked cables, replaced LNB, replaced drivers multiple times, but nothing helped. Thought, the card is defect, threw it out and replaced it with a Skystar HD (no "2") and everything worked fine, with the same PC, cables, LNBs, etc, until ...

I found a hint here , that the DisecQ-Settings in the channel-list screws up the DVB-S2 reception with Skystar HD2. It is in German, so let me summarize here in English.

In a case, where you may have downloaded a channel-file, the DisecQ-Setting for a specific channel may be set to something the creator of the list needs ("POSA/ OPT A"), as his setup is for multiple satellites. For people like me (only one Quattro-LNB), this is not needed and also it does not harm your reception, except for (as I know now) for the DVB-S2 HD-channels with the Skystar HD2. This setting should be set to "None".

It even looked to me, that if only some channels in the channel-list do have DisecQ set to "POSA/ OPT A", it kind of infects the whole "reception". But I did not verify this, as the below solution made it work for me.

To get this resolved for me, I did the following:

- exported the complete channel-list into a file

- opened it with Wordpad and replaced all instances of "DiseqC=3" with "DiseqC=0" (This makes DisecQ set to "none").

- Imported the channel-list (before I deleted the old channel list within the Channel Editor)

- Closed DVBViewer, and rebooted the PC

- And since then, the DVB-S2 reception with my Skystar HD2 is without problems.

My solution may not be of help for those with multiple LNBs to receive multiple satellites, as then a specific DisecQ value is needed. But perhaps it gives you a hint where to find the problem.

Regards,

Goggo

Edited by Goggo16

Hi,

not helpful:

I have an EMP Centauri 16 (DISEQC 1.1 1.2) Switch. It's only possible to handle it with UNCOMITED COMMANDS 1.....16.

Perhaps this problem is while ALL my channel are linked with DISEQC uncomited commandos.

Could it be possible that the DVBViewer-progger could do something?

- Bug: After some time no DVB-S2 Channel has signal, while all channels are linked with uncomited commands.

DRIVER doesn't apply the diseqc command by switching to DVB-s2 channels after while of watching.

or in other word... driver OR DVBViewer let diseqc command not pass through when switching TO ANY

DVBS2channels(after some minutes of starting and the ever, if the first zero/bug happenend).

-> THAT should be helped for the programmers to detect this problem.

BUT ON ALL none DVB-S2 channels it worked 100%.

High noise deteced after a while of watching DVB-S2 channels:

Please can anybody check no 5 minutes but longer 30 min or so. The card must be hot up. DVB-S2 HD channel. Did you hear an noisefull high tone ?

Edited by ChristianR1

Working solution for DVBS2 bug:

After Signalpower had gone to zero percent i did the following as told before:

- I have one channel that hasen't got ANY diseqc commands.

I switched to this channel then back to DVB-S2 channel.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

- NOW it's gratefully solved. But DVBViewer proggers should program a very easy fix.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

For DVBViewer FIX it should be...... done......:

- ON ALL DVB-S2 channels. -> SEND IMMEDIATELY DISEQC COMMAND 0 or switch to an imaginary channel with NO DISEQC command (intern)

- then switch to the channel the user wants to show.

That worked 100% but should be fully automatic in DVBViewer switching protocoll for TECHNISAT SKYSTAR HD2 fix !!!!!

But what about me?

I don't have a H-H motor, so I use an actuator without diseq and it happens the same: the DVB S2 signal dissapears after about 20 min.

All the channels are with diseq set to none.

I set in Hardware/ 5 seconds, but no result.

Could be from windows 7 x 64?

I've tried Prog DVB Pro in trial also and the same problem appears.

I think it's a driver problem and I'm thinking to test the Haupage driver also as I understand it is the same like Technisat driver.

I don't know what to do further!

Today I made an interesting observation.

Faced to a lot of problems with DVBViewer 4.2.1 and the SkyStar HD2 in W7 I made some

tries to find out where the issue could be.

I had the problem that the stream was not stabil also with a signal quality of 94%.

No display.

Now the interesting point.

Being on one Transponder I switched the Pic in Pic on and sudenly the stream was stabile and was displayed.

As long I'm switching between the programms of the same Transponder it works very well and stabil. (With Pic in Pic on)

Changing to another Transponder I switch of Pic in Pic select the channel and switch Pic in Pic on again.

Very fast I can see the pictures.

I guess there is a big problem in DVBViewer.

Is there any observation in the same direction??

kind regards

optus28

Hello together,

don´t wonder about the name. I could remember my old Login.

Problem in my case is solved.

Due to the Kapersky CBE 7 the system became so slow that also other programs were not running very well.

I got a hint regarding the StarMoney Software pointing to Kaspersky.

Deinstallation of Kaspersky and now the system is running pretty well again. Incl. DVBVIWER.

kind regards from a happy

Viktor28 (optus28)

• 6 months later...

Working solution for DVBS2 bug:

After Signalpower had gone to zero percent i did the following as told before:

- I have one channel that hasen't got ANY diseqc commands.

I switched to this channel then back to DVB-S2 channel.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

- NOW it's gratefully solved. But DVBViewer proggers should program a very easy fix.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

For DVBViewer FIX it should be...... done......:

- ON ALL DVB-S2 channels. -> SEND IMMEDIATELY DISEQC COMMAND 0 or switch to an imaginary channel with NO DISEQC command (intern)

- then switch to the channel the user wants to show.

That worked 100% but should be fully automatic in DVBViewer switching protocoll for TECHNISAT SKYSTAR HD2 fix !!!!!

dude, steal working with you? i've tried your solution but nothing. i'm whith same problem :/

• 1 month later...
Dear Mr

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in our product.

A driver defect can be excluded, because the card works fine on other PCs.

First, please make sure that you use the latest board drivers for your system.

Important is the chipset driver. Do not use the Windows one. The actual driver

is available on the website of your board manufacturer.

Then, you should perform an online update of the software. This can be found

under All Programs - DVBViewer TE2 - DVBViewer TE2 Online Update.

Should it still not work, please re-set the video renderer. This can be found

in your DVBViewer TE2 in Settings - Options - renderer. After each change,

change the channel so can you see whether improvement have occurred or close

your DVBViewer and reopen.

Should this entire still not help, please take the device/unit back to your

dealer where you purchased it, to have it checked, repaired or exchanged.

Please check, when switching off the card after it has lost it signal, then

switching it on again right there after, does it switch on or does it stay

off. If it is so, then the problem is that the card gets to hot and blocks.

This means that the card is not functioning properly. You should go back to

your dealer.

I hope I could help you in this way.

Best regards

Celia Galvao