TransEdit 3.2.7 Beta Test

Please post your findings, results, comments, questions etc. concerning the public TransEdit 3.2.7 Beta test here, or if (and only if) it concerns the DiSEqC handling of the coming DVBViewer Pro 4.0.1 Beta. This is a worker thread - off-topic posts will be deleted.

About this public beta test:

- Feedback is particularly welcome from people who are using (or are going to use) DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 (cascaded DiSEqC elements, uncommited switches, motorized dishes).

- Read the English or German DiSEqC instructions - don't dare to post here if you are uninformed.

- I have no motorized dish, no switches allowing to test DiSEqC 1.1, and most likely I don't have your DVB device. So if it doesn't work, everything depends on your feedback. Describe what you have tried and the results as elaborately as possible. Let me sit in front of your PC! Attach the file TransEdit.ini here (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit), so I can examine your settings. Statements confined to "doesn't work" will be of no avail.

- This is no place for feature requests. DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 support in TransEdit has been a feature request, it's implemented now, so let's first work it out until it's finished before we take the next step.

Looking forward to your replies... :bye:

I can't edit the site data. There's a diseqc.xml from previous tests in my config. folder. The site data appear in transedit but can't be changed. Without this xml a new one is created but the site data will stay at 0.0; 0.0

Hi Griga,

I didn't realize that you were the Co-Author of TransEdit.

I downloaded and tried 3.2.7 and have now tried 3.2.8 and everything I have tried works fine except preview display of ordinary DVB-S channels. I have tried several different codecs and could get none to work for me.

On the other hand, DVB-S2 signals in h.264 preview and display very well.

This system works well with the stable version of Transedit.

Hopefully I will get some time to try it on my C/Ku setup with multiple LNBs and see how the new diseqc works.

Thank you for all your hard work!!!

I have attached my transedit.ini file for you to see what I have.

Checked some other DVB-S channels and they seem to be working.

I right clicked on the channel that doesn't work and it gave an error that graph was too late.

TransEdit.ini

Edited by linuxman
..that's a deadly sin ;)

Yes, I agree, and am very sorry!!! ;)

The only time I spend on this forum is when I have a problem, and most of the time everything just works for me. :)

I will try and make some time to check the diseqc stuff soon.

Yes, I agree, and am very sorry!!!

Never mind.

I right clicked on the channel that doesn't work and it gave an error that graph was too late.

Something delays playback, and data is queuing up in the DVBViewer Filter. TransEdit responds with stop/run in order to clear the situation. You can try to disable the buffer control by setting Max. Queued Audio (TV/Radio) on the DVB Source property page to 0. However, most likely there's something wrong with the data received from this DVB-S channel.

Something delays playback, and data is queuing up in the DVBViewer Filter. TransEdit responds with stop/run in order to clear the situation. You can try to disable the buffer control by setting Max. Queued Audio (TV/Radio) on the DVB Source property page to 0. However, most likely there's something wrong with the data received from this DVB-S channel.

Ok, I set the value of the Max. Queued Audio (TV/Radio) to 0 and it didn't help.

I set the PTS latency time on graph to 700 and got it to play one time. After that it wouldn't start again.

I dropped the 3.2.6 transedit into place and the channel works fine every time I try it.

Don't know what the difference might be.

Well I solved the problem.

I installed the 4.0.1.1 DVBVeiwer Pro Beta and now the channel is working with default values.

I didn't realize that in order to test the Transedit Beta, the main program beta had to be installed. :ermm:

Griga did write it in his anouncement and in the documentation. :ermm: And btw he is not the co author but the main author of this transedit version. :)

Thank you!

I will go back through and re-read the announcement and document again and slower this time.

If I understood correctly you and Griga were co-authors originally, but by what you said above, Griga is the main man on this version.

So thank you for your work too!

Dear Griga,

I' m really pleased to see you already developed the "Diseq addition".

I' ve just tried it sometimes making swicthes from a satellite to another and all seem to work good.

I found all the extended system logically well done and customizable. It is all clear and easy to use. I also appreciate the go to angular button under positioner window.

Well at the end every time I tune or analize a trasponder I suppose the commands of the extended editor are launched but in any way it is useful to have a button to say to easy move the positioner when you want where you want. smile.gif

A minor little bug is that I have to use standard interface under setting->hardware to have no problem with "tuning".

I will try the new DVBViewer pro beta 4.0.1.1 in next days.

Thank you again.

If you need transedit.ini just tell me I will post it to you.

First let me clarify:

didn't realize that in order to test the Transedit Beta, the main program beta had to be installed.

This is not true, except if you want to export scan results with the "Extended" DiSEqC setting from TransEdit to the DVBViewer Pro channellist. In this case updating to DVBViewer Pro 4.0.1.x Beta is mandatory. The TransEdit Preview function is definitely not affected by updating to DVBViewer Pro 4.0.1.x Beta, even if it seems so.

