Cascading DiSEqC support

boborg

I just want to report success with a Skystar 2 and Mytheatre using the enhanced driver and Cascading DiSEqC switching.

Using 1 Spaun Sur 220F and 2 Spaun Sur 410F I can control 8 lnb's in Mytheatre. First DiSEqC uncomitted, second committed. I hope DVBViewer some day will have this also.

Guest hackbart

I know the work of Saar, and to be honest i'm not happy about the way he acts behind the scene. Keep in mind the hacked driver can harm the eeprom as well as the tuner, so i would not recommend to install this driver..

Christian

Luckily I don't need diseqc 1.2 or other diseqc commands but I can't imagine that different commands other then buit in the official driver can possibly harm the tuner. The tuner of rev. 2.3 is very well described (dunno about 2.6). Maybe a too high current could be dangerous..

thank all of you for so many answers but my problem is still there. so i asked again: what kind of diseqc switch i should buy so it works with DVBViewer driver software and is able to switch the two lnb's.i have seen in the store that there are two kinds of diseqc switches,probably more, one with controle signal : position and one with: frequention 22khz. the only thing i know for shure is that the first one,i heve bought, did't works,not in DVBViewer and also in progdvb.i hope there is anybody that used a diseqc that works on DVBViewer and can tell me how it works. thanks for a answer.

• 1 month later...

hackbart, to be honest i'm not happy that you spread untrue about possibility harm eeprom or tuner!

i made patch, not hack. Non-patched driver - this was really harm for many users who got locked (not working) cards after using OFFICIAL driver.

Also, i made possiblility work with DiSEqC 1.1 and 1.2 which Technisat don't want do. Probably, Technisat don't care about marketing and don't want rise its sellings..

Ok, I done it instead of them, although they simple ignored my messages.

They rather like say DiSEqC 1.2 support can't be made in SS2..

They couldn't - i could..

And you Hackbart, don't say thing which you don't understand.. If you couldn't add support some features - it doesn't mean impossible..

Edited by Saar
what kind of diseqc switch
TechniSat card + TechniSat switch = :idiot: or SPAUN

@SAAR : You give guarantee for your patched (patch <-> hack where is the difference) driver, that they don't harm the SS2 ? For many hardware are things possible, but not recommend to do so. If someone want to use it, he will do it at own risk.

I admire your achievement to get some things running which the manufacturer can't do. But not all what is possible, is recommendable.

Steffen

About Motors.

Although patched driver can work with DoSEqC 1.2, i don't recommend use Motors with ANY DVB card.. Motor get power from LNB, current of which can be more (especially when motor start moving, especially when weather is cold and motor frozen) than DVB card can supply and thus can fry!

I recommend use positioner which get power from separate power supply..

Needless to say, you need MyTheatre to work with DiSEqC 1.2

Edited by Saar

2 Klausing:

i'm using my patched driver with SS2. Without this patch SS2 is totally useless for me because: my switch don't work with standard driver which has poor timing while it sends DiSEqC message. My driver has fix for it. Also, i need my positioner work with SS2 which standard driver can't do. My patch do it fine.

My patch don't write anything to EEPROM at all and do nothing unusual with tuner..

I'm using this driver about half-year.

For positioners and regular switches there is nothing beyond technisat recomendation for power consumption.. all is inside standard technisat AC/DC specification.

I have no technical driver knowledge so I won't get into if it could damage anything.

I'm a happy customer of both Mytheatre and DVBViewer and have been using Saar's driver for 3 months now without problems. I'm running 8 lnb's using 1 Spaun Sur 220F and 2 Spaun Sur 410F and it's running pretty good in Mytheatre. I of course only have the first 4 availible in DVBViewer.

Of course it would be great if Technisat could release drivers with DiSEqC 1.1 support if not for anything else then because then perhaps this would be implimented in DVBViewer as well. For now though I have no fear continuing to use the so called enhanced driver.