Skystar HD2 drivers

finner

Technisat released a new version for the Skystar HD2 product. 1.1.1.302 12-10-2008

People using vista x64 please inform us if the "over 3gigs of ram" issue is solved!

I guess there is no easy answer on that :bye:

I've made clean Vista x64 install and gave new drivers a go. I didn't use supplied setup but manually picked drivers from device manager. Installed fine with no problems.

I've updated transponders (Astra 19,2 and HB in my case) and went to channel scan. I've used Scan range option and 3 green lights appered! 5 channels found! Woooooohooooo! But....but....wait! What is this? DVBV managed to successfully scan only first frequency. Rest is red PMT.

Then I tried moving starting freq to chan 2. Scan range. Few more channels on frequency 2 found. Next channel Red = PMT.

I guess i can scan them all like that :( And they work (picture and sound).

Now, I've tried different option combos in card setup (direct tunning on/off, open whole transponder, stop stream...) but i was unable to make channel scanner to work as intended. But this is defenetly a step forward.

Edited by newen

1) TransEdit.exe must be stored in the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is).

2) TransEdit expects the file channels.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder (see About Menu in DVBViewer Pro).

1) TransEdit.exe must be stored in the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is).

2) TransEdit expects the file channels.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder (see About Menu in DVBViewer Pro).

You are too polite for a moderator Griga :) RTFM would have been a good enough answer for me :bye:

Update 2:

After a push in right direction (thanks Griga) I managed to scan both Astra and HB channels in Transedit. I exported the channels and then imported them in DVBV. There was a problem switching channels but I've solved it by unchecking the "Stop stream while tuning" option in Hardware setup for SSHD2. So far so good.

My next step will be buying a CI interface and trying to use a TotalTV card in it. Anyone with expirience with that combination?

• 2 weeks later...