Concerning Diego: He's using a positioner behind a DiSEqC switch, as you can read here, requiring the "Extended" DiSEqC setting, as far as I can see.

@Diego: Which DiSEqC sequence(s) are you using? Please go to the DiSEqC Editor (showing what you have entered), right-click the command list, click "Select All" in the context menu, then click Copy and paste the result here. Additionally attach your TransEdit.ini.

@Diego: Which DiSEqC sequence(s) are you using? Please go to the DiSEqC Editor (showing what you have entered), right-click the command list, click "Select All" in the context menu, then click Copy and paste the result here. Additionally attach your TransEdit.ini.

Griga, I' m using the Diseq sequence you specified to use in the note you did. So I used the diseq commited (updated), then the internal delay of 100ms, and then the movment of the positioner.

You will find in your PM the exact diseq sequence and transedit.ini

You will find in your PM the exact diseq sequence and transedit.ini

Why as PM? Doesn't make sense. This is a public beta test, and there may be other people who want to have a look at it. Why do you want to exclude them? I will not reply to such PMs and I will give no private support. If you want something to be considered, post or attach it here.

So I used the diseq commited (updated),

The [unchanged] type seems more appropriate to me. Did you try it?

A minor little bug is that I have to use standard interface under setting->hardware to have no problem with "tuning".

Sometimes drivers have their own mind. Does it only affect situations when DiSEqC commands have to be sent or tuning in general?

Why as PM? Doesn't make sense. This is a public beta test, and there may be other people who want to have a look at it. Why do you want to exclude them? I will not reply to such PMs and I will give no private support. If you want something to be considered, post or attach it here.

As you can see from my PM I only posted the transedit.ini and the diseq commands.

My main point of view is that providing you the diseq commands of moving my dish you can obtain indirectly more or less my latidute and longitude, so I want to share this information only with you and your team. In any way except of this particular aspect I don't want to have private support but I like the forum as proper space to speak about betas and problems. So also others can take advantage from these discussion. In any way beta are also useful to give feedback to developer. Hoping you may understand.

Faithfully.

Diego

Edited by Diego
1- The [unchanged] type seems more appropriate to me. Did you try it?

2 - Sometimes drivers have their own mind. Does it only affect situations when DiSEqC commands have to be sent or tuning in general?

1- Yes the [unchanged] mode works good. I will use it. I tried the new [updated] in order to see if it was in any way compatible and works.

2- Well, I thought tuning in general, but diseq commands may affect it? What can I do to be sure it is a tuning in genearal problem?

If can hel using old version of DVBViewer and simple diseq commands only for the switch so Pos/Opt it give problems in any way.

But also in that situation diseq command could interfer?

you can obtain indirectly more or less my latidute and longitude,

Very difficult, even if you know the equations and how the motor angle is coded in the DiSEqC command. The equations are quite complicated (a lot of sinus/cosinus/arctan). They must be kind of reversed, and I think it's not possible to calculate the latitude/longitude unambiguously from the motor angle and the satellite orbital position as long as the elevation is unknown.

What can I do to be sure it is a tuning in genearal problem?

Well, I guess there is some default allowing to scan a satellite position without DiSEqC command. So set DiSEqC to None for that satellite position, switch "Use Standard Interface" off, and try a full scan. Does it work as expected? Usually Standard Interface off is better, because it is faster.

Well, I guess there is some default allowing to scan a satellite position without DiSEqC command. So set DiSEqC to None for that satellite position, switch "Use Standard Interface" off, and try a full scan. Does it work as expected? Usually Standard Interface off is better, because it is faster.

Done as you said but it seems a problem of tuning in general.

no diseq related problem for sure, because using diseq-->[none] or [extended] doesn't change the tuning issue.

Now I explain you the tuning problem.

The tuning system always repeat, on all frequencies and trasponder, the channels it found on first tunable transponder as you can see [transedit tuned export ini file I here in enclose".

I saw a newer driver is realased from my OEM "Digitalrise" I will try the new driver, but last time I tried installing it then I didn't see Hd channels anymore, and I had to reinstall the entire system.

Hot_Bird_130_E_Fast_scan_transedit.zip

The driver doesn't tune at all with standard interface off. Looks like it just stays with the last tuned transponder. :) Did you also try "Stop stream while tuning" and/or "Use internal Network Provider" Filter on/off in combination with "Use standard interface" off?

@Lars: Are there known problems with Twinhan and direct tuning?

none that I'm aware of. There were problems with I believe the .100 driver and diseqC (about 2 years ago) and after fixing that, they had problems running two card paralell, but as far as I know at least the .300 driver was OK. Unfortunatly I can't use my dvb-s2 twinhan anymore, it doesn't fit into my new PC, so I can't check it myself...

The driver doesn't tune at all with standard interface off. Looks like it just stays with the last tuned transponder. :D Did you also try "Stop stream while tuning" and/or "Use internal Network Provider" Filter on/off in combination with "Use standard interface" off?

Well I always used "Stop stream while tuning" [on], I tried turning it [off] and direct tuning now tune good.

But I also updated my drivers to twinhan 1.1.1.500 and now using transedit doesn't move the positioner using proper commands as show by you:

1- select proper switch (unchanged)

2- insert delay (variable from 100ms to 1000ms)

3- move the positioner

In transedit I go to the satellite I set the diseq extended edit with the above commands then I go into the transponder box and press [analize] or [scan selected] but nothing happen and the positioner don't move.

Perhaps I have to clean all DVBViewer and transedit settings?

support.zip

Unfortunatly I can't use my dvb-s2 twinhan anymore, it doesn't fit into my new PC, so I can't check it myself...

Hehehe do you use a mini HTPC? fanless?

I' d like one but for now I have my old really loud system

New fresh system install and now I' m able to move satellite with positioner console-->go to position.

Now I can't export scanning because I don't know why but transedit says there is no DVBViewer installed.

I stered all "configuration files in root of DVBViewer"

Perhaps there is to add something in various ini or config files.

What to do?

Now I can't export scanning because I don't know why but transedit says there is no DVBViewer installed.

1) TransEdit.exe must be stored in the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is)

2) TransEdit expects the file channels.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder.

2) TransEdit expects the file channels.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder.

This it was. I always install DVBViewer without tuning any channel because I had a particoular system chain, and so there was no channels.dat.

Now Transedit export the tuned channels list.

What to say now all works good as first time, I don't know what happend with new DVB-S board drivers. At the end I was not sure it was something related to that or if it was a problem moving positioner, perhaps changing the 0 position.

Initially after the system fresh reinstall, I was able to move the positioner but not to tune any channels. Then I went to zero position using the program of the DVB-S board. And after some tweak to diseq command under diseq editor I can scan various satellite transponders again.

In any way, now I don't change anything.

Just some little thoughts about the use of this important feature.

In order to lets the positioner move I insered a delay of 5-7 seconds afert the move positioner commands in the diseq editor. This is good to use it under transedit, because the positioner moves only one time per scan.

But it could be just a little problem into DVBViewer because every time I change a channel (or better a transponder) I have to wait for the delay. Well I could delete the delay into DVBViewer channels list but unfortunately if I do this then It is difficult to switch from a channel of sat to another channels onto another sat.

In any way also with 5 second of delay I need to select 2 or 3 channel on different trasponder of the same sat in order to play the channel on a different sats. (I tried switching channels from Hispasat 30° W to Astra 19,2° E).

Sometimes, something goes wrong, and I see nothing also after 5 swichts of channels on different transponder of the same sat (that is supposed it calls the positioner command diseqC list for that sat).

But if I go in Setting-->Options-->Harware-->Scan Device and then try to play again the channel than I see it.

On my opinion it could be useful having a [goto zero] and [goto angular postion] buttons also under the Channel list-->channel editor-->name of root selected window, where there is [site] [Edit] under is [Ku-L] [Ku-C] [C-band].

So you can delete the delay at least in DVBViewer channel list and then you can directly move the positioner to the sat position only once (obiousvly it could consider the command diseq chain list (swicht)).

Hoping being clear and useful.

Well I could delete the delay into DVBViewer channels list but unfortunately if I do this then It is difficult to switch from a channel of sat to another channels onto another sat.
Have you tryed Options > Hardware > Retune on missing stream after 3 Sec may be this helps.
Have you tryed Options > Hardware > Retune on missing stream after 3 Sec may be this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

Well this option helps on fast channels switching on different transponders of the same sat.

Now I deleted the delay into the diseq editor after moving positioner, but I have to make some swithing betwwen a channel to another on a different trasponder of the same sat in order to play a channel onto a different sat (and I suppose to make move the positioner).

In any way as told I hope DVBViewer would have a goto angular position buttons and goto zero button in the channel list editor under the "root" name options.

but I have to make some swithing betwwen a channel to another on a different trasponder of the same sat in order to play a channel onto a different sat

Can you find out whether the motor moves after changing to a different sat for the first time? That 's an important point.

If not, the DiSEqC command obviously doesn't arrive, and there is something you can try: The DiSEqC Editor allows to send commands repeatedly. Just insert them more than once, perhaps with a delay in between.. dunno. Seems like a driver issue to me.

Another question: Does switching to a different sat position depend on the type of transponder that has been tuned *before*? E.g. does it work if it is a horizontal/vertical or low band (22 khz off) transponder? I'm asking that because the DiSEqC command is sent before the new transponder on a different sat position is actually tuned, so the type of the previous transponder may have influence.

Hello Griga :)

Can you find out whether the motor moves after changing to a different sat for the first time? That 's an important point.

Well often the positioner doesn't move at first time so diseqC doesn't arrive.

I have at about 25 meter for arrive with wire to the positioner and perhaps this could be a porblem.

Another question: Does switching to a different sat position depend on the type of transponder that has been tuned *before*? E.g. does it work if it is a horizontal/vertical or low band (22 khz off) transponder? I'm asking that because the DiSEqC command is sent before the new transponder on a different sat position is actually tuned, so the type of the previous transponder may have influence.

But also if the positioner have moved sometimes I have to switch to a different trasponder. I will check this issue as you told.

I can say that if I check scan device under option-->hardware the positioner moves and I think I see the cahnnel but I have to make some more testing.

Hello Griga,

just downloaded transedit 3.2.8.

I've a motorized dish, TT - S2- 3650-CI, Vista 32.

First I tried via positioner to move the dish -> NO (dish does not move)

Then I tried to scan a satelite -> NO (dish does not move)

Changed retune attempts from default 0 to 1, made a scan (Blind or Scan all)-> TADA my dish is moving to the correct position!

Checked if I'm able to move it only by the positioner buttons -> NO

Any ideas?

I've tested it with a TT-connect S2-3600 and the latest driver from the TechnoTrend site under XP - DiSEqC always worked on first attempt (simple Pos/Opt commands, however). Try to change Settings -> Hardware -> Use Standard Interface and/or Stop Stream While Tuning (what is your current setting?)

I've tested it with a TT-connect S2-3600 and the latest driver from the TechnoTrend site under XP - DiSEqC always worked on first attempt (simple Pos/Opt commands, however). Try to change Settings -> Hardware -> Use Standard Interface and/or Stop Stream While Tuning (what is your current setting?)

I played with the settings...

The only combination where it works is, everything unchecked except "dvb-s2 device" and "attempts >=1". I also noticed that you need to tune for a longer time before the dish moves. Let's say your dish is at 19,2 and you have selected hotbird at 13 for scanning. If you press "scan selected" the dish probably will not move if you press "blind scan" it will move for sure. I also tested with DVBViewer pro 4.0.1.1 (but only for a short time) it looks like it works. The only thing I noticed was that if you tune on a channel with low reception signal, you have no chance to switch channels via remote control.

Strange. I wonder why it works here with random hardware settings and

- ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll 1.0.1.4

- driver 1.0.2.20

TT devices switch LNB power off when they are not used, which caused problems here since the first DiSEqC command must be sent before tuning for the first time (which switches LNB power on, initializing the device doesn't do it). Of course DiSEqC can't work without LNB power. However, TransEdit now explicitely switches the power on when sending the first DiSEqC command, which made it work here.

Maybe it's just a timing issue in your case. Your positioner may need some time to power up before it is ready to receive the command. Try to use DiSEqC = Extended resp. the DiSEqC Editor for defining a DiSEqC sequence that repeats the command, e.g.

Positioner - Angular Position

Internal - Delay - 100 (or more)

Positioner - Angular Position (repeated)

Strange. I wonder why it works here with random hardware settings and

- ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll 1.0.1.4

- driver 1.0.2.20

TT devices switch LNB power off when they are not used, which caused problems here since the first DiSEqC command must be sent before tuning for the first time (which switches LNB power on, initializing the device doesn't do it). Of course DiSEqC can't work without LNB power. However, TransEdit now explicitely switches the power on when sending the first DiSEqC command, which made it work here.

Maybe it's just a timing issue in your case. Your positioner may need some time to power up before it is ready to receive the command. Try to use DiSEqC = Extended resp. the DiSEqC Editor for defining a DiSEqC sequence that repeats the command, e.g.

Positioner - Angular Position

Internal - Delay - 100 (or more)

Positioner - Angular Position (repeated)

Hello,

my ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll is 1.0.1.20 (at least this is what shows up in the file properties).

I put the sequence in first with 100 ms, now pressing 2 times "go to angular pos" worked (Repeat was set to 0).

So I changedd to 200 ms, and it looks now better, now I'm able to move 10 steps east (or west) also. continuous drive east or west (0) does not work for me. And I have no problem with go to angular position.

I found a firmware update for my box on technotrend home page, so I'll give it a try, and see if the drivers have changed...

I'll report here.

Thanks for feedback. Seems we have to change the proceeding for TT devices in the following way:

- Initialize the device

- Switch LNB power on

- 250 ms delay (hopefully) giving DiSEqC equipment sufficient time to power up.

- Perform first tuning resp. send the first DiSEqC command